Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
MorelosRangers

Rangers Propose League Change (Inc "B Team")

Recommended Posts

No from me.

Anything that means more blue pounds getting pumped into Scottish Football to keep it alive will always be a no from me.

I was all for colt teams in the lower leagues, especially at the expense of so called "professional" teams down there, but after what happened and the sheer lack of support for us I'd rather they die off.

Reconstruction won't happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

No from me.

Anything that means more blue pounds getting pumped into Scottish Football to keep it alive will always be a no from me.

I was all for colt teams in the lower leagues, especially at the expense of so called "professional" teams down there, but after what happened and the sheer lack of support for us I'd rather they die off.

Reconstruction won't happen.

Even when it is something that will benefit the club for years to come? Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dude said:

Even when it is something that will benefit the club for years to come? Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

It is but that's the stage I've got to now with the SPFL. Our youth can still progress by working their way up the age groups and then going out on loan. Mulholland has done wonders for our youth setup from where it was before he took over, now we are starting to see some of them players actually getting discussed for 1st team places like McCrorie, Kelly and Patterson. I don't think a colts team playing utter dross teams that still insist on being called "professional" is that beneficial anymore.

Let the SPFL go through the massive cull it needs and then think about a colts team entering it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, esquire8 said:

It is but that's the stage I've got to now with the SPFL. Our youth can still progress by working their way up the age groups and then going out on loan. Mulholland has done wonders for our youth setup from where it was before he took over, now we are starting to see some of them players actually getting discussed for 1st team places like McCrorie, Kelly and Patterson. I don't think a colts team playing utter dross teams that still insist on being called "professional" is that beneficial anymore.

Let the SPFL go through the massive cull it needs and then think about a colts team entering it. 

Playing games with consequence are with much more than playing friendlies against other youth teams. There's not going to be a massive cull unless clubs disappear of their own accord. Nobody is going to vote themselves out the professional game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Playing games with consequence are with much more than playing friendlies against other youth teams. There's not going to be a massive cull unless clubs disappear of their own accord. Nobody is going to vote themselves out the professional game. 

It is and they can play the games with consequences out on loan when they get to a certain age or time in development.

The cull I'm talking about is teams going bust and disappear. Teams that have shite plastic pitches, have hedges for stands, have too many clubs in one place etc etc. Ones that bring our supposed professional league standards right down in the dirt.

Always said our game has 18/20 teams too many. Diddy teams that should be playing in the lower pyramid rather than the top. Get me a two tier league system of 10/12 teams and fill the other places up with colt teams from the big 4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t  this this 14-14-18 has any chance whatsoever of enough support from the smaller clubs most of whom will be against OF ‘B’ teams joining them

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

It is and they can play the games with consequences out on loan when they get to a certain age or time in development.

The cull I'm talking about is teams going bust and disappear. Teams that have shite plastic pitches, have hedges for stands, have too many clubs in one place etc etc. Ones that bring our supposed professional league standards right down in the dirt.

Always said our game has 18/20 teams too many. Diddy teams that should be playing in the lower pyramid rather than the top. Get me a two tier league system of 10/12 teams and fill the other places up with colt teams from the big 4.

These teams aren't likely to disappear though. Its the ones on the fringes of being the 'top' clubs who are toiling. The Accies and Dunfermlines of the world. Brechin and East Fife and Elgin etc should be relatively ok due to them being part-time and many guys only playing for token amounts and having jobs outside of football. The clubs who have guys making their living from football but not making 'serious' money are the ones who will disappear - and that only widens the gulf between the haves and have nots even further.

One of the weirdest things in all this is that (assuming all divisions were allowed to return at the same time, the League Two, the Lowland League and Highland League would probably be best placed to do so as players wages arent really a concern and crowds are so relatively sparse within stadiums that social distancing could be observed without any real issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can barely believe this. Why are we helping the spfl not relegate hearts(and still allow celtic a gifted title)

Pathetic from the board yet again.

ps95v7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Even when it is something that will benefit the club for years to come? Seems a bit like cutting your nose off to spite your face.

Benefit us to what end? No amount of decent young players will help us beat a rigged system. 

Fuck Hearts, get them down and let's hope they die. Hopefully the first of many bastard clubs in this shitehole. 

ps95v7 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, KBOO72 said:

Benefit us to what end? No amount of decent young players will help us beat a rigged system. 

