Next season

King Jela

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

We need a new captain as the first step IMO, and that probably means selling Tav, do I think that will happen, unfortunately no.  ☹

I still get slightly confused at these posts. When Tav was out the team it showed how much we missed him. He had a poor season compared to his previous seasons, but Tav alone didn't cost us the title and we lost more games through bad management which for me was far more concerning as was the lack of goals from anywhere else other than Morelos.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
49 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Watching the last dance just now.

Takeaway the fact that Jordan was incredible, the part when he speaks about being liked by team mates and He says he doesn’t care if team mates liked him he just wanted to make them winners..

Exactly the attitude our captain needs.

How good is it mate. On the last episode. Got me thinking how badly we are missing a winner in that team. 

For me it's quite blatant.

Not in this particular order btw.

1- Drop Tav as captain and award it to a natural, born leader (and aye I know before someone say's it about we shouldn't need one person with a piece of elastic at a club like ours) we still need a rallying presence. 

2- Two new central midfielders who can grab a game by the scruff of the neck and who can chip in with a few goals. Fenians get a lot of goals from their midfield/attacking/winger positions. I'd need to see the stats but the likes of McGregor and Forrest probably get, on average, a dozen goals a season each and often in big games and games they need dug out a hole. 

3- A physical presence upfront to mix things up a bit. Have a look at any of the 3 games at Tynecastle this season to see what I mean (although that's not the only reason we failed to win any of them)

4- Tactics-wise ;

A- We need have our wingers stop cutting in. Get them on the ball and down the flanks and to the bye-lines.
B- There's absolutely no need for Gerrard to play 2 (sometimes even 3) defensive-minded central midfielders in our league. I'd even argue sometimes in some games not even one is needed, let alone that.
C- If Hagi is here again next season play him in his proper position which is, in my opinion, a traditional number 10 attacking role or even a free role in the final third. Some games Gerrard had him out on the wing and even sitting deep a few times. Pure waste.
D- Use the squad more wisely to prevent us getting stagnent. I don't mean a new starting XI every other week, we need stability but we could defo use our squad better.
E- If needbe then go 2 upfront. I know Gerrard actually did it a couple of times last season but should be done more.
F- Cut out the individual errors. Aye you James Taverneir and Connor Goldson.

I think Alfredo will go and to be honest as much as I like him he will always be a target playing here.  That is from opposition players and bloody referees.

A good fee for him and Tav would be a huge help financially,  obviously we need to replace them but I believe can be done.

If we were to get 15+ for Morelos and upwards of 5 for Tav then that's more than enough to rebuild fir a title challenge imo. Don't mind any of them going tbh. 

1 hour ago, Cedrick said:

100% ,I’ve literally never seen Ryan jack open his mouth in 3 seasons , no idea where that shout comes from , every bit the loser Tav apparently is as they’ve played in the same team for 3 seasons 

and cries like a wee lassie so it’s a definite no for me 

We need a new captain as the first step IMO, and that probably means selling Tav, do I think that will happen, unfortunately no.  ☹

I was never a fan of him being given the armband and I feel I have been proven correct with how he has represented us post match and in the media. Could you see Gough making the shite statements or refusing to speak after a bad defeat, could you fuck!

34 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I still get slightly confused at these posts. When Tav was out the team it showed how much we missed him. He had a poor season compared to his previous seasons, but Tav alone didn't cost us the title and we lost more games through bad management which for me was far more concerning as was the lack of goals from anywhere else other than Morelos.

👌🏻

A right back who isn't error prone. A left back who can consistently put in a good performance. Two centre halves that can defend. A midfielder with some bite. A midfielder with some drive. A midfielder with some vision. A striker who can stay on the pitch and score against celtic. A wider right player who can control a ball and take a man on.\

Anything else?

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Just because Patterson is not quite ready and Flanagan is shite  isn't the reason why we missed Tav. He never found his groove at any time. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

We only missed him in the sense that the shape of our team was different and the players looked a bit lost. He was playing in the first Tynecastle  if I remember correctly and the performance was just as bad as the other 2 were. 

It's not really a case that Tav is a good player IMO it's more to do with Gerrard, wrongly, has the wrong set up tactically and too reliant on an attacking right back

Do not give one fuck how we do it, we could play like Burnley ( remember the calls for Dyche after Warburton and what not, utterly mental as he earns millions more anyway ) Getting back to my original point we could play turgid football but if it delivers the league one fuck will not be given!! I cannot wait for us to rightfully claim the title, I grew up with us winning  everything, as many on here have, and that weird back and forth, then us being well managed by Walter the second time and then the demotion so the title will be so sweet and will boil their heads.

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Just fucking win the league Rangers.  

