Squad options that you would take

8 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Looking at the guys out of contract in the SPFL this summer there are only two I think would be worth signing.

Hladky, who could fill the position as back up perfectly for a season and then perhaps even take over the no1 jersey when Mcgregor hangs up his gloves. Ideal signing for us for free if we could get it done. 

The other is probably a long shot going by his name, O'Donnell the right back from Killie. Nothing spectacular but has been a very consistent performer for them for the last few seasons, knows the league inside out, Scottish International (not that it counts for much these days) and would give us back up in a position we need it. 

Game’s a bogey.

Stephen O’Donnell :lol: 

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the likes of mcpake, Kelly, Middleton and Patterson will become the added squad depth and his focus will be on purely signing quality over quantity.  

If we didn't sell anyone else and this was the squad(with hagi signing permanently) I think he needs a full back, defensive midfielder, right mid/wing/forward and another striker. 

8 hours ago, KBOO72 said:

Looking at the guys out of contract in the SPFL this summer there are only two I think would be worth signing.

Hladky, who could fill the position as back up perfectly for a season and then perhaps even take over the no1 jersey when Mcgregor hangs up his gloves. Ideal signing for us for free if we could get it done. 

The other is probably a long shot going by his name, O'Donnell the right back from Killie. Nothing spectacular but has been a very consistent performer for them for the last few seasons, knows the league inside out, Scottish International (not that it counts for much these days) and would give us back up in a position we need it. 

9A00286A-3A3E-46BC-BB77-5DC7AFA2A9BB.gif

Just now, KBOO72 said:

Ah, didn't know that. Should probably have guessed though, they're fucking everywhere these days. 

Just a youth player though, and for what it’s worth I don’t actually disagree with you. I think he’s okay, international experience now too. Don’t think we should sign him by any means, but he’s a good player for the league.

11 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s shocking mate 

I wouldn't go that far, but if that's your opinion then fair enough. 

Its definitely slim pickings in the SPFL free agent pool this summer though. 

11 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Is there anyone else out there who will improve the standard of squad player we have currently hanging about the club not contributing? 

Our time for signing squad players is well past. 
We have a first team that can easily equate to 8 squad players.  So we’ve already signed them. 
from this point forward, players coming to this club should either walk straight in or make the player in front of him shit himself of loosing his place.  
that’s how you build a winning team, not scurry about looking for more guys to hang about the club like Halliday etc.  

12 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

It’s been said for the past 2 seasons. We do not need squad options, we need 3-4 starting players which makes the current team squad options. 

Our problem is all we’ve signed are fucking squad options 

Literally a squad full of squad options 

Lynden is not a squad option....he would play with Defoe as an alternative when one up front isn’t working....Defoe on his own up front doesn’t work he needs someone to create the space for him. As for Gauld he showed a few years ago that he was good enough for spl. 

3 minutes ago, The Blues said:

Lynden is not a squad option....he would play with Defoe as an alternative when one up front isn’t working....Defoe on his own up front doesn’t work he needs someone to create the space for him. As for Gauld he showed a few years ago that he was good enough for spl. 

That's plenty. 

15 minutes ago, The Blues said:

That the same gauld 2nd div of portugal? No been seen since the dundee utd days??? Cmon mate 😂

Archived