Next season

King Jela

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we’re changing captain then we’ve got to sign one.

No-one at club has that leadership, winning mentality that we need.

100% ,I’ve literally never seen Ryan jack open his mouth in 3 seasons , no idea where that shout comes from , every bit the loser Tav apparently is as they’ve played in the same team for 3 seasons 

7 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

Totally. He is everything our club should be without. I’d also add Morelos to that as well.

we have a chance to wipe the slate clean here and bring in 10/15 million.

I think Alfredo will go and to be honest as much as I like him he will always be a target playing here.  That is from opposition players and bloody referees.

A good fee for him and Tav would be a huge help financially,  obviously we need to replace them but I believe can be done.

Watching the last dance just now.

Takeaway the fact that Jordan was incredible, the part when he speaks about being liked by team mates and He says he doesn’t care if team mates liked him he just wanted to make them winners..

Exactly the attitude our captain needs.

6 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Get rid of the captain and vice captain for a start  ( I hate Goldson).

Don't think defence is the problem. We've relied too much on Tav for creativity when it needs to come from midfield. Goldson is decent imo, prob needed resting a few games last season - he literally played every game. 

Never understood why it took so long for Edmudson to get a game, surely at home he could have got a run out earlier...Gerrard does seem very rigid in style, formation and tactics. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Watching the last dance just now.

Takeaway the fact that Jordan was incredible, the part when he speaks about being liked by team mates and He says he doesn’t care if team mates liked him he just wanted to make them winners..

Exactly the attitude our captain needs.

Was watching that thinking his mentality is spot on. Sole focus on winning and supreme confidence in his ability.

Screaming out for an attitude like that in the team.

30 minutes ago, Junior Soprano said:

He will be gone mate. Ryan jack will be captain imo

I think you’re right but I don’t think Jack imposes himself the way a Greig, a Souness or even a Ferguson did and, quite frankly, we need a right cunt driving these guys on.

We won’t always be as up against it as we will be this coming season with a highly motivated opposition and people running the game so corrupt that they can’t be arsed covering it up anymore.

But this season, more than any in recent memory, we really need to stop chucking away points to teams significantly poorer than us. Get two or three in front so that the officials can’t influence the game.

That means a real leader, the way Gerrard was in Istanbul.

I had hoped that might be Goldson or Helander but neither has the presence to influence a game, nor, sadly, does the captain.

Longer term, maybe McCrorie or Big George might develop that way but we don’t have time for that - we need a leader first and a silky footballer second.

Wouldn't have a problem with a one/two season John Terry-type presence on a short term contract to kick arses when games are drifting.

2 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Was watching that thinking his mentality is spot on. Sole focus on winning and supreme confidence in his ability.

Screaming out for an attitude like that in the team.

As i said i know he was such an incredible talent but it’s the mindset and his ability to make instil that mentality in team mates.

Pretty sure Kevin Thomson said that about Barry Ferguson.

9 minutes ago, bluebell82 said:

Don't think defence is the problem. We've relied too much on Tav for creativity when it needs to come from midfield. Goldson is decent imo, prob needed resting a few games last season - he literally played every game. 

Never understood why it took so long for Edmudson to get a game, surely at home he could have got a run out earlier...Gerrard does seem very rigid in style, formation and tactics. 

Think of the goals we conceded when we’ve dropped points the majority of them were defensive blunders. celtic at home, tynecastle away, Hamilton at home, sheep away,st Johnstone away. 

I think Helander should be first pick with us maybe bringing a new CB in because Goldson and tav can’t be trusted together on that right hand side of defence.

1 hour ago, Blumhoilann said:

Bloody right,take them to the Shetlands for some cold weather training ;-)

C'mon it's  got to be the time honoured call, get them down the dunes at Gullane , mind you  they dunes are probably protected nowadays 

Ideally we'd need two top drawer centre backs, a right back, a proper holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder to play alongside Hagi, a quality right winger and at least two more strikers. 

All assuming we're sticking with the 4-3-3.

Need a proper cdm, sort of a cross between  Ian Ferguson and Tugay 

Ideally a centre forward and predator type centre forward  but quality no just numbers to  pacify the masses.

Need a team of real bad losers enough of the polite Mr nice guy nonsense 

Need a full new dominant creative central midfield, going games upon games without any midfielder creating a chance, scoring a goal even playing a forward pass is soul destroying ,

teams let them have the ball coz they know the chances of us hurting them is very few and far between , arribo has undoubted ability but he never kicks on from anything positive , he’ll score a good goal then nothing for the next 5 games , Kamara and jack are still Dundee and Aberdeen players in my opinion , Davis is as negative as the rest now to , 

our centre mid never get beyond the buff or get into the box ,they never beat a man , if they do find themselves 25 yards from goal theyll turn and play it 40 45 yards square for Tav or Barisic to swing it in, instead of having a pop at goal 

The type of player Gerrard was its baffling we have a centre midfield that refuses to do anything positive 

5 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ideally we'd need two top drawer centre backs, a right back, a proper holding midfielder, an attacking midfielder to play alongside Hagi, a quality right winger and at least two more strikers. 

All assuming we're sticking with the 4-3-3.

Hagi can’t play in a 433, complete waste of time signing him unless he’s going to play 10.

Only time kent has looked decent is when he’s stayed out wide which is hardly ever last season. Kent wide left, Hagi 10 and a good right winger with buffalo up top that’s causing all sorts of bother to anyone domestically.

4 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Hagi can’t play in a 433, complete waste of time signing him unless he’s going to play 10.

Only time kent has looked decent is when he’s stayed out wide which is hardly ever last season. Kent wide left, Hagi 10 and a good right winger with buffalo up top that’s causing all sorts of bother to anyone domestically.

Disagree I think he's still worth signing to play in a middle 3, with the most attacking responsibility given of the 3. 

- I like the 4-3-3 but it is okay to change depending on opponents or how the game is going.

- substitutions (tactics) could still improve.

- better summer signings for players 12-18. Barker, Jones, Stewart & Hastie were bad signings.

-build the team around Hagi and get him a proper right winger.

- convince Morelos to stay one more year. (I feel the kid has something to prove next season)

- Tav should not be captain but who should? It needs addressed.

- sign Arron Hickey and Mirko Maric.

1 minute ago, bluenoz said:

- I like the 4-3-3 but it is okay to change depending on opponents or how the game is going.

- substitutions (tactics) could still improve.

- better summer signings for players 12-18. Barker, Jones, Stewart & Hastie were bad signings.

-build the team around Hagi and get him a proper right winger.

- convince Morelos to stay one more year. (I feel the kid has something to prove next season)

- Tav should not be captain but who should? It needs addressed.

- sign Arron Hickey and Mirko Maric.

Morelos needs to go he’s no use to us sitting in the stands we need a new striker that we can rely on.  

3 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Morelos needs to go he’s no use to us sitting in the stands we need a new striker that we can rely on.  

Be careful what you wish for mate. Replacing him won't be easy. I just think, soon or later he learns. Maybe becoming a dad will help. No-one can predict this kid.

Archived