PL season to restart 19th june

GOAT

Just now, bluenoz said:

I tend to only use Twitter for my work-related stuff. I find it unreliable football-wise. I think I jumped the gun. 

Understatement of the day there :lol:. Best thing I've found with fitba stuff on Twitter is sticking to those I know have a good track record - or that I can properly trace back to a club etc.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So now that today's meeting announces that football is to begin on August 1st, it goes back to the same old question - why was the league terminated so fast?

1) they told us money couldn't be released without final standings - not true

2) people say we can't afford testing and that is why the league ended, yet here we are re-starting in 9 weeks time BCD where testing will have to take place.

On a side note, Alex Rae just said two teams did not vote for the season to end so it was not unanimous. Take that for what it's worth.

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yes. Which is why many have offered pro-rata refunds to fans for the games which will no longer happen.

Rangers' T&Cs say that if the league cancels the games then they are under no obligation to provide a refund.

Ayr United are looking at paying out c£30000 in refunds if everyone takes them up. https://ayrunitedfc.co.uk/club-update-2/

Says trying to do the right thing. Not that they're contractually obliged. Again, I wonder which clubs ST contracts state refunds due if season unfulfilled and whether theres any differentiation to n&v / PPG.

Rangers weren't obliged to refund us anything but have given something. It could well be that other clubs are the same but have like Rangers chosen to gift back (but obv more generously).

53 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

SFA are asking FIFA if they can postpone transfer window which is due to open on June 10th.  Hmm.... Scottish Cup comes to mind.....

and some people actually think the spfl & sfa are different. They are both working for one club and one club only.

Rules 😂 are in place that only the players registered in that cup campaign can play,

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

So Season tickets include games which aren't fulfilled every year? 

To continue your train ticket analogy, if you bought one from Edinburgh to Glasgow but had to get off in Cumbernauld, you'd be entitled to a partial refund. 

They'd actually be likelier to resolve the issue even at their expense, be it by bus or taxi, and get you to edinburgh. That's how proper organisations work 

...and out of sporting integrity the forced us to play a load of games in a short amount of time when we were doing our best to put Scottish Football back on the map in Europe.

"The peculiar thing about this set of events is that nobody is to blame, and especially not the league. In a season that has thrown up an unforeseen set of circumstances - the death of Phil O'Donnell and incredibly bad weather have contributed to postponements - planning has been almost impossible."

Never forget these cunts, it's not just pettiness, it's full blown war

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It's not as simple as just saying it's 'unfulfilled' and would need both parties to agree

Yes. I'd assume all issues would need discussed and resolved, or it would obviously go legal. 

The spfl matter may, definitely should, go legal as all matters even now arent near resolved.

In terms of clubs, alienate your customers and some may not return. Given our fan base, our club can fuck us off we'll still come back, other clubs may need to gift more to have that ST investment made again.

Please sit down before reading the following......

Graham Spiers

"I know this horse has bolted but... Scottish top-flight agrees return to training June 11. Competitive games to start Aug 1. Games could actually start July 9: a 4-week training loop. I still refuse to believe top-flight season 2019-20 could not have been completed from July 9."

6 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it is or it isnt?

Why is it when it comes to detail you go all vague and repeat what you've been told. Dont you seek definitive clarity on such matters?

I dont know if it  is as I've not read all 42 clubs T&Cs. When I've been told the info, I've no reason to doubt it. I'm not sure what clubs who were vehemently opposed to the league being ended, denying them a shot at promotion would have to gain by making it up. Perhaps you could explain what benefits Falkirk have in claiming it if it isn't true? 

15 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

They'd actually be likelier to resolve the issue even at their expense, be it by bus or taxi, and get you to edinburgh. That's how proper organisations work 

So, let's say by making it up to the broadcaster by giving them the naming rights to the league in lieu of what they missed out on? 

On 28/05/2020 at 18:21, British_Empire said:

I've no idea why some Rangers fans wanted the season resumed and celtic to actually win the title ... if we can't get null-and-void (which should have 100% happened) then this is much more preferable as there's always an asterix and question mark next to this title they've been handed not won.

We’d won it with hagi in the team surely 

10 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are Rangers corrupt by agreeing the season couldn't be completed? 

Stop saying something without showing proof. And I don't mean because the spfl said it because we all know they lie, coerce, cheat and corrupt.  Show me a Rangers quote that they said they agreed the season couldn't be complete. 

Aren't  journalist supposed to report accurate information, instead of spreading heresy?

5 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Stop saying something without showing proof. And I don't mean because the spfl said it because we all know they lie, coerce, cheat and corrupt.  Show me a Rangers quote that they said they agreed the season couldn't be complete. 

Aren't  journalist supposed to report accurate information, instead of spreading heresy?

There's nothing which contradicts that information to make me think it is inaccurate. If you can disprove it, feel free.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

There's nothing which contradicts that information to make me think it is inaccurate. If you can disprove it, feel free.

I can't disprove it just like you can't prove it. There are conflicting reports on the vote. Until Rangers say one way or the other, I simply don't know just like you don't unless you believe everything our governing body tells you.

17 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

It’s changed from last night saying we agreed to give them the title to agreeing we couldn’t finish the league 

Just now, bluenoz said:

I can't disprove it just like you can't prove it. There are conflicting reports on the vote. Until Rangers say one way or the other, I simply don't know just like you don't unless you believe everything our governing body tells you.

I've not seen any reports other than the teams were unanimous on agreeing the season couldn't be completed. Who has reported otherwise?

Archived