Good Scottish Talent

MacBoyd

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ryan Fraser. James McCarthy. John McGinn.  How many would have said they were good enough for us when they left Scotland?

Fleck, Pukki, would they improve us now?

Ryan Jack, 50k Kamara. Passes or fails?

Tbh too many think we're better or more affluent than we are. Certain players in Scotland would improve us, some would offer better options than we had last season, some are better prospects than we have.

We need to focus on quality, but Ive no doubt our squad and hence at times first team could be improved by spfl signings. But on the whole I'm against it as I want funds spent on real quality. But still think it's wrong to say current spfl players couldn't improve us.

McGinn, Fraser & McCarthy anyone with a brain could have seen they had something about them.

McCarthy left Hamilton incredibly highly rated although he would never have signed for us due to being a fan of the scum.

McGinn’s talent was clear to see he was by far Hibs best player, people denied it on here because he’s a scum fan and out of staunchness to show their hatred of Hibs.

Fraser was also very good from a young age.

Those players were far better than the shite people on this board link us too.

Dont get me wrong we shouldn’t rule out players from Scotland but the only ones who might have the talent for us are probably McKenna, Porteous & maybe Ferguson and they would either be far too over priced or they just wouldn’t sell to us in the first place.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

None of the current bunch are good enough. 

Our midfield is the worst area of the side so why sign another player in Ferguson who is all too similar to ones we already have here. 

He's not . 

4 hours ago, badjon said:

Who are your suggestions? I genuinely don't watch much of any teams outwith when we play them. 

I don't either .

And , in  my experience , limited to who we play against , Ferguson of Aberdeen is the only one in Scotland that stands out . That's not to say  he's creative  , but rather disruptive  , and hard , and that's something we've been missing  . 

I keep mentioning our home grown quota for Europe is a shambles. Last year we had to leave players out of squads due to it being so unbalanced. 

Unless we plan on using the likes of Ross McCrorie, Patterson, Maxwell, Kelly as back ups there is a place for some Scottish signings. 

McGregor, Arfield, Jack, Stewart are only first team players left who meet the criteria and you need 8 in a squad.

10 hours ago, Del said:

Ryan Jack is the obvious example of someone who was decent/good for a club outside us and celtic, that most wouldn't have looked at twice, yet now hes one of our most influential players.

Guys like Novo, Boyd, Miller, McCann (there will be loads more) have all led us to league titles with their performances and at the time werent really fancied by most yet they done the job.

As it happens I agree on the players you have mentioned, but I wouldnt rule others out just because they play in Scotland or because their current team has been beaten by celtic a lot.

Exactly

11 hours ago, SwallowsHisOwnSpunk said:

McGinn, Fraser & McCarthy anyone with a brain could have seen they had something about them.

McCarthy left Hamilton incredibly highly rated although he would never have signed for us due to being a fan of the scum.

McGinn’s talent was clear to see he was by far Hibs best player, people denied it on here because he’s a scum fan and out of staunchness to show their hatred of Hibs.

Fraser was also very good from a young age.

Those players were far better than the shite people on this board link us too.

Dont get me wrong we shouldn’t rule out players from Scotland but the only ones who might have the talent for us are probably McKenna, Porteous & maybe Ferguson and they would either be far too over priced or they just wouldn’t sell to us in the first place.

Ryan Fraser wasnt an obvious one at all...

He played well at the unders age group for Scotland and played a handful of games for Aberdeen but Bournemouth signed him when they were in league one and he got promoted through the leagues. I dont think there were many that forseen how good he would become, in fact Aberdeen and Bournemouth are on record saying exactly that.

McGinn is the same but to a lesser extent as he was always good for Hibs but for me and a lot of others McGeouch was the main man in the their team. Even guys like Stevie Mallan had better stats than McGinn but it didnt work out for either of them down south.

There's no exact science to it obviously and you can never tell who will work out and who wont, but we should be looking at players who are the best in their team/one of the best, have played around 100 senior games at least, unless they show very good potential.

46 minutes ago, the old guard said:

Ferguson and hickey would be good additions imo, although I wouldn't want to give any scottish club millions of pounds, you can bet we'd get quoted funny money just because it's Rangers. 

I think Scottish clubs will have to accept realistic fees even from us in the current climate,  so there could be a couple of good deals to be had,  if next season starts behind closed doors then its very likely to happen if S.G. really wants to buy them? Quick edit. Michael Stewart will not be amused, 

Everybody talks about Ferguson and Hickey as the sort of “stand out” young prospects in the country but Allan Campbell (think he might be one of them though) and Ali McCann are two who are sort of slipping under the radar a bit. Both have played really well this season and could have big futures if they make the right moves.

15 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Ryan Fraser. James McCarthy. John McGinn.  How many would have said they were good enough for us when they left Scotland?

Fleck, Pukki, would they improve us now?

Ryan Jack, 50k Kamara. Passes or fails?

Tbh too many think we're better or more affluent than we are. Certain players in Scotland would improve us, some would offer better options than we had last season, some are better prospects than we have.

We need to focus on quality, but Ive no doubt our squad and hence at times first team could be improved by spfl signings. But on the whole I'm against it as I want funds spent on real quality. But still think it's wrong to say current spfl players couldn't improve us.

Fleck not only improves us, he strolls in to the team and would easily be the best midfielder.

11 hours ago, Fergie_6 said:

He’s hardly rotten fs, needs a chance and a run in the team, had two good loan spells, when given the games. 

Rotten is being kind.

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Everybody talks about Ferguson and Hickey as the sort of “stand out” young prospects in the country but Allan Campbell (think he might be one of them though) and Ali McCann are two who are sort of slipping under the radar a bit. Both have played really well this season and could have big futures if they make the right moves.

Could swear a seen somebody slagging Motherwell singing about Campbell being one of their own when he supports us.

18 hours ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Signing players who coninually get skelped by the filth and have an inferiority complex is not the way forwards.

We have a squad full of those.

17 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

We don't get continuously beat by the filth, we drop points to diddy teams.

My bad,we have a couple of home wins. All is well.

Archived