MyGers

CR3

15 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

MyGers must be struggling if the lying SLO has shown his face again. 

People complain when he doesn't answer questions, so as much as a lot of fans think he just follows the company line, I think it's a positive that he's willing to come on and answer questions directly.

Do I agree with the answers, not really, but it's better to know the official position rather than not. 

Do I think the focus groups asked for or expected a fee based membership scheme, absolutely not. And it's noticeable that he has kept away from answering questions about this simply being about income generation 

13 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

MyGers must be struggling if the lying SLO has shown his face again. 

Gee it a rest mate. Boy’s doing his job and trying to actually give answers on here which isn’t exactly easy at the best of times in here.

Just now, TartanTeddy said:

People complain when he doesn't answer questions, so as much as a lot of fans think he just follows the company line, I think it's a positive that he's willing to come on and answer questions directly.

Do I agree with the answers, not really, but it's better to know the official position rather than not. 

Do I think the focus groups asked for or expected a fee based membership scheme, absolutely not. And it's noticeable that he has kept away from answering questions about this simply being about income generation and not about helping fans follow the team.

I’ve never asked the cunt one question in my life and nobody should because there’s every chance he is lying straight to your face. 
Stabbed good Rangers fans in the back to get where he is. 

5 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

What would have been your ideal scenario for the ST situation last year? Bearing in mind £150 per season ticket refund would cost the club millions. Even a £50 refund would be approximately 2.3 million.

The club should have followed what other clubs are doing - which is to allow fans that want a refund to apply for it.

Season tickets are sold on the basis of games expected to be played. It's a contract on both sides and has to be honoured in that way. Whether fans choose to apply would be up to them.

The club don't have a right to decide that their financial needs are greater than an individual fans financial needs.

Just now, ForeverAndEver said:

Gee it a rest mate. Boy’s doing his job and trying to actually give answers on here which isn’t exactly easy at the best of times in here.

Funny how he hasn’t been seen in here since the 1872/RangersFirst shambles and his auld man wanting to fight every cunt because we questioned the 2 of them. 

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

I think a bit of understanding during a global pandemic is required. They can have the staff in to man the phones so the customer service line has been closed. 

I can phone any other company in the UK when they’re working from home but can’t phone one that wants £500 off me during the middle of this global pandemic? Lol. 

You trying to say the club couldn’t provide a £20 phone line for people working from home? 

10 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Over 10000 already 

The point is that the MyGers scheme is pressuring people into joining to get access to tickets - it will have a decent take up, not based on quality or fans wanting to join, but by fans feeling compelled to join in case they miss out on tickets. 

The cost is high and it offers almost nothing to fans in return other than jumping ahead of others in the queue for tickets

22 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

All of the above could be done without a fee,  or certainly could be achieved with a nominal fee, particularly given the loyalty fans have shown and continue to show towards the club.

So, a direct question, do you think the fee is fair and appropriate, and what was the clubs thinking in levying this during the current pandemic??

And a second question - what is the clubs final position on last seasons missed games (value circa £150).

I fully appreciate that these decisions are not your's to make and it appears to be coming from the new commercial team, but as the fan liaison person, are you comfortable in seeing this type of approach when other clubs in the league are showing far greater consideration towards their fan base?

Do I think £40 for the MyGers membership is fair value? Yes. 

Am I happy about the timing? Unfortunately it couldn’t be avoided. MyGers was a project the club invested significant sums in and it was all ready to go. My belief is that this system is better than what it replaces so although not perfect I believe the club were right to progress it. 

your second question isn’t one I can answer - the club will be providing an update on the 2019/20 season and the details around collecting the £25 voucher in the next few days 

3 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

The club should have followed what other clubs are doing - which is to allow fans that want a refund to apply for it.

Season tickets are sold on the basis of games expected to be played. It's a contract on both sides and has to be honoured in that way. Whether fans choose to apply would be up to them.

The club don't have a right to decide that their financial needs are greater than an individual fans financial needs.

Theres nothing contractually in the T&Cs to warrant a refund for non fulfilled games.

It didn't have to be honoured anyway other than contractually. The club do have that right to decide as there is no legal or contractual requirement for them to do otherwise. Other clubs may have different T&Cs

Btw I'm not condoning what the club have done. I just think it's a moral or ethical debate not a contractual one.

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

I think a bit of understanding during a global pandemic is required. They can have the staff in to man the phones so the customer service line has been closed. 

What like the understanding the club has shown to people who have been furloughed????  You were better off just sticking to FF mate.  By coming on here and  trying to defend a deeply flawed scheme, the answers given just  cement my belief its all about the money.  The club have a brass neck pushing forward with this at this particular time but we have to show understanding? 

3 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

I can phone any other company in the UK when they’re working from home but can’t phone one that wants £500 off me during the middle of this global pandemic? Lol. 

You trying to say the club couldn’t provide a £20 phone line for people working from home? 

C'mon mate, they've only taken in £500,000 so far, and you want a premium phone line and some customer service!!!

Ohh aye, and 35,000 seats where they saved £150 from last season. So that's another £5,250,000 

But, if you just show some patience and loyalty, you'll probably get a super exclusive nylon scarf :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, MorelosRangers said:

Poor show. These comments won't help anybody.

You putting your hand in you're pocket for a season book would. I might follow your lead  jump onto a Real Betis forum this afternoon and make some suggestions to them,  ive put about as much money their way as you have with us 

1 minute ago, Gascoigne8 said:

You putting your hand in you're pocket for a season book would. I might follow your lead  jump onto a Real Betis forum this afternoon and make some suggestions to them,  ive put about as much money their way as you have with us 

😄 you know absolutely nothing. 

Put the cans down - off to bed.

3 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Do I think £40 for the MyGers membership is fair value? Yes. 

Am I happy about the timing? Unfortunately it couldn’t be avoided. MyGers was a project the club invested significant sums in and it was all ready to go. My belief is that this system is better than what it replaces so although not perfect I believe the club were right to progress it. 

your second question isn’t one I can answer - the club will be providing an update on the 2019/20 season and the details around collecting the £25 voucher in the next few days 

Could it not have been postponed for a year mate to allow fans time to recover financially from the pandemic, some where struggling to make ST payments on time then got hit with this extra charge on top of it? 

17 minutes ago, TartanTeddy said:

Do I think the focus groups asked for or expected a fee based membership scheme, absolutely not. And it's noticeable that he has kept away from answering questions about this simply being about income generation 

Regarding that last point I can confirm fees were discussed with thin the focus group as well as the fan survey. If anyone in here took part in the fan survey they can confirm the question related to a membership fee 

5 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Theres nothing contractually in the T&Cs to warrant a refund for non fulfilled games.

It didn't have to be honoured anyway other than contractually. The club do have that right to decide as there is no legal or contractual requirement for them to do otherwise. Other clubs may have different T&Cs

Btw I'm not condoning what the club have done. I just think it's a moral or ethical debate not a contractual one.

The T&C's state that 'a season ticket is valid for the entire season and is priced and offered accordingly'. 

A lot has been made of Rangers T&C's not covering refunds but that actually isn't the case. Or at least I haven't seen anything specific to that point. It will certainly be interesting to see what trading standards will say in terms of the club offering a voucher for £25 as full and complete compensation if fans were to raise a complaint.