Europe's Top 20 Leagues by UEFA coefficient - planned response to coronavirus.

Blue_Devil

Spain - resuming 11 June
England - resuming
Germany - resumed
Italy - resuming 20 June
France - title awarded to PSG
Portugal - resuming tomorrow
Russia - resuming 20 June
Belgium - title awarded
Netherlands - null and void
Ukraine - planned to restart 30 May, delayed
Turkey - resume 12 June
Austria - resume 2 June
Denmark - resumed 28 May
Scotland - title awarded
Czech Republic - Resumed
Cyprus - null and void, no relegation
Greece - resuming 14 June
Switzerland - resuming 8 June
Serbia - resumed
Croatia - resuming 6 June

Only 3 titles awarded. Was there really only 1 option?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I actually seem to be in a minority on this, in that I think we were correct to finish the season. 

Next season just get's messier if not.

What is 100% unacceptable is awarding them a title they've not won (and our clubs refusal to even as much as speak out against it)

3 minutes ago, born a blue nose said:

A still can’t believe they’re playing the cup next year to complete their manky treble 😂

couldn’t make it up 

I heard that fenian cunt Rod Petrie on the radio a few weeks back saying it will cost them 4.5 million if they don't complete it.

Imagine a 4.5 million black hole for them to fund that would be class. 

But let's not kid ourself, if it was £4.50 at stake they'd still be pushing to shoehorn it in.

31 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Spain - resuming 11 June
England - resuming
Germany - resumed
Italy - resuming 20 June
Belgium - title awarded
Turkey - resume 12 June
Austria - resume 2 June
Denmark - resumed 28 May
Scotland - title awarded
Czech Republic - Resumed
Serbia - resumed

Nice to see it broken down 

In Scotland .We knew the very first minute the OF was cancelled .That was their intentions .No other consideration .You just have to laugh at how easy it was for them .Considering they fucked it up 

18 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I actually seem to be in a minority on this, in that I think we were correct to finish the season. 

What is 100% unacceptable is awarding them a title they've not won (and our clubs refusal to even as much as speak out against it)

The beggars probably thought exactly this 

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I heard that fenian cunt Rod Petrie on the radio a few weeks back saying it will cost them 4.5 million if they don't complete it.

Imagine a 4.5 million black hole for them to fund that would be class. 

But let's not kid ourself, if it was £4.50 at stake they'd still be pushing to shoehorn it in.

Was it not 10mill loss for the league games though ? That didn’t bother them too much 

They just cheat their way along don’t they 

Scottish cup to continue, with completely different squads, hmm that's not in the rules.

So bend the rules to suit this, but some rich cunt appears, oh aye the rules state the premiership gets 85%. 

Rules are rules afterall

Edit I know this is not the right thread but the SC was mentioned above 

51 minutes ago, Blue_Devil said:

Spain - resuming 11 June
England - resuming
Germany - resumed
Italy - resuming 20 June
Belgium - title awarded
Turkey - resume 12 June
Austria - resume 2 June
Denmark - resumed 28 May
Scotland - title awarded
Czech Republic - Resumed
Serbia - resumed

Sure I saw talk of France scrapping their decision and trying to restart. Also the Belgians had all played each other twice I'm sure so they at least had some sort of fairness with games played. Stitch up from start to finish.

There were different options if the season couldn't be concluded. 

Only one but that lawell and the cabal were ever going to push and that narrative started from day one. 

Imagine if Scotland did end up being the only league to declare champions. That lot still wouldn't be embarrassed. 

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Scottish cup to continue, with completely different squads, hmm that's not in the rules.

So bend the rules to suit this, but some rich cunt appears, oh aye the rules state the premiership gets 85%. 

Rules are rules afterall

Edit I know this is not the right thread but the SC was mentioned above 

They shouldn’t be allowed to play new signings in it. That’s a good point 

1 minute ago, born a blue nose said:

They shouldn’t be allowed to play new signings in it. That’s a good point 

It's not the new signing that's the problem, its the fact three teams squads will be decimated n the tims will stroll it even more easily.

10 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

It's not the new signing that's the problem, its the fact three teams squads will be decimated n the tims will stroll it even more easily.

Scum are releasing Forster and Gordon though. If Bain got an injury they'd be fucked. They'll just give the other 3 clubs a sweetener to agree to new squads allowed to play.

Hearts should refuse to play given the wrongs of this and the league, but theyll roll over and take the money and a beating by Hivs instead.

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Shhhhhh! How are they meant to get gifted the cup if one fo the other teams beat them if they can't claim that the team fielded ineligible players???

3 hours ago, Blue_Devil said:

Cyprus and Netherlands got it right. If you can't resume = null and void

1 point in it in Cyprus and no points in Holland so different circumstances so you can't really compare

4 hours ago, British_Empire said:

When they called the league, they didnt know if they would get back to playing games this year.

Luckily looks like things will start ( behind closed doors) which supposedly also wasnt an option! Fs!

If we couldnt play football till November/December completing this season should have been the correct decision! And the only decision, otherwise they would have been trying to cram a season in before the Euros next year!

They got lucky!!

8 minutes ago, Nk89 said:

When they called the league, they didnt know if they would get back to playing games this year.

Luckily looks like things will start ( behind closed doors) which supposedly also wasnt an option! Fs!

If we couldnt play football till November/December completing this season should have been the correct decision! And the only decision, otherwise they would have been trying to cram a season in before the Euros next year!

They got lucky!!

I think it was obvious we'd be playing games this year tbh - it's whether it was closed-doors or not was the issue. 

The whole things a big clusterfuck. It was right to end it and draw a line under it.

The prizes being given out and the relegations was 100% wrong.

25 minutes ago, gj923 said:

1 point in it in Cyprus and no points in Holland so different circumstances so you can't really compare

When does the argument change from nothing in it so void, to theres too much in it so call it now regardless of any chance of playing games early summer?

Genuinely interested in views on the tipping point.

4 hours ago, born a blue nose said:

A still can’t believe they’re playing the cup next year to complete their manky treble 😂

couldn’t make it up 

So much for players being out of contract and therefore squads being different. Was that one of the reasons given for not finishing the league programme. 

35 minutes ago, gj923 said:

Yes but the SPFL awarded Raith Rovers League 1 title with a 1 point lead over Falkirk with Raith still to visit Falkirk on last day of season. SPFL would still have awarded "them" the title even if it had been 1 point.

Archived