Club decide print is dead

esquire8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, left winger said:

So, no press conference etc with  journalists? Believe that when I see it. 

I think it's more along the lines of giving papers breaking news stories and interviews. Pressers will still happen ofcourse, though possibly a bit more selective in who is allowed in.

7 minutes ago, Born Sinner said:

Hopefully this doesn’t stop H&H being impartial and critical of the club.

Don't think it will, just be used as a news outlet for the club rather than the papers. Sure David knows if he starts becoming a club stooge the fans won't listen and pay up to his Patreon stuff.

3 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When it comes to transfers and new initiatives then this is the way to go.

As i said before, it’ll be interesting to see if these platforms hold the manager, board and their PR pal to account.

Not one paper can hold the manager, board and PR to account more than the fans. From the increased social media replies from the official club I think they are listening more than ever.

19 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Not one paper can hold the manager, board and PR to account more than the fans. From the increased social media replies from the official club I think they are listening more than ever.

We shall see if things don’t go well next year.

36 minutes ago, left winger said:

So, no press conference etc with  journalists? Believe that when I see it. 

Unfortunately I'm sure press conferences are a contracted requirement. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

I'm hoping but this is us having nothing further to do with papers like the sun and the record. A very clear bias in their reporting.  

7 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Unfortunately I'm sure press conferences are a contracted requirement. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.  

I'm hoping but this is us having nothing further to do with papers like the sun and the record. A very clear bias in their reporting.  

Contractual requirement with who though? If it’s something the spfl have us doing then even more reason to cut ties seeing as they pay the majority of journalists we deal with (lawwell, hollicom etc) 

4 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Contractual requirement with who though? If it’s something the spfl have us doing then even more reason to cut ties seeing as they pay the majority of journalists we deal with (lawwell, hollicom etc) 

Just assumed mate it was some kind of contractual obligation to do them. 

If it's not by all means we should cease doing them with the journalists we deal with.

There would be nothing stopping us putting pre match interviews out via in house social media. 

3 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

Just assumed mate it was some kind of contractual obligation to do them. 

If it's not by all means we should cease doing them with the journalists we deal with.

There would be nothing stopping us putting pre match interviews out via in house social media. 

Just wondered if you knew mate, I don’t see why we couldn’t just tell all the rags to fuck off, I’m sure there is pressers that are required - maybe sky, itv etc but surely we don’t need all the other cunts there 

57 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

When it comes to transfers and new initiatives then this is the way to go.

As i said before, it’ll be interesting to see if these platforms hold the manager, board and their PR pal to account.

Indeed. 

I’ve got no time the vast majority of the sports press in this country (a few notable exceptions) but I’m really not sure this is a good approach, outwith signings, fan initiatives etc. 

We’ve already seen a few, lets say, strange posts that have turned out to be horseshit. Particularly around the Ashley legal action that is not a great look at it. 

8 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

Just wondered if you knew mate, I don’t see why we couldn’t just tell all the rags to fuck off, I’m sure there is pressers that are required - maybe sky, itv etc but surely we don’t need all the other cunts there 

When we revoked Speckys press privileges The BBC stopped sending anyone else effectively banning themselves, Perhaps we should do the same with Keech and hopefully the record will adopt the same policy as The BBC.

15 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Indeed. 

I’ve got no time the vast majority of the sports press in this country (a few notable exceptions) but I’m really not sure this is a good approach, outwith signings, fan initiatives etc. 

We’ve already seen a few, lets say, strange posts that have turned out to be horseshit. Particularly around the Ashley legal action that is not a great look at it. 

You also have the 4lads guy getting duped by the main man Bobby Jenkins.

16 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Indeed. 

Yeah I have the same feeling on this. 

There was a comment from one of the blogs a while ago that they would still be critical of the club on things on the pitch and I thought well what about off it?

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Burning bridges all over, becoming a bit of a pariah mentality now. Sadly, I don't think we had any other option in this toxic environment.

Bridge building with the rhags was never going to happen when we hired Traynor. Don't think we ever have built them with that lot. They think they make enough money from the tarriers by slating us day after day.

Print will cease to exist very soon and hopefully the whole clickbait shit won't be far behind it.

Archived