Gary Stevens

Nemesis

News coming out of Everton that his young son Jack is going through a Leukemia battle. 

Solid player for us and always gave everything. 

Wishing them the best in this horrible time and I'm sure Gary will learn that 'once a bear always a bear' is very true. 

Just now, Nemesis said:

News coming out of Everton that his young son Jack is going through a Leukemia battle. 

Wishing them the best in this horrible time and I'm sure Gary will learn that 'once a bear always a bear' is very true. 

Horrible for them, all the very best wishes for a full recovery.

GS was a class act for us.

Ah fuck. Best wishes to them. Hope the wee man gas a speedy return to health.

P.s. Gary was a fair bit more than solid. Class fullback. (And occasional CB, as the sheep found out in 91!)

1 hour ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Horrible to hear.

Does he still stay out in Australia? I remember hearing once that he had moved out there.

The GoFundMe story says both Gary and his wife are health professionals in Perth Australia, hope things turn out fine for young Jack.

Just goes to show that, at the end of the day, and for all the praise or abuse we give them, footballers players are just as human as the rest of us, and mainly have the same concerns. 

Hope the wee guy pulls through. 

Like the guy above, saw a friend of mine's wee boy go through this a few years ago. 

Blood transfusions, bone marrow transplants and all sorts of other intense treatments, on someone so young and little (seems to be particular with children this disease) with sometimes no end in sight.

Would not wish it on anyone.

Hopefully things work out for the kid

Gary Stevens...top class right back....£1.2 million for him back in the summer of 88....nearly 30yrs later Man City spanked £50 million on Kyle Walker....I know what one I'd want in my team 

“Solid player?”  The best fucking right back to play for the club in my lifetime.

anyway, wish the wee man all the best fighting this fucking horrible disease.

19 hours ago, Nemesis said:

Take it you never watched him live as he was way above a solid player who gave everything ? 

8 hours ago, GOAT said:

“Solid player?”  The best fucking right back to play for the club in my lifetime.

anyway, wish the wee man all the best fighting this fucking horrible disease.

We never ever replaced Sandy Jardine at right back until Gary Stevens came along👍

2 hours ago, hammer93 said:

We never ever replaced Sandy Jardine at right back until Gary Stevens came along👍

And we’ve not replaced Gary Stevens since.  We nearly did with Hutton, but he had an amazing spell under Walter after his return and we sold him. 

Archived