Club decide print is dead

esquire8

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Not a fan of this, for reasons @STEPPS BOY, @eskbankloyal and various others have outlined in the thread

Half the time these cunts can't spell, grammar is terrible, their website / fonts / everything is horrendous to look at etc. This might be small issues to some but all we've heard from the Club recently is about commercial initiatives to grow the club and various attempts to do things professionally and efficiently - this approach contradicts that. 

If they want to go to fan-friendly journalists, they should chuck stuff the way of Jordan Campbell at The Athletic and Bruce Archer at the Express(?).  Both cover fairly and at the same time ensure sufficient challenge and healthy debate is encouraged. 

Pretty sure the guy Jordan is one of the preferred journos now.

3 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Not a fan of this, for reasons @STEPPS BOY, @eskbankloyal and various others have outlined in the thread

Half the time these cunts can't spell, grammar is terrible, their website / fonts / everything is horrendous to look at etc. This might be small issues to some but all we've heard from the Club recently is about commercial initiatives to grow the club and various attempts to do things professionally and efficiently - this approach contradicts that. 

If they want to go to fan-friendly journalists, they should chuck stuff the way of Jordan Campbell at The Athletic and Bruce Archer at the Express(?).  Both cover fairly and at the same time ensure sufficient challenge and healthy debate is encouraged. 

To be fair the Club has given Jordan numerous exclusives. Park's last statement for example. 

I'm similarly cautious, I don't mind transfer news being fed to social media accounts. But outwit that we need to be professional. 

2 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Pretty sure the guy Jordan is one of the preferred journos now.

1 minute ago, GabrielTomato said:

To be fair the Club has given Jordan numerous exclusives. Park's last statement for example. 

I'm similarly cautious, I don't mind transfer news being fed to social media accounts. But outwit that we need to be professional. 

Good, he's a really good journo IMO

4 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

My first reaction is it could compromise free speech and criticism. (Maybe they could use RM for productive feedback and productive critical feedback, or maybe just stick with the Follow Follow for uncensored critical feedback :mutley:)

And am also aware we need to be ultra professional. 

3 hours ago, Bears&Reds said:

Its not just going to be podcasters and bloggers that get the info first it will also be journos that do their job professionally or without bias, for example yesterday Bruce Archer at the Express was given the Hagi story along with Jordan Campbell from the Athletic, i would assume that people like Chris Jack from the Evening Times will also get exclusives, this is long overdue.

Pardon my ignorance but what is The Athletic?   I've never heard of it.

3 hours ago, Dickie1963 said:

It really wouldn't be my first choice but the standard of journalism in scottish sports media is in general desperately poor.

A few such as Gary Ralston break the mould.

I can see no other way forward.

He can be as bad as the rest. He's the guy after Feyenoord that penned an article off his own back basically begging UEFA to hammer us for singing. 

I know you know him, Bad Robot but I'm sorry, I stand by every word. That's a prick that does that. Not to be trusted. 

On another point - if we have preferred journo's who we go to with info, can we not still do that but have them scoop it on their Twitter's etc rather than giving them info to use for their gutter media pay-masters? 

3 hours ago, Paisley Blue Loyal said:

The Bridge Builders are Changing Direction.

Probably building a swing bridge would be the negative opinion, my take is we’ve taken all the bilious  poison we can the, truly disgusting racist treatment of Morelos as “banter” is  a prime example, and we will do it positively our way.

This will not stop the MSM from doing their daily holicom hatchet jobs, but if  Rangers fans only get their news this way hopefully it will hit them financially, and I’d love to think that all MSM will be excluded from Ibrox - which I doubt, but in the future social distancing may make this an entertaining inevitability.

Also, I get people's points about it being unprofessional to totally block out the media (if that's what this is going to be) but think about it, it's well documented that the tabloids are on their arses so this might hopefully mean no Rangers fan ever has a reason to buy their rhags ever again (if they will get their Rangers news on selected other outlets and people online instead) 

Which, in turn, might speed up their ultimate demise. 

I'd celebrate with a few beers over that.

Again, if that's what this is and what it turns out to be.

7 hours ago, British_Empire said:

He can be as bad as the rest. He's the guy after Feyenoord that penned an article off his own back basically begging UEFA to hammer us for singing. 

I know you know him, Bad Robot but I'm sorry, I stand by every word. That's a prick that does that. Not to be trusted. 

Yip, couldn't wait to put the boot in at the first opportunity. 

8 hours ago, psb07158 said:

On that note if anyone hasn't subscribed to The Athletic and wants a 30 day guest pass PM me your email address. I've got a few to give away on it

Great place for football and well written and interesting articles. Jordan Campbell is a very good writer. It's well worth the money if you can afford it.

8 hours ago, JCDBigBear said:

Pardon my ignorance but what is The Athletic?   I've never heard of it.

It's an on line site that does sport particularly football articles. Jordan Campbell writes the Rangers articles. The Athletic has a wide and interesting range of articles. I have found it well worth the money. I would take advantage of some of the deals they have on subscription and then make your mind up if it's for you .

10 hours ago, MisterC said:

I would hope that the biggest and best independent Rangers fan forum would be considered for any scoops that need to be revealed....

Yep, and there's a whole group of non Rangers fans on here too who obsessively crave news from our club too. 

Our ,membership from the unwashed would triple overnight. 

It's all about the Rangers. :UK:

All that means is the Club want you to read their news online from our own source. But the same arseholes will spout the same anti Rangers shite from the same rhags and outlets and a lot will still take the bait from said vermin.

15 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Indeed. 

I’ve got no time the vast majority of the sports press in this country (a few notable exceptions) but I’m really not sure this is a good approach, outwith signings, fan initiatives etc. 

We’ve already seen a few, lets say, strange posts that have turned out to be horseshit. Particularly around the Ashley legal action that is not a great look at it. 

It’s been working well with the mainstream media for the past few years then?  Fuck them. They crave stories about Rangers and what might come out of Ibrox.  They will still write shite about us. As I said , fuck them. 

14 hours ago, British_Empire said:

On another point - if we have preferred journo's who we go to with info, can we not still do that but have them scoop it on their Twitter's etc rather than giving them info to use for their gutter media pay-masters? 

Hear hear 👏🏻 grasses like Campbell can do one. Fucking apologist rat. 

Archived