Out of contract players / furlough

BEE

12 hours ago, BEE said:

From our side yes, just assume he’d be on more at the time.

Nothing dishonest at all, here’s the guidance:

”If you’re on a fixed term contract

If you were on a fixed term contract your employer can re-employ, furlough and claim for you if your contract expired on or after either:

28 February 2020 and an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 28 February 2020

19 March 2020 and an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 19 March 2020

If your fixed term contract has not already expired, your employer can extend or renew it. Your employer can claim for you if an RTI payment submission for you was notified to HMRC on or before 19 March 2020.

If you started and ended the same contract between 28 February 2020 and 19 March 2020 you will not qualify for this scheme. This is not specific to employees on fixed-term contracts, the same would apply to employees on all other contracts.”

My understanding is the majority of clubs are doing it, County are one of the exceptions. I’m not suggesting they offer a year contract etc but I don’t see an issue with extending contracts on a month by month basis in line with the above depending on how the furlough scheme continues.

As far as I know only Falkirk, Dundee  and Raith have done so.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Inigo said:

That's not what we were saying after the match. We were saying he was brilliant. It's only become something to be bitter against him about now that people dislike him. Another way to see it is that if every player played the way he did that night we'd have beat them.

These misses happen. Neil McCann did the same v Galatasaray with equally bad consequences. 

Played left wing back at home to Man Utd when we were really struggling with injuries. He was solid that night.

4 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Pretty sure some chairmen have came out and said they believe legally they’ll be an easy target for clawbacks etc that’s why they didn’t do it. Think it might’ve been Dunfermline 

Didn’t see that, can’t see how given the eligibility criteria.

3 hours ago, plymouthranger said:

I’m sorry but using the furlough scheme to pay footballers who have been earning thousands per week previously is daft, especially when their misses is a millionaire.

Fuck him, if he’s pished all his money away on shite haircuts and cars it’s his fault 

The vast majority will not be in that position though. 

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

As far as I know only Falkirk, Dundee  and Raith have done so.

That’s poor if so, not sure who we’ve let go out youth team but assume they’ll be in the shit.

22 minutes ago, BEE said:

Didn’t see that, can’t see how given the eligibility criteria.

The vast majority will not be in that position though. 

That’s poor if so, not sure who we’ve let go out youth team but assume they’ll be in the shit.

Theres only a couple out of contract (Wilson, McAdams and one or two others) so there won't be many. I can see both sides tbh, especially for smaller clubs. The big risk is that they keep guys on that they intended to release and this continues for months to come. If, say, East Fife decide to keep a boy on just now but don't actually play again until early next year or even next summer, when does it become OK to release them? Especially if furlough is binned in October. Paying full whack to players months after their originally contract expired would be financial suicide and kill clubs. 

5 hours ago, BEE said:

Sure it was on radio she did it, unsure about being a tarrier.

Taking Foster totally out the equation, my point is there will be many players on a few hundred quid above what they’ll get on universal credit who are by no means wealthy. If chairman refuse to do this then they’re absolutely shafting them.

What if these players were players they were trying to move on but they wouldn't move as they were happy to see our their contract? 

Each case is different and I'd base it on what the player had done for the club. 

8 hours ago, esquire8 said:

So he's moaning that players who are out of contract aren't getting them extended automatically?

Sorry but I'm sure that's how a contract works. Onto universal credit you go ye weapon....

laugh-1.gif

Cunts not getting a penny when his Mrs has a couple million in the bank. 

Hearts must be getting hit hard financially due to this relegation.  I’d take Hickey.  Never been that impressed by him personally but he is highly rated.  Seems he can cover both full-back positions as well.

2 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Hickey will end up at the filth. 

Depends what school he went to. And also where he sees himself getting playing time. Both of the old firm clubs have not really helped a lot of younger Scottish players of late. Signing them then loaning them out. Most of them barely seem to play once they are signed. If I was a young player and didn't play for us, i'd consider biding my time until I was sure I was good enough to genuinely challenge for a first team jersey and make the move. At least he knows if he stays there he'll play.  If he looks at us and we are not selling Tav or Barisic he's unlikely to feel he's going to play ahead of them. We'll pay more of course, and the worry is also form falls away and he doesn't get the opportunity again. 

56 minutes ago, DrLaudrup said:

Depends what school he went to. And also where he sees himself getting playing time. Both of the old firm clubs have not really helped a lot of younger Scottish players of late. Signing them then loaning them out. Most of them barely seem to play once they are signed. If I was a young player and didn't play for us, i'd consider biding my time until I was sure I was good enough to genuinely challenge for a first team jersey and make the move. At least he knows if he stays there he'll play.  If he looks at us and we are not selling Tav or Barisic he's unlikely to feel he's going to play ahead of them. We'll pay more of course, and the worry is also form falls away and he doesn't get the opportunity again. 

He was at the scum when younger so likelier than not to be one of them, or leanings that way. Am sure I read the scum have a 30% fee due to them if Hearts sell him, so they could effectively get him nearly a third cheaper than others if they want him.

3 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

He was at the scum when younger so likelier than not to be one of them, or leanings that way. Am sure I read the scum have a 30% fee due to them if Hearts sell him, so they could effectively get him nearly a third cheaper than others if they want him.

There is a report on Newsnow tonight saying he is going to them. Don’t know how accurate it is or whether the deal is done though.

12 hours ago, TMB said:

Hearts must be getting hit hard financially due to this relegation.  I’d take Hickey.  Never been that impressed by him personally but he is highly rated.  Seems he can cover both full-back positions as well.

He is rotten but you think Tav is a God .So at least you are consistent 😄

Archived