Sign in to follow this  
GOAT

PL season to restart 19th june

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Youth squads , reserves , signings from amateurs,  tbh it's not really my job to be sorting out clubs problems , 

They should have simply been told when the league was starting back , if they couldn't fulfill games then they forfeit 

So, with no word when leagues will return until Friday at the earliest, clubs were to wait until 24 hours before contracts ended to be told whether the season would be resumed or not? 

3 minutes ago, tannerall said:

We all know which club and authorities were rushing through their pre-determined solution which benefited only one club, rathee than being objective and listening to viable alternatives which would have been fairer to the majority of clubs still involved in winning, promotion and relegation. 

A truly shameful act by the football authorities once again for  the  club who sets the world  standard for shameful acts.

And one that Rangers voted in favour of. 

Just now, The Dude said:

So, with no word when leagues will return until Friday at the earliest, clubs were to wait until 24 hours before contracts ended to be told whether the season would be resumed or not? 

Yes , I'm not saying this is easy for clubs or authorities,  but life and business is shite and uncertain for us all just now , everycunt needs to adapt and adjust to an ever changing scenario 

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

Yes , I'm not saying this is easy for clubs or authorities,  but life and business is shite and uncertain for us all just now , everycunt needs to adapt and adjust to an ever changing scenario 

If every cunt needs to adapt and adjust, why are we pretending like everything should just go on as normal? 

8 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So how do clubs fund these extended deals without income? Most have had to furlough players as they can't afford to pay them without gate money. 

The same way they fund the wage deferrals that get paid months down the line?

ger4life_1872 likes this

So all these Scottish clubs are signing players they can't afford eh, where have I heard that before? "Living out with their means" and all that.

If you can't pay your players, you play a team of youths. If you can't muster that, tough fucking titties.

MoodyBlue1872 likes this

In fairness, the Dude has a point about contracts. In Scotland a lot of contracts terminate at the end of May. Whether that ranked highly in the considerations of the SPFL administrators and leadership team is another matter entirely, but teams would struggle to maintain the same squads without considerable financial assistance, and there's fuck all money to go around.

Obviously the anger and sense of injustice arises from the fact that most Rangers fans have already deduced that the SPFL had no intention of finishing out the season whatsoever. I've said it before, and I'm sure others have as well, that the SPFL finishing early while England and other leagues continued was nailed on from the start. There's no point in them risking a title victory when they could have it handed to them.

The Dude and Blue Avenger like this

7 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

The same way they fund the wage deferrals that get paid months down the line?

By going cap in hand to fans with a membership scheme? 

5 minutes ago, Dado'sMulls said:

So all these Scottish clubs are signing players they can't afford eh, where have I heard that before? "Living out with their means" and all that.

If you can't pay your players, you play a team of youths. If you can't muster that, tough fucking titties.

Like us? 

43 minutes ago, tannerall said:

Well, I never thought I'd care to much about Liverpool winning a league, but when they do it this time they will have my greatest respect, mainly due to the fact they behaved with dignity honour and integrity, and with no complaint or threats,  when they stood to lose a title they had coveted for 30 years. 

And I am sure the majority of decent football fans in this great country of ours would agree.

I have to second this. I've never really felt much love for Liverpool - beyond the fact they come from one of my favourite cities - but they've acted with absolute class and dignity throughout the entire thing as far as I can see. Compare and contrast to other teams. 

A colleague of my Mrs is a massive Liverpool fan and he was gutted at the prospect of missing out, but after a few days he was over it, because it's a fucking pandemic and there are far more important things to worry about. If only that attitude was shared by those who refuse to know what Big Jock knew.

tannerall and Blumhoilann like this

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Are we just ignoring the other English divisions then? 

Not saying it’s a perfect there by any means either but we’re comparing it to this cesspit 

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

By going cap in hand to fans with a membership scheme? 

Going by the numbers so far, doubt that would cover more than one of our highest earners deferrals.

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

We all knew there wouldn't be fans in stadiums for a good while to come. We've not got the luxury of billion-pound TV deals to prop clubs up. They needs fans in the doors to pay wages.

None of which determined we had to be front runners in concluding leagues.

Blumhoilann and Bobby Hume like this

2 hours ago, TEFTONG said:

Shows up how the Taigs used a Pandemic to gain a trophy rather than risk losing it on the pitch. 

Shocking how they have corrupted the game to such an extent that no one will even call them on it. 

If anyone says it publicly they will be rounded on and hounded for daring to mention integrity and fairness. 

Fucking joke.  conspiracy.

Ftfy

29 minutes ago, The Dude said:

So how do clubs fund these extended deals without income? Most have had to furlough players as they can't afford to pay them without gate money. 

Fullfill the tv contract and get the £10 Million then add in additional TV games and money from that. 

Bobby Hume likes this

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

And I think they've got it badly wrong on the Scottish Cup. Not playing it until 2021 is fucking mental.

Why do you reckon that they are so determined to play the Scottish cup to a conclusion, seemingly at all costs?