PL season to restart 19th june

GOAT

14 minutes ago, MacBoyd said:

Brilliant question 

Its the cost of testing argument when it suits. Or paying staff and players with no paying punters at times. Yet both are still unresolved issues in August when abracadabra everything starts again and we just ignore the previous arguments against.

• Replies 494
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, bluenoz said:

So Scotland will be the only pro sport in the world not testing athletes? Sounds about right.

Ive no idea what other leagues will be doing in August with regards testing. 

Is this 'Scotland will be the only...' the same as Scotland will be the only country to end the season early. Or Scotland will be the only country to award titles despite no finishing the season? 

The Dude has got to be the biggest troll on here....even after the title has been handed to the filth he is constantly bamming everyone up to self satisfy his fucking ego....as Williamson said it is fucking cringe 

31 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Except their contracts end in July typically and they have a billion-pound TV deal which means clubs aren't exactly short of a few quid as they play in front of empty stadiums. Playing in empty stadiums here deprives clubs of their single biggest source of income.

Agree with your point on empty stadiums but I suspect that will happen anyway but will be the start of the 20/21 season. I would have preferred to play the end of last season behind closed doors and have a curtailed 20/21 season, for example everyone plays each other twice (22 games) from November but with crowds.  For the record I dont believe we would have caught the bheasts but would still have been the correct thing to do . If mass gatherings are not allowed games played behind closed doors will bring in tv revenue where as not playing at all brings in no revenue but players will still be due their wages.  

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We never knew if tests would be available, let alone the cost of it. There was never any likelihood that football was coming back quickly after it was suspended (as I said on here at the start of March) and there were no reasonable likelihood of getting games done before May 31st. 

There was no feasible solution in April that would have seen us able to play games. 

Once it was suspended, and without testing being available, there was no chance of players being cooped up in hotels and games played quickly - and there was no chance of it getting an exemption to play while the rest of us were locked down. 

Its taken until today for the PL to decide what it was doing, and that's even with all their riches and potential to travel across the world to play in 'secure' locations. Once football was suspended, it was over. 

The three clubs you mention are ones who have kept on all their players who were due to be out of contract. There are around 25-35 clubs using the furlough scheme for players currently. 

Paragraph 1 sums it up perfectly. We never knew. Neither did other nations who held off til things became clearer. There was no need for urgency, you cant unshoot your load if things improve dynamically (seem to be doing so if we think we can overcome issues and play again by aug1).

I'm talking about players coming together now to ready themselves in an isolated and clean lockdown environment and play 8 rounds in 2.5 weeks after a period of pre season. I'm sure folk paid 400k pa could come up with solutions which resolve issues by August slightly sooner if they really wanted to.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Ive no idea what other leagues will be doing in August with regards testing. 

Is this 'Scotland will be the only...' the same as Scotland will be the only country to end the season early. Or Scotland will be the only country to award titles despite no finishing the season? 

Name me another country that finished early that doesn't have law suits? And only one other to my knowledge declared a champion. (France)

Tbh, for you first day back, I think you have made a cunt of it.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Was that Rangers' intention by backing it too?

You know damn fine it was pointless voting no to it after everything that went on....that is a very poor statement and fine well you know it!!

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

Name me another country that finished early that doesn't have law suits? And only one other to my knowledge declared a champion. (France)

Tbh, for you first day back, I think you have made a cunt of it.

Belgium declared a champion. 

I was back yesterday (or maybe the day before) 

5 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

You know damn fine it was pointless voting no to it after everything that went on....that is a very poor statement and fine well you know it!!

Did that stop Rangers from voting against it? 

7 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Paragraph 1 sums it up perfectly. We never knew. Neither did other nations who held off til things became clearer. There was no need for urgency, you cant unshoot your load if things improve dynamically (seem to be doing so if we think we can overcome issues and play again by aug1).

I'm talking about players coming together now to ready themselves in an isolated and clean lockdown environment and play 8 rounds in 2.5 weeks after a period of pre season. I'm sure folk paid 400k pa could come up with solutions which resolve issues by August slightly sooner if they really wanted to.

We also had a tighter Timescale and much less financial muscle. If the issues weren't resolved until August clubs in the Premiership would've seen over 100 players become free agents. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Belgium declared a champion. 

I was back yesterday (or maybe the day before) 

How you can defend the spfl's actions and somehow get away with it astounds me.

and don't say you aren't defending them by giving me the Belgium comparison.

Just now, bluenoz said:

How you can defend the spfl's actions and somehow get away with it astounds me.

and don't say you aren't defending them by giving me the Belgium comparison.

You literally asked which leagues declared a champion. I gave you an answer and that's somehow me defending the SPFL? 😂 

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

We also had a tighter Timescale and much less financial muscle. If the issues weren't resolved until August clubs in the Premiership would've seen over 100 players become free agents. 

I agree, the spfl instinctively and hastily looked at problems and excuses not possibilities and solutions.

Over 100 free agents that could be on short term contracts to keep them in low pay rather than zero pay. Where theres a will theres a way. Where theres not, well, theres not.

27 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Theres literally no mention of testing in that tweet. 

No, but why would Scottish football be different from any other league that has re-started or is about to?

2 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I agree, the spfl instinctively and hastily looked at problems and excuses not possibilities and solutions.

Over 100 free agents that could be on short term contracts to keep them in low pay rather than zero pay. Where theres a will theres a way. Where theres not, well, theres not.

How do clubs pay them without income? 

Just now, DMax399 said:

No, but why would Scottish football be different from any other league that has re-started or is about to?

Because were talking about August restart, and is part of (iirc) the third of four stages of the 'exit strategy' from lockdown etc. What teams are doing today in other countries bears little relevance to August 

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Did that stop Rangers from voting against it? 

Away you go....Rangers voted no to the first resolution and then called them out on everything else.....it was pointless to vote no as they had achieved what they wanted....I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are still trolling...anything else puts you in the ignorant or thick category....I don't think you are thick so you're either trolling or being ignorant 

Because were talking about August restart, and is part of (iirc) the third of four stages of the 'exit strategy' from lockdown etc. What teams are doing today in other countries bears little relevance to August 

Says he who had no problem with playing the Bayer game and the old firm game three days later.

1 minute ago, hammer93 said:

Away you go....Rangers voted no to the first resolution and then called them out on everything else.....it was pointless to vote no as they had achieved what they wanted....I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and say you are still trolling...anything else puts you in the ignorant or thick category....I don't think you are thick so you're either trolling or being ignorant 

So Rangers voted to end the season despite being opposed to ending the season? Guess the board were found wanting after all. 

So Rangers voted to end the season despite being opposed to ending the season? Guess the board were found wanting after all. 

Did Rangers vote to end the season or did you read that in the papers because I've also read two clubs didn't vote for it?

I certainly haven't heard it come directly from Rangers unless I missed something.

Archived