Squad options that you would take

1 minute ago, Sparkle said:

I didn’t  - as that didn’t particularly bother me.  He never disrespected us or tried to rub our faces in it like the rat Allan did. Miller only ever cared about Miller. 

My opinion isn’t dramatic, he’s a two faced rat and taking him back would be an utter kick in the teeth to fans who have had to put up with enough shit in the last few years.  

Not going back to Ibrox because of 1 player is IMO dramatic. Sorry but it absolutely is.

He's pish anyway so I wouldn't worry about it.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wouldn’t sign Scott Allan purely because he’s not good enough. 

we need as others have said 3 solid players who should be in the starting xl, preferably a right winger and centre mid being one off them. Again as others said we need the quality hagi brings. 

4 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Also let's be honest, he played one fucking good pass. He is bang average who has done fuck all consistently at any level. You want us signing a guy who wasn't good enough to get in a celtic team?

A celtic team he had Biton, Rognic, Brown, Forrest, McGregor, Sinclair, Nitcham across that midfield/attacking middle ahead of him. I'm not saying he's a star or anything I'm just saying it's something a bit different he offers to what we've got/had. I don't really give a fuck if we sign him or not tbh - It's a name as an example of what I mean in regards to squad players that might actually offer us something instead of contributing absolutely zero. Give me some suggestions of your own and not let one suggestion take over the discussion and whole thread? 

1 minute ago, LaudrupsPatrickBoots said:

We should never be looking to sign squad players. If they aren't good enough to get into our starting 11 then they aren't good enough to be signed.

That's a fair point tbh.

Just now, British_Empire said:

A celtic team he had Biton, Rognic, Brown, Forrest, McGregor, Sinclair, Nitcham across that midfield/attacking middle ahead of him. I'm not saying he's a star or anything I'm just saying it's something a bit different he offers to what we've got/had. I don't really give a fuck if we sign him or not tbh - It's a name as an example of what I mean in regards to squad players that might actually offer us something instead of contributing absolutely zero. Give me some suggestions of your own and not let one suggestion take over the discussion and whole thread? 

That's a fair point tbh.

You could also argue that even with good players around him he couldn't flourish. Works both ways.

@British_Empire

Your thread is fine BTW.  Squad players are highly important. Walter signed many especially in his second spell who all played key parts. Probably one of our biggest weaknesses in years has been a lack of depth to the squad. First 11 is okay but as soon as someone is injured/suspended we struggle. 

You fucked the OP by mentioning Allen though. Just saying.

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

That's a fair point tbh.

I never started a thread suggesting players,  you did albeit with a might shite player suggested. Our sqaud is bloated with dross like Stewart etc so why bring in more? Especially him.

1 minute ago, Jamie0202 said:

@British_Empire

Your thread is fine BTW.  Squad players are highly important. Walter signed many especially in his second spell who all played key parts. Probably one of our biggest weaknesses in years has been a lack of depth to the squad. First 11 is okay but as soon as someone is injured/suspended we struggle. 

You fucked the OP by mentioning Allen though. Just saying.[/]

I don't agree because the context to the thread is about people who would be squad players but would offer us something, compared to the glut who haven't really featured or offered us anything.

Taking it on a purely talent basis, putting his personality to the side, I think (IMO) he would offer something different. I don't care if we sign him or not, I rate him as a player and think he would offer us something but if there's better options out there even better. 

Just now, Malkytfp1 said:

I never started a thread suggesting players,  you did albeit with a might shite player suggested. Our sqaud is bloated with dross like Stewart etc so why bring in more? Especially him.

I know you never, but it interested you enough to the extent of opening and posting in it about half a dozen times.

OK so you've no suggestions of your own. 

I've said 3 times before this, that I think Allen is the type of player that would offer us something different compared to the likes of Stewart - that's the whole point of the thread. If you just think he's shite fair enough - it's not worth arguing over .... there's plenty players I think are shite myself that others don't agree with. 

Last thing I want is to inflate the squad with more players who offer zero. That's another thing I said right at the start :tu: 

1 minute ago, British_Empire said:

I don't agree because the context to the thread is about people who would be squad players but would offer us something, compared to the glut who haven't really featured or offered us anything.

Taking it on a purely talent basis, putting his personality to the side, I think (IMO) he would offer something different. I don't care if we sign him or not, I rate him as a player and think he would offer us something but if there's better options out there even better. 

