Alfredo Instagram

Assegai

In the current climate I don't see us getting big money for him so I'd rather keep him for another season. 

This coming season I think he will be on fire , no red cards just goals and more goals , he's a precarious  talent who needs a lot of man management hopefully this is the season he repays the fans with 30 plus goals helping us win the title. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Your opinion is not going to be swayed regards Alfredo .Same as mine won't be swayed regards Tav

If Alfredo scores big goals for next season . Brilliant

If he stays and he gives us a full season of goals we will win the league. Doing it until Christmas isn't good enough that's been 3seasons now

Should be the other way round- Gerrard should be sending wee emojis, thankful of the goals he’s scored to allow us a European run through qualifiers out the groups and on. 
Not to mention league and cup.  

Alfredo dug oor Stevie out a hole on more than one occasion that’s for sure. 

folk wanting him gone haven’t a clue about the implications.  
🙏❤️

5 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

If he stays and he gives us a full season of goals we will win the league. Doing it until Christmas isn't good enough that's been 3seasons now

Yeah Kirk .He could still be the hero we all want him to be . Next season is so vital . He will need help though . Not just Defoe . Someone that is clinical and fit enough to deal with the hammer throwers that will take liberties next season .If we though last season was bad . They will kick us all over the pitch , without any punishments

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Imagine he kept his form for another 12weeks after the break

Think it's time he left tbh

Imagine our whole team kept their form you mean.  

you can’t pin our collapse on one player ffs

Just now, KeyserSoze said:

Ok I will let you and Kirk take over the argument . I'm done as it bores the pants of me .

37 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Your opinion is not going to be swayed regards Alfredo .Same as mine won't be swayed regards Tav

If Alfredo scores big goals for next season . Brilliant

I think this raises the question will he be allowed to score big goals next season? 

There's been too many times where the ref/linesmen have interrupted the flow of the game when Alfie has the potential to score and if he does score they rule out his goals.  I can see why he would be unhappy or frustrated about playing in the Scottish league and how it can damage his career. I don't see that he is ungrateful to the chances Rangers have given him, he loves the club and it's fans but I think Stevie will move him on as he seems to care about his players and tries to do what's best for them.  

7 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

Buff is our main forward is the goal scorer we rely on hitting 20+before the turn of the year is great. We need it from January till May also.

Look at boyd done absolutely nothing against the scum but kept scoring big goals to win us tight games.

Goals win you titles 

33 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

Buff is our main forward is the goal scorer we rely on hitting 20+before the turn of the year is great. We need it from January till May also.

Look at boyd done absolutely nothing against the scum but kept scoring big goals to win us tight games.

Goals win you titles 

We can’t gamble next season. We know what Alfie brings and replacing him will be a huge gamble whoever we bring in.  

Best player in the league, I don't understand people wanting him to go. 30 a season strikers aren't exactly easy to come by. Wed been crying out for a real striker since jelavic.

I get the argument he's went off form after Christmas and hasn't scored v the bheasts, he seems to take the flak for our drop in form or bad old firm defeats, maybe because we rely on him too much. Id rather bring in real quality help than get rid and pray we can find someone, cheap, who can replace his goals. 

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

I hope the gaffer has learned the error of his ways from last season .The players he can’t rely on .If he picks his favourites again with the same kind of success .I don’t think I could support him again next season .He has to find a winning formula and quickly 

Agreed, do you remember when Gerrard first came and he seemed ruthless and ready to drop any kind of player who he felt was under-performing?

I remember saying to my mates that this could be a big turnaround from what we'd seen before. We'd seen too many managers stick by players who didn't seem to bring much to the team while other players were sidelined. Even the real Gaffer, Walter, had his favorites which used to piss me off. But, you can't really complain about him too much because he knew how to win.

It wasn't long before Gerrard fell into this trap and tbh I don't see him coming out of it any time soon. Perhaps he should remember that next season his job's on the line, and sticking by your mates will be his downfall.

15 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

We can’t gamble next season. We know what Alfie brings and replacing him will be a huge gamble whoever we bring in.  

Agreed, but if he wants to go and we don't let him then you can bet his performance level will go down.

The best thing we could do is retain him as long as he's up for it, and get the services of at least one new striker.

4 minutes ago, Swally said:

Agreed, but if he wants to go and we don't let him then you can bet his performance level will go down.

The best thing we could do is retain him as long as he's up for it, and get the services of at least one new striker.

I’m sure we’ll try our best to persuade him but we are never going to refuse him if he wants to go

We are not in that position  

2 minutes ago, KeyserSoze said:

I’m sure we’ll try our best to persuade him but we are never going to refuse him if he wants to go

We are not in that position  

Do you have any idea how long he's got on his contract Keyser?

There’s a lot made of fact that he hasn’t scored against the tarriers. Gordon Durie never scored against them , but he was an excellent player for us. I’m hoping he breaks his duck this season against them, but if he played well without scoring and we win , then it won’t really matter. Alfie needs to grow up a wee bit but I’m in no hurry to see the back of him. However, he wasn’t fit enough in the   Second half of the season and was looking overweight. There is no excuse for that and the manager needs to address it. 

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

He did score two perfectly good goals after christmas  that would likely have turned defeats into victories tbf. Even one of them not being unfairly chopped off would have probably kickstarted his season again.

25 minutes ago, josmc said:

There’s a lot made of fact that he hasn’t scored against the tarriers. Gordon Durie never scored against them , but he was an excellent player for us. I’m hoping he breaks his duck this season against them, but if he played well without scoring and we win , then it won’t really matter. Alfie needs to grow up a wee bit but I’m in no hurry to see the back of him. However, he wasn’t fit enough in the   Second half of the season and was looking overweight. There is no excuse for that and the manager needs to address it. 

From what I remember Durie was never used in a system which relied on him being the only striker, he was also more of a supporting forward than a main striker.

Could be talking BS, I was a boy at the time.

30 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

He did score two perfectly good goals after christmas  that would likely have turned defeats into victories tbf. Even one of them not being unfairly chopped off would have probably kickstarted his season again.

His overall performance after Christmas in general was a joke mate. I'll never forget the media campaign that was disgusting but he's the main man for the biggest club in the land. 

Archived