Barry Fergusons Top 11 (He Played With)

3 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

Not in the Councils , not around the centres , not the pubs  That town used to be a bluenose town in the 70s . They have taken the overspill of taigs from Glasgow and turned it around into a bheastly hovel  . . Almost as ghost town as Paisley and that is saying something

Watch out Larkhall .

I've lived in Hamilton 37 years mate. The auld toon is all them but the schemes are 50/50.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

It may be controversial but on the park he was certainly no Gascoigne and while he had many brilliant games in a Rangers jersey he wasn't a legend IMO. Never will be.

16 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

I suppose he achieved a lot on the park for us but I was never really a fan and neither was my father.

As a player he was tidy at times without really doing too much for me. Backpass Barry eh?

I did like his  wee trademark shift of weight when taking a ball in where he let the ball run across him and turned 180 instead of controlling the ball first time if you know what I mean. Hopefully I've explained that right.

Fuck off man lol

The only way this is even remotely believable that a Rangers fan could hold these views is if your first game was in 2009. But then that doesn't excuse your father.

No cunt could have sat through the 2002 cup final to name but one of dozens of games and come out of it thinking "see that Barry Ferguson, he's neat and tidy at times but that's it".

11 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck off man lol

The only way this is even remotely believable that a Rangers fan could hold these views is if your first game was in 2009. But then that doesn't excuse your father.

No cunt could have sat through the 2002 cup final to name but one of dozens of games and come out of it thinking "see that Barry Ferguson, he's neat and tidy at times but that's it".

Naw you fuck off. I'd have debated with you last night but seriously you're quoting posts that were made at 1 in the morning.

12 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

Fuck off man lol

Thee best alround midfielder in my time, been going to Ibrox since 78.

Lookdown and catching games i had forgotten about reiterates that for me.

Should never been allowed to leave, then should never have been booted out the door, i get it he disobeyed Walter, but if we all knew what we know now, he would be knighted for the 2 finger salute.

Only criticism i have is he sits only just by dipping toes towards our side of the Fence with Media.

18 hours ago, Jamie0202 said:

It may be controversial but on the park he was certainly no Gascoigne and while he had many brilliant games in a Rangers jersey he wasn't a legend IMO. Never will be.

Barry Ferguson  not a legend 😂 fucking hell.

7 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

See a few posts above.

I will however stand by my opinion that I wasn't a massive fan though.

He lifted 15 major honours captained the team to a Uefa cup final and his season   02/03 was one of the best I’ve ever seen from any Rangers player.

21 minutes ago, jjbscotty12 said:

He lifted 15 major honours captained the team to a Uefa cup final and his season   02/03 was one of the best I’ve ever seen from any Rangers player.

It's a strong argument you make but I was already aware of how many trophies he won as I celebrated every one of them. 

It still doesn't change my memory of not being a massive fan of his. I'm not saying he was a bad player, far from it. Obviously a younger Barry would walk in to our current team and while I can see his merits as a player it still doesn't mean I need to be a fan.

I have my reasons why I don't think he's a legend but can't be arsed debating right now. Maybe later at 1 in the morning again as I'm trying my best to make my way back to last night's state to alcoholism...

10 minutes ago, Jamie0202 said:

It's a strong argument you make but I was already aware of how many trophies he won as I celebrated every one of them. 

It still doesn't change my memory of not being a massive fan of his. I'm not saying he was a bad player, far from it. Obviously a younger Barry would walk in to our current team and while I can see his merits as a player it still doesn't mean I need to be a fan.

I have my reasons why I don't think he's a legend but can't be arsed debating right now. Maybe later at 1 in the morning again as I'm trying my best to make my way back to last night's state to alcoholism...

Mate as a boy, he battered England at Wembley, no more than 20 midfielders can claim that in the Dark Blue.

Check YouTube and that will swing your opinion, underrated, underappreciated and never been replaced.

1 hour ago, Jamie0202 said:

See a few posts above.

I will however stand by my opinion that I wasn't a massive fan though.

Maybe you shouldn't drink if that's the pish you spout when you do.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

Jamie's had a bad moment. We've all been there. Let's pretend it ever happened, Jamesey, son. 

Nah we can forget about this thread but it still won't change my opinion on Ferguson. In usual RM form though people are choosing to be selective in what they quote though.

1 minute ago, Mr Soprano said:

The guy captained the club to a treble.

Not a captain :lol: fuckin idiot.

What fucking idiot said Ferguson wasn't a captain? I seen him captain our club for years. What a fucking idiot :lol::lol::lol:

3 hours ago, jjbscotty12 said:

Ricksen wasn't very good  at RB.

I agree ... tin hat on but I think Ricksen has a fonder place in people's hearts because of his tragic story in the end.

He had one good season for us, the Helicopter Sunday one and that was because he was moved into midfield where he honestly stepped right up and took a major amount of responsibility. 

I feel bad even saying that, but it's true.

Archived