Next season

King Jela

We have proved we can dominate and beat septic,  the trouble is dropping points against the other teams which is difficult to accept.  The priority has been for a long time to find a real box to box midfielder with energy tenacity and never say die spirit,  like Alex Macdonald,  Stuart  McCall,  Ian Ferguson or Terry Hurlock , a player of that type is required for Scottish football,  of course someone with guile and a football brain and a creative talent is always required but give me a real ball winner who never gives up as that has been our missing ingredient for too long. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I still get slightly confused at these posts. When Tav was out the team it showed how much we missed him. He had a poor season compared to his previous seasons, but Tav alone didn't cost us the title and we lost more games through bad management which for me was far more concerning as was the lack of goals from anywhere else other than Morelos.

I did not say he is not a good player must of the time, but he us not a winner and that is now a huge problem IMO.

It is all about opinions and I now believe a new captain is required, I would also add he probably needs to be brought in because I doubt anyone in the squad has the ability required.

9 hours ago, King Jela said:

If we were to get 15+ for Morelos and upwards of 5 for Tav then that's more than enough to rebuild fir a title challenge imo. Don't mind any of them going tbh. 

I agree, I think for different reasons it would be best for both to go, obviously for decent money. 

9 hours ago, badjon said:

I was never a fan of him being given the armband and I feel I have been proven correct with how he has represented us post match and in the media. Could you see Gough making the shite statements or refusing to speak after a bad defeat, could you fuck!

I was surprised SG kept him as captain when he took over and it has been proved to be a mistake.

I want to add I do not dislike Tav as a guy, I just do not see him as a winner and that is not what we need as our captain.

6 hours ago, Broxi said:

Disagree I think he's still worth signing to play in a middle 3, with the most attacking responsibility given of the 3. 

I don’t think you’d get the best out of him, he needs to be in a 10 with no defensive responsibility. 

Cant have him in a 3 and having him track back it would be a waste. Look at likes of Liverpool who play 433 better than anyone one of the midfield 3 aren’t anywhere near a 10 position.

6 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

You think we don't have money for transfers? 

We have had our best season in Europe since Manchester, also last couple of seasons have been 10m roughly spent, so why the doubt for this time, also new kit deal, worth 20m over 5 seasons.

I never said that, I said I’m not sure if we will have enough money to make the impact on the squad that we need.

I think we need to spend £10 mil as a minimum, If you use what we payed for Kent as a benchmark for what it would take to buy a ‘quality’ player and we need at least 3 of them then that’s you at £21 mil before you’ve bought a squad player.

Its time for the new director of football to earn his crust.

If we want to stop 9.5 next season we are going to need to have a good transfer window.

10 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

A right back who isn't error prone. A left back who can consistently put in a good performance. Two centre halves that can defend. A midfielder with some bite. A midfielder with some drive. A midfielder with some vision. A striker who can stay on the pitch and score against celtic. A wider right player who can control a ball and take a man on.\

Anything else?

A wide left player that can actually manage to get more than zero league assists?

Be good if they don't cost us £7m and even better still if they don't tell everyone they cant handle the pressure on tv after euro games.

2 hours ago, Bears r us said:

I did not say he is not a good player must of the time, but he us not a winner and that is now a huge problem IMO.

It is all about opinions and I now believe a new captain is required, I would also add he probably needs to be brought in because I doubt anyone in the squad has the ability required.

I agree with that mate. We need winners. There is a full sqaud of players who aren't winners imo. I don't know who else in that team is captain material. However when you have a guy who hasn't missed a game or training session in years, who bursts a gut every game and who seems well disciplined, then I can see why he was chosen as captain out of a very bad bunch of candidates.

10 hours ago, bluenoz said:

Just because Patterson is not quite ready and Flanagan is shite  isn't the reason why we missed Tav. He never found his groove at any time. 

Yeah he definitely lost consistency that made him a POTY candidate the previous season. Probably down to the pressure of the title push which shows his lack of captaincy qualities. However he still had something like 15 assists and 3 goals in a poor season. I agree he was poor compared to his previous season but he wasn't as big a part of the problem/title collapse as people make out. Gerrard was a bigger part for me.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

I agree with that mate. We need winners. There is a full sqaud of players who aren't winners imo. I don't know who else in that team is captain material. However when you have a guy who hasn't missed a game or training session in years, who bursts a gut every game and who seems well disciplined, then I can see why he was chosen as captain out of a very bad bunch of candidates.

The squad as you say is full of players who are not winners and while he has turned into a bit of a shite bag recently agreeing with the tarrier press, we desperately need a Barry Ferguson type leader on the pitch, his playing ability would also be welcome, but I think it is the determination to win games that is need most at this time. 

It is all about opinions mate, and as I have said I like Tav as a person, but I think if SG had looked at how he was part of the losing culture that our team had it would have been better to make a change. I would think that player probably needs to be brought in.