5 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’m more concerned about where we are going to pull the transfer kitty we need for next season from.

realistically our squad needs a minimum of about 10million spent on it and if you think the bead rattlers are just going to sit on their money while we strengthen you are kidding yourself on.

Squeaky bum time.

11 minutes ago, Fergie_6 said:
5 hours ago, Bigdave30 said:

I’m more concerned about where we are going to pull the transfer kitty we need for next season from.

realistically our squad needs a minimum of about 10million spent on it and if you think the bead rattlers are just going to sit on their money while we strengthen you are kidding yourself on.

Squeaky bum time.

You think we don't have money for transfers? 

We have had our best season in Europe since Manchester, also last couple of seasons have been 10m roughly spent, so why the doubt for this time, also new kit deal, worth 20m over 5 seasons.

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

If we’re changing captain then we’ve got to sign one.

No-one at club has that leadership, winning mentality that we need.

It's strange, but young Hagi seemed to be the only one who showed that kind of mentality

I think the only way we could afford to buy a good quality player with experience and those attributes would be  to uncover another Davie Weir 

That's going to be hard to do.

It's not like we can go out and buy a Terry Butcher

If we lose Morelos then i can't see us winning the league. He doesn't just score goals - he bullies defenders and his link up play since Gerrard arrived is really good. 

How many times do the players just hit a ball to Morelos and he produces some magic?

When Morelos was missing last season, we struggled. We were hitting balls up to Defoe and it wasn't working. The only good game was Hibs away before Christmas, but scoring early helped us take control and dominate.

9 hours ago, MorelosRangers said:

Win at all costs - take  no prisoners

Focus on the league and play squad players in the cups.

Have a winning mentality. Remove those who haven't got the bottle.

The league cup gives us our first chance to win something next season. Not giving our first 11 the chance to be winners doesn’t exactly develop a winning mentality.

8 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Watching the last dance just now.

Takeaway the fact that Jordan was incredible, the part when he speaks about being liked by team mates and He says he doesn’t care if team mates liked him he just wanted to make them winners..

Exactly the attitude our captain needs.

Jordan was such a winner he made up a story to himself that someone said ''great game mike'' after a bad game to motivate himself for the next one. Admitted 30 years later the guy never said it 😂 if only we had 11 Mike's eh.

8 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Think of the goals we conceded when we’ve dropped points the majority of them were defensive blunders. celtic at home, tynecastle away, Hamilton at home, sheep away,st Johnstone away. 

I think Helander should be first pick with us maybe bringing a new CB in because Goldson and tav can’t be trusted together on that right hand side of defence.

Agreed Tav and Goldson should be gone asap. I would be more confident if they are replaced. 

8 hours ago, shawzy02 said:

Absolutely. Same formation/ shape, same tactics (in Scotland, excl C@lti!c) = same results over the course of a season. I am afraid.... doesn’t matter who’s signed...

They are called scum/fenians/child abusers/ taigs etc. thanks 

Preseason team talk is easy. This is their chance to become club legends. I don’t think a title will have ever meant so much. Maybe it’s because it’s the here and now but it will mean every bit as much as our nine in a row title. 

2 minutes ago, ThenNowForever said:

Preseason team talk is easy. This is their chance to become club legends. I don’t think a title will have ever meant so much. Maybe it’s because it’s the here and now but it will mean every bit as much as our nine in a row title. 

Club legends?  I wouldnt say all players would automatically become club legends if we win the league. It will be another title.

The Tim's in a row ended at 8 a with an incomplete league this season. Even at 8 its bullshit as half of the time we werent in the same league.

Is lafferty a club legend due to sealing the league away to killie? Nope.

To become a club legend you would go on a long european run. Win trebles that arent tainted. Win 9, 10 in a row. High goal scoring. Score loads of old firm games and big game goals. Be at the club for a number of years been consistent in your performances.

Yes it is going to be the best feeling ever when we win the league again but doesnt mean all players become club legends. 

30 minutes ago, pollok-bear said:

Club legends?  I wouldnt say all players would automatically become club legends if we win the league. It will be another title.

The Tim's in a row ended at 8 a with an incomplete league this season. Even at 8 its bullshit as half of the time we werent in the same league.

Is lafferty a club legend due to sealing the league away to killie? Nope.

To become a club legend you would go on a long european run. Win trebles that arent tainted. Win 9, 10 in a row. High goal scoring. Score loads of old firm games and big game goals. Be at the club for a number of years been consistent in your performances.

Yes it is going to be the best feeling ever when we win the league again but doesnt mean all players become club legends. 

I can’t agree it will just be another title.  Personally it will mean the most to me given everything we have gone through but appreciate not everyone will feel this way.

i will view anyone that contributes to winning the league next year as a legend given what it will mean to me. My first season ticket was Advocaats first season so I didn’t get the full experience of our nine

Archived