MyGers

CR3

6 minutes ago, mitre_mouldmaster said:

I think the admins in here should find a way to link the usernames to the MyGers accounts to be honest.

Remove that silly '+Like' count they have in the avatar now and instead link it to the MyGers points, so we can see who the most uber fans are.

I'd link it to things like membership in the OO etc

Things that are Rangers related

7 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'm assuming that the RangersTV subscription points are high due to the majority of those who subscribe are based overseas? 

Giving a little back to those who can't go to Ibrox and who won't be applying for away games, so should be null & void in a sense.

But I understand people will 'play the game', but as others have mentioned this is all about £££ for the Club.

25 points back for those who didn't take a refund is stinking. It should be a free game, friendly or not, for those who have been ST holders for the last 'x' amount of years. 

Creating a divide between those who could afford it, and couldn't afford it, is disgusting. 

It’s fucking vile. 

2 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

I'd link it to things like membership in the OO etc

Things that are Rangers related

The club is quite rightfully stamping down on things like the links to the OO which are blatantly sectarian.

If you actually look at the small print, membership in the OO counts as negative 100 on the MyGers scheme. Personally, I would just reject any applications and ban the members.

12 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'm assuming that the RangersTV subscription points are high due to the majority of those who subscribe are based overseas? 

Giving a little back to those who can't go to Ibrox and who won't be applying for away games, so should be null & void in a sense.

But I understand people will 'play the game', but as others have mentioned this is all about £££ for the Club.

25 points back for those who didn't take a refund is stinking. It should be a free game, friendly or not, for those who have been ST holders for the last 'x' amount of years. 

Creating a divide between those who could afford it, and couldn't afford it, is disgusting. 

Said this when it first came out. It would basically give someone like myself who still puts in a couple of hundred quid every year for a subscription a chance of getting a home ticket when visiting. Personally I can get tickets whenever home but not all can.

3 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Am I reading this right.... 

5 points for home ticket, 5 points for league attendance... 

So if I attend 8 games and buy Rangers TV I have the same points as someone who buys a season ticket? 

Would they not get their 8x 5 points for attendance though giving them an extra 40 on top per say? Plus, they would generally be attending close-to or every match.

4 minutes ago, Craiggybear said:

Am I reading this right.... 

5 points for home ticket, 5 points for league attendance... 

So if I attend 8 games and buy Rangers TV I have the same points as someone who buys a season ticket? 

The season ticket holder will get 5 points every time they scan into ibrox to though mate 

There seems to be a bit of a mind sway tbh reading Facebook, FollowFollow and a few other comments in here in the other thread earlier - that people are either now fine with the idea or just accepted it. 

Upto them I suppose as they don't want to risk missing out - but I think it shows how conditioned we end up as Rangers fans .... a shocking new system = a few moans and a little resistance at first then it's all forgotten about.

Suppose someone might read that and say "what do you expect them to do? just moan about it forever?" no, not really but It's interesting watching mindsets just change.

11 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

more money for better players, it’s that simple 

It’s not though it’s complicated as fuck and will turn into an absolute farce. All it’s done for me is make the decision easier to no longer attend any other ground In Scotland bar Ibrox. I won’t be joining mygers this season but will look at it again next year when hopefully I’m in a better financial position.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

There seems to be a bit of a mind sway tbh reading Facebook, FollowFollow and a few other comments in here in the other thread earlier - that people are either now fine with the idea or just accepted it. 

Upto them I suppose as they don't want to risk missing out - but I think it shows how conditioned we end up as Rangers fans .... a shocking new system = a few moans and a little resistance at first then it's all forgotten about.

Suppose someone might read that and say "what do you expect them to do? just moan about it forever?" no, not really but It's interesting watching mindsets just change.

You could say the same about all the corruption from the spfl. All the outrage at first and now barely a mention. 

14 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

more money for better players, it’s that simple 

There's 16,000 on the scheme mate.

640k.

Minus how many of that 16k would use their £25 vouchers for the cost.

That might (at a guess) bring it down to around 400k .... the type of player that would get us, would be Scott Allen's signing-on fee and wages for the year.

Just using him as an example, I'm not saying he's signing. I don't think that that MyGers figure is the difference between top class players coming and not coming.

5 minutes ago, Sket said:

You could say the same about all the corruption from the spfl. All the outrage at first and now barely a mention. 

Exactly this. All the chest beating about Rangers fighting it, do this or that or they're done with Rangers and/or Scottish football. Now it's just excuses and everycunts moved on.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

It’s not though it’s complicated as fuck and will turn into an absolute farce. All it’s done for me is make the decision easier to no longer attend any other ground I’m Scotland bar Ibrox. I won’t be joining mygers this season but will look at it again next year when hopefully I’m in a better financial position.

I don’t get the connection,  if mygers never existed, would you be attending away games?

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

There's 16,000 on the scheme mate.

640k.

Minus how many of that 16k would use their £25 vouchers for the cost.

That might (at a guess) bring it down to around 400k .... the type of player that would get us, would be Scott Allen's signing-on fee and wages for the year.

Just using him as an example, I'm not saying he's signing. I don't think that that MyGers figure is the different between top class players coming and not coming.

Exactly this. All the chest beating about Rangers fighting it, do this or that or they're done with Rangers and/or Scottish football. Now it's just excuses and everycunts moved on.

If we more than double the membership we get a player for a million or instead of buying a 3 million player we get a 4 million player. It’s a vehicle to get more money into the club IMO

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

I don’t get the connection,  if mygers never existed, would you be attending away games?

After what happened with all the voting corruption and titles been handed out I was considering not joining the CCCS this season the introduction of Mygers made that decision to not attend away games or hampden easier.

Simple connection mate.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Apart from castore there’s been nothing good came out the club since March , the treatment of the support has been disgraceful , Today’s revelation being the lowest point yet regarding the 25 points , you wonder what’s coming next 

5 minutes ago, Bad Robot said:

If we more than double the membership we get a player for a million or instead of buying a 3 million player we get a 4 million player. It’s a vehicle to get more money into the club IMO

I don't disagree it's a vehicle to get more money into the club, but it's an extortion racket IMO. 

Instead of looking at it to maybe attract a better class of player (which I don't think it's substantial enough to do)

The thing is, we won't double the membership at all. When Bar72 next season becomes full-blown hospitality (and the ticket perks that go with that) all the tickets for celtic, Aberdeen, Hibs and if they're back in the league, Hearts will go to Bar72, players, sponsors, corporate, staff, box holders. 

Watch that 16k who's signed up for it now dwindle and then the following season these clowns in charge of us come back cap in hand.

They should then be paying us £40/£50 a year to take their pish Livingston and Motherwell tickets and support the team.

21 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

People tend to react to any change in a negative manner, but once they've had an opportunity to look at things, digest the information, and then form their own opinion (rather than going with initial group-think) you tend to get a truer picture of what the change really means to people.

16 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

A points system rewarding fans while putting money into the club is a good thing, but they've totally fucked it with the wording in the statement for extra mygers points..... 

"As an additional reward for the loyalty of supporters who held a 2019/20 season ticket and did not request a refund..." 

.... No like these unloyal season ticket holders who asked for refunds :confused:

Thats not how they should be describing it,  there's folk with 3 and 4 season tickets per household and that refund could make a massive difference to folk on furlough. 

Should have been "as a thank you to supporters who don't require refunds..."