It is worth adding unless some team come in with a really good offer for Tav, I am sure he will still be here and still captain next season. 

3 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

The squad as you say is full of players who are not winners and while he has turned into a bit of a shite bag recently agreeing with the tarrier press, we desperately need a Barry Ferguson type leader on the pitch, his playing ability would also be welcome, but I think it is the determination to win games that is need most at this time. 

It is all about opinions mate, and as I have said I like Tav as a person, but I think if SG had looked at how he was part of the losing culture that our team had it would have been better to make a change. I would think that player probably needs to be brought in.

It is worth adding unless some team come in with a really good offer for Tav, I am sure he will still be here and still captain next season. 

If there is a better option without breaking the bank I'd still take it. I like the look of that Varela boy from Copenhagen. Looked solid but was a great attacking threat. We are crying out for a Barry Ferguson. I still don't mind the idea of a Lewis Ferguson in there for some bite. I'd also seriously look at someone like James Miller who is a fighter and a winner. Sure he is a free agent but I know that's a dream name for us the now.

3 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

If there is a better option without breaking the bank I'd still take it. I like the look of that Varela boy from Copenhagen. Looked solid but was a great attacking threat. We are crying out for a Barry Ferguson. I still don't mind the idea of a Lewis Ferguson in there for some bite. I'd also seriously look at someone like James Miller who is a fighter and a winner. Sure he is a free agent but I know that's a dream name for us the now.

He's a dream name right enough lol  - joking aside wouldn't mind Milner but think Klopp wants to tie him down for another year or 2

1 minute ago, raging blue 1972 said:

He's a dream name right enough lol  - joking aside wouldn't mind Milner but think Klopp wants to tie him down for another year or 2

He is a class player. Ultimate utility man. A poor man's McCulloch. 

I remember him saying he would consider Rangers and he is the exact player we need but canny see it. 

Get the centre back positions fixed, get a new captain and confident holding mid player ( I expect both of those  will be Jack at some stage, and hopefully Gerrard is mentoring him for the part), then Bariic and Tavernier will have the  confidence to cause havoc on both wings. Morelos on form, or a decent targetman/finisher would fit in that scenario too. 

I think having Kent and Hagi in the same team could leave us a bit light weight in the middle against the better teams, Hagi playing the front creative mid is a surety. I  think Kent has the athletic stamina to cover the wing backs too, but he needs to up his game consistently.

Well there you go that would mean three players needed, or others to improve significantly. A really solid centre back, another strong attacking midfielder, and a target/finisher up front. 

Can any of the present players step up to those three positions ? Would save us a lot of money, to maybe spend on a great centre back. 

9 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

He is a class player. Ultimate utility man. A poor man's McCulloch. 

I remember him saying he would consider Rangers and he is the exact player we need but canny see it. 

agree with most of that - not sure if you're joking or not re mcculloch lol

Just now, raging blue 1972 said:

agree with most of that - not sure if you're joking or not re mcculloch lol

Haha mate I fucking hated McCulloch towards the end. But Milner would be the type of player who like McCulloch could fill in anywhere if needed. Imagine if when Barisic and Tab were out last year and you could throw Milner in there.

1 minute ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Haha mate I fucking hated McCulloch towards the end. But Milner would be the type of player who like McCulloch could fill in anywhere if needed. Imagine if when Barisic and Tab were out last year and you could throw Milner in there.

he can play most positions but most importantly knows how to take a penalty.  have never seen him miss one

I know this is a bit of topic but I haven’t received an renewal email or letter for my season ticket getting a bit worried now I’m going to lose my ticket  I’ve tried phoning the ticket office but it’s shut. Can someone help me please 

8 minutes ago, Union said:

I know this is a bit of topic but I haven’t received an renewal email or letter for my season ticket getting a bit worried now I’m going to lose my ticket  I’ve tried phoning the ticket office but it’s shut. Can someone help me please 

Email them mate they responded to me after a few days on that 

13 minutes ago, Union said:

Pm @born a blue nose he works on the ticket line 👍

I'd say sign a Captain, but wouldn't sell Tav.

Become more fluid in our formations.

Stop loaning Liverpool players.

Buy a player who'll bring in controlled aggression in the middle of the park. 

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Good points, and while I have only watched L F against us he certainly has the background to be a great player, I have not idea if the rumours about an interest in him are true. 

10 minutes ago, GabrielTomato said:

I'd say sign a Captain, but wouldn't sell Tav.

Become more fluid in our formations.

Stop loaning Liverpool players.

Buy a player who'll bring in controlled aggression in the middle of the park. 

If we keep barasic I would like to sign a solid rb who doesn't even think of attacking. Have Kent and barasic on the left bombing forward. 

Archived