Rangers Propose League Change (Inc "B Team")

34 minutes ago, GOAT said:

Looks like our club has bent over and accepted the bullshit of the last few months.  I’ve no time for our current board now, let us down again. 

😂😂 not like you to overreact 

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This sounds really well thought out to me.

Also actually a clever way to increase influence by sweetening clubs' attitudes towards us. Looks food for us and lots of others will benefit. 

11 minutes ago, kaiser1041 said:

😂😂 not like you to overreact 

Oh aye it’s an over reaction.  Just a few weeks ago we were going to war with the SPFL, now we’re pandering to them on league reconstruction that saves every club that stood with us apart from us.

Actually a finally decent idea.

We usually loan players out to the lower leagues to get game time, but we have to submit our young guys to the hoof it up the park coaches in those divisions. 

This way we can still get them playing competitive football but making them play the same way they've been coached since the youth teams in the academy.

One of the best initiatives in years IMO.

20 minutes ago, Inigo said:

This sounds really well thought out to me.

Also actually a clever way to increase influence by sweetening clubs' attitudes towards us. Looks food for us and lots of others will benefit. 

I think that the club's will cut off their nose to spite their faces because it's a Rangers proposal.

They hate us more than love their own Clubs.

As long as Rangers win the League then I'm going to be happy. 

As for wanting to try and help or save other Clubs....no fuck that.  

Too many teams imho. Needs a full root and branch clear out. And I can understand posters thinking we have backed down and set ourselves up to be fucked over again. The entire set up is bent to suit the Taigs.

There is every chance I've posted one heap of shite I've just finished a 15 hour shift. 😅

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Actually a finally decent idea.

We usually loan players out to the lower leagues to get game time, but we have to submit our young guys to the hoof it up the park coaches in those divisions. 

This way we can still get them playing competitive football but making them play the same way they've been coached since the youth teams in the academy.

One of the best initiatives in years IMO.

We dont though , teams at that level train twice a week at most , the rest of the time they are at the training ground anyway 

1 hour ago, kaiser1041 said:

We aren’t building bridges or trying to help hearts/lower leagues. We have wanted a B team for a long time and time are using this to try achieve what’s best for Rangers 

it’s big picture thinking 

Unless this big picture thinking can deliver us the title within 52 weeks, it can GTF as far as I’m concerned.

3 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

I think that the club's will cut off their nose to spite their faces because it's a Rangers proposal.

Too many teams imho. Needs a full root and branch clear out. And I can understand posters thinking we have backed down and set ourselves up to be fucked over again. The entire set up is bent to suit the Taigs.

There is every chance I've posted one heap of shite I've just finished a 15 hour shift. 😅

Nah, makes sense.

I dont think we're really the at concerned about trying to save anyone. If it does that it'll be because we see a political benefit to it. Whether it's a good strategy remains to be seen.

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Because we can keep players together as a squad and play with the same tactics as the first team - it makes the transition to the first team easier.

Point I tried to make mate. 

Don't see why thats hard to understand 

Because we can keep players together as a squad and play with the same tactics as the first team - it makes the transition to the first team easier.

In a normal football world it would make perfect sense.

In our peculiar pressure cooker of a goldfish bowl, I can’t see it catching on.

The demand for success will always mean tried & tested is bought in over home grown.

Witness our chance to do it as we came back up the leagues.

16 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

We dont though , teams at that level train twice a week at most , the rest of the time they are at the training ground anyway 

Not in the lower leagues, no. You're right about individual guys in the Championship and league 1, but they train with their loan clubs more than us.

Imagine our own coached guys going through our own training and coaching programs right the way through from the bottom division through to the Premiership. That's exciting for me.

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

If league is extendes should he 18 man. 

Hate playing cunts four times 

I agree mate, and only just read this story, but it is the guaranteed 4 old firm games that TV really want and willing to pay for. 

I am sure you know that anyway but just started typing as if you had not thought of it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Rfc52 said:

If league is extendes should he 18 man. 

Hate playing cunts four times 

As fans many would agree with you but with the need for TV revenues in the modern game that ship has sailed. The Clubs cannot afford the reduction in TV income which would follow a reduction to 2 OF games. 

Club can control their workload, their diet, their recovery and every other aspect of their day to day development. Out on loan, you're at the whim of another manager doing what is best for his club rather than the loan player. 

If they want to try someone in a new position they can't exactly phone the club he is on loan at and demand they play a right winger at left back this week. 

Just now, Pure_Quality said:

Not in the lower leagues, no. You're right about individual guys in the Championship and league 1, but they train with their loan clubs more than us.

Imagine our own coached guys going through our own training and coaching programs right the way through from the bottom division through to the Premiership. That's exciting for me.

I just dont see it mate , hopefully it works out but think we could achieve similar with a partnership with a team for less money 

7 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

I just dont see it mate , hopefully it works out but think we could achieve similar with a partnership with a team for less money 

We might do mate. But it's a better base to bring through our young guys than what we do now IMO.

35 minutes ago, TEFTONG said:

No it’s all pretty spot on 

Just read this story a wee while ago and can definitely see the point of giving the young players much better game experience, but with so much corruption gone on just a few weeks ago, I will need to sleep on this one before making any strong comment either way. :unsure:  

14 minutes ago, HG5 said:

In a normal football world it would make perfect sense.

In our peculiar pressure cooker of a goldfish bowl, I can’t see it catching on.

The demand for success will always mean tried & tested is bought in over home grown.

Witness our chance to do it as we came back up the leagues.

:tu:

Good post mate ...... I can't remember any one of our past Managers ever seriously adopting this approach at this type of bridge between colts and first team .... the percentage has always proven to be too low.

It's not even a valid argument ..... and anyone who says it is has to be crazy as the facts have been there to see forever ....most buy in rather than promote as you say.

The only way any young player gets from colt to first team is .... and always has been .... on his ability alone fuck all else matters.

Your post is spot on and is all the evidence anyone needs to prove this to be the fact of the matter. 

🇬🇧

2 hours ago, ger4life_1872 said:

Honestly what's the big advantage with this over sending players on loan ? 

Maybe good crowds for home B matches? Good practice in our style for promotion to first team, how to deal with abh attempts and the like.

Archived