I meant in terms of this quote from yourself.

11 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Give me some suggestions of your own and not let one suggestion take over the discussion and whole thread? 

When the OP has a controversial suggestion of signing a player who signed for them at a time we tried to sign him (despite the actual circumstances that Hibs never allowed us to speak to the boy) and on the back of a week when the scum are awarded a title in a boardroom instead of winning it on the park thenthere's always the danger the rest of the thread might focus on that one point.

Like I said it is a good thread as long as people stay on topic but I'd have left that out of the OP. 

2 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

I meant in terms of this quote from yourself.

When the OP has a controversial suggestion of signing a player who signed for them at a time we tried to sign him (despite the actual circumstances that Hibs never allowed us to speak to the boy) and on the back of a week when the scum are awarded a title in a boardroom instead of winning it on the park thenthere's always the danger the rest of the thread might focus on that one point.

Like I said it is a good thread as long as people stay on topic but I'd have left that out of the OP. 

That's no really my fault if he doesn't want to take it for what it's worth within the context of what the threads about. 

I find the reasons for it pretty fucking stupid such as he gave us the middle finger and he played for celtic when them seals were broke donkey's ago.

If he just said he's shite no thanks I wouldn't argue with that

Touched on this on another thread , but the backbone of the team needs strengthened . Souness went out and got Woods , Butcher as CH ,  himself in CM , and months later another hardman, Graham Roberts , before fleshing the team out in ensuing seasons . 

Yes , I know times have changed , but we need to get as close to that as possible . I'd be tempted to spend all , or at least the vast majority of what we have , on either a dominant CH or a battler in midfield , preferably both , and use what we have now as back up .

I say big money because we sometimes spend £2-3 M on players we've rarely heard of , and the collapse in the 2nd half of the season would suggest that we would need to aim higher than previously and go for more known and experienced players with a winning mentality . 

7 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

That's no really my fault if he doesn't want to take it for what it's worth within the context of what the threads about. 

I find the reasons for it pretty fucking stupid such as he gave us the middle finger and he played for celtic when them seals were broke donkey's ago.

🤣 That exactly what I said ffs.

"Also let's be honest, he played one fucking good pass. He is bang average who has done fuck all consistently at any level."

One minute you want him the next minute you're calling him a wee diabetic shite agreeing he isn't good enough. That's 'pretty fucking stupid'.

Liam Polworth far Motherwell had the same number of assists as him last year. Hardly groundbreaking. He has done fuck all in his career.

9 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Fair point mate. I've already said twice and now three times that the thread should be decent. Obviously the same 11 can't play every game so squad players are absolutely key to having a successful season.

Looking at the guys out of contract in the SPFL this summer there are only two I think would be worth signing.

Hladky, who could fill the position as back up perfectly for a season and then perhaps even take over the no1 jersey when Mcgregor hangs up his gloves. Ideal signing for us for free if we could get it done. 

The other is probably a long shot going by his name, O'Donnell the right back from Killie. Nothing spectacular but has been a very consistent performer for them for the last few seasons, knows the league inside out, Scottish International (not that it counts for much these days) and would give us back up in a position we need it. 

2 hours ago, TMB said:

I’d take Hickey as a prospect.  Only if it was for very little money.  As cover for both full-back positions he might be good.

Beyond that, we shouldn’t be signing “squad options”.  We should be signing first-team players that can displace the guys we already have. 

Hickey is going to the filth, at least according to a click bait report I read earlier that said they were signing someone we wanted (turned out to be him)

If only Naismith hadn’t been such a fucker. We could really do with someone like him as an option. 
I have to say, there isn’t a huge pool of talent I. Scotland to choose from sadly.

17 minutes ago, wully said:

What happend to the people that thought Greg Stewart would be a decent option :lol:

Another ridiculous signing by Gerrard . Nobody in the Scottish leagues are going to make our team better...........

9 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

As for signing for them lets be fair to the boy considering he didn't even get the chance to speak to us. Hibs refused to do business with us and it's as simple as that. I was pissed off at the time but from a career point of view he would have been silly not to take celtics money despite supporting us.

He had half a season on his contract then he could have gone anywhere (would have also put him in a better position for demanding higher wages etc ) , I could understand the point if he was gonna be stuck at hibs for years but he wasnt 

Archived