Fuck Hearts, get them down and let's hope they die. Hopefully the first of many bastard clubs in this shitehole. 

Go read Craig Mulholland arguing why we want Colts in the league or Pep Guardiola explaining why B teams are so important for young players coming through in Spain. (Not being cheeky but they make very good arguments for it)

Playing games with consequences in front of paying crowds against guys who will - in some cases - be literally playing for their careers is much different to playing another group of young boys on a public park somewhere in front of your maw and dad.

It lets us have complete control over our young players' development rather than leaving it at the whim of another club to do what we want. Look at the three boys over in America just now. There's a huge level of trust there that OCSC will do everything as professionally as we we expect. From their diet, workload, recovery and even the support network that's provided by the club, having them always at Rangers than being scattered across the country is massive.

There's also a bit more freedom to let players do different things with a Colt team v loan. If you think the young boy at right wing might actually make a better left back, you can spend that time in training working on it and give him game time and manage it properly. Couldn't phone Forfar and ask they move the winger they signed on loan to left-back because we want to see how we does there.

Most countries across Europe have Colts in the league system in soe way or another and it works. Despite Barca B having produced a shit tonne of good players over the years, they never dominate the lower leagues despite having had Messi, Busquests, and one or two others in the same team.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I want Hearts down as it’s the only way these corrupt cunts will see a courtroom so it’s a no from me, simple as that.

Yes the colts being in lower leagues would be beneficial for us but there’s much bigger fish to fry right now 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On paper it sounds ok, but all we are really doing is propping up an already overloaded failed system. 
You really want to improve Scottish Football then have a conversation on getting rid of half the teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

On paper it sounds ok, but all we are really doing is propping up an already overloaded failed system. 
You really want to improve Scottish Football then have a conversation on getting rid of half the teams. 

Starting with the taigs 

Courtyard Bear likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Nah fuck this, we’re effectively offering the SPFL a way out here by not relegating Hearts, let Hearts got down and take the cunts to court 

Bridge building. 

 

We're a fucking joke man.

6superbarry6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

On paper it sounds ok, but all we are really doing is propping up an already overloaded failed system. 
You really want to improve Scottish Football then have a conversation on getting rid of half the teams. 

If we want to improve Scottish football we should be going after the corrupt cunts who run it.

 

Seems we've chucked in the towel in that regard.

BridgeIsBlue likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sket said:

Bridge building. 

 

We're a fucking joke man.

Fucking shambles, wanting to give money to the wee diddy clubs that are happy enough with the tarriers corrupt regime, so out of touch with the majority of fans it’s no real, that speccy poof Robertson needs to get tae fuck 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

May not be the popular opinion on here, but I actually think it’s an excellent proposal which would do a lot of good for those outside the top-tier of Scottish football. 
 

Hope it passes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Fucking shambles, wanting to give money to the wee diddy clubs that are happy enough with the tarriers corrupt regime, so out of touch with the majority of fans it’s no real, that speccy poof Robertson needs to get tae fuck 

Clubs an absolute joke mate. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Bridge building mate 

Fuckin spot one I thought we had got rid of the bridge builders but sadly they are still fkn there under a different disguise 

6superbarry6 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

May not be the popular opinion on here, but I actually think it’s an excellent proposal which would do a lot of good for those outside the top-tier of Scottish football. 
 

Hope it passes.

Right proposal but at 100% the wrong time, no a chance should we be offering these cunts an escape route 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Sket said:

Clubs an absolute joke mate. 

Hopefully these rumoured new investors will see a board shake up, thought we’d finally developed a set of baws then only to give up at the first hurdle, it’s no wonder these tarrrier cunts think they can do as they please 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Not a fan of this purely because we’ll drop 6 points at Tynecastle next season..

 

We could lobby to have it changed back to 2 points for a win that way we only lose 4 points.

STEPPS BOY likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Always laugh at the inability of people to separate points. 

On one hand, we can support a proposal that allows Colt teams, something we’ve wanted for years & those in our football department believe will significantly improve our academy & pathway to first team

which is separate from...

seeing regime change at the leadership of the SPFL which we have also wanted & been trying to achieve for years 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...