You’ll struggle to find a player with quicker feet and dribbling ability. Absolute magician.

Thanks for reminding me this is a football forum :lol: 

To be anachronistic, in 96/97 he was a cyborg combination  of Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo. The best and most dangerous all round forward football has ever seen.

I'm not totally convinced that it was simply the injuries that made him adapt his game, I think he also got lazy because he had so many good players supporting him at Real Madrid he became happy just to be a poacher at times.

magic8ball and tm91 like this

I always remember the build up when Man U played Real in 2003. They even done a Pepsi advert for it. Games didn’t disappoint either.

Can remember the day well ,31st May 1997 ,we were down Blackpool for a stag do ,We jumped in a taxi pished ,taxi driver the usual ,what team etc ,He then told us that Rangers had put in a bid for Ronaldo 20m ,we didn’t believe him till we got home and the stories were going about ,

He never took Minty up on his offer due to the cultural differences of Scottish football from what he was used to ,

Would have been the ultimate signing ,At the time he was easily the best in the world ,The pace he had in his early days at PSV and Barca was unreal plus he had the power and accuracy to go with it ,only injury stopped him being the greatest striker ever 

hawkfalcons likes this

Pretty much *the* player of the 90s. He was incredible at Barcelona. It's a testament to how good he was that even after he was broken from injuries he was still capable of being one of the best players in the world shattering World Cup records and becoming a legend at Madrid. With the right luck and discipline he would have and should have dominated world football like Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have.

dummiesoot likes this

On 24/06/2020 at 23:16, Bigsasasfloppyhair said:

Or the SPL

Would be done if he signed for us instead of Inter.

Cant believe we genuinely submitted a bid for this guy.