Mols

The word I use to describe this man is genius, I honestly believe he was.

If you ever watch compilations on youtube with this guy, you see how unpredictable and varied a footballer he was. The types of goals he scored were again varied and his control was incredible. 

That's not even mentioning his turn

May well develop into a Khan bashing thread, despite him performing a perfectly legal challenge as he was entitled to. Just a sad, unfortunate moment.

Ridiculously good before the injury, still very good after.

No idea how he stayed at teams like Utrecht til he was 28 and came to us.

When Mols started playing for us I couldn't believe we had managed to sign him without an English getting there first!!! I thought he was an excellent striker who if he hadn't been injured would have went on to become one of our greatest strikers. Unbelievable turn!!!

30 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Agree with the sentiment regards his ability, but I've never blamed Khan - miles off his line but was going for the ball (and won it)

Just a freak landing. It's a shame. What a talent.

I've always had the same recollection, Kahn went for ball, Mols hurdled and landed awkwardly.

Can't believe we didn't beat Bayern that year in either game. 

2 minutes ago, Henders82 said:

I've always had the same recollection, Kahn went for ball, Mols hurdled and landed awkwardly.

Can't believe we didn't beat Bayern that year in either game. 

Yeah, I'm sure Mols landed awkwardly because he didn't want to injure Kahn. If Mols had been more selfish or a bit of a dick and just planted his foot on Kahn then he wouldn't have done as much damage to himself.

One of the most spectacular starts I've ever seen from any player after joining us. His form up until his injury was genuinely world class, doing it both domestically and in Europe. His injury was tragic and I don't blame Khan, a hard but also iconic player. He was never the same but still went on to have a good career. We were beset by bad luck at times - he would probably have taken us to that next level and like Kuznetzov, Rozental, Thern and others we ended up losing a wonderful player.  

20 minutes ago, Swally said:

Yeah, I'm sure Mols landed awkwardly because he didn't want to injure Kahn. If Mols had been more selfish or a bit of a dick and just planted his foot on Kahn then he wouldn't have done as much damage to himself.

Yes, I said this at the time, he picked up that injury as he tried to avoid coming down on Khan. Terrible 1 in a million type injury sustained avoiding potential injury to a fellow professional. 

When I see the old clips, especially pre injury, I can’t understand why a young player wouldn’t practice these moves. I’m sure it was almost natural for Mols but I think about kids practicing the Cruyff move and other stepovers etc and wonder why none of them ever try to emulate Mols.

6 minutes ago, Colin Traive said:

When I see the old clips, especially pre injury, I can’t understand why a young player wouldn’t practice these moves. I’m sure it was almost natural for Mols but I think about kids practicing the Cruyff move and other stepovers etc and wonder why none of them ever try to emulate Mols.

I dont think many kids, especially in this country,  spend the amount of time with a ball that young lads used to 

He was my first hero when eventually I could use one if our family’s season tickets.

I remember not having a clue what he looked like, and my dad bumping into him at a restaurant. He brought me over and asked me to tell this man who my hero was and I said Michael Mols. My dad then asked me if I knew who this man was, to which I said no... 😂

Michael then stretched out his hand saying hi there I’m Michael Mols. I was so embarrassed but star struck too. Total gent. Still have his autograph from that day. He took time out his meal to ask me what I did and liked etc. Thus the autograph says ‘good luck with your football and PlayStation’.

Some man.

7 minutes ago, Marky. said:

He was my first hero when eventually I could use one if our family’s season tickets.

I remember not having a clue what he looked like, and my dad bumping into him at a restaurant. He brought me over and asked me to tell this man who my hero was and I said Michael Mols. My dad then asked me if I knew who this man was, to which I said no... 😂

Michael then stretched out his hand saying hi there I’m Michael Mols. I was so embarrassed but star struck too. Total gent. Still have his autograph from that day. He took time out his meal to ask me what I did and liked etc. Thus the autograph says ‘good luck with your football and PlayStation’.

Some man.

8A7825A8-7B4C-4E05-B092-4E3EEFF4AEFA.jpeg

25 minutes ago, southcoastbear said:

I dont think many kids, especially in this country,  spend the amount of time with a ball that young lads used to 

You’re right.

I think about the time Beckham spent taking free kicks and practicing crosses long after the others had finished. And probably the hardest worker of them all, Cristiano Ronaldo, still one of the world greats at 35.

Always remember Gary Player answering a question about luck in golf and he said “funny thing is, the more I practice, the luckier I get”

Minute the ball was rolled into him back to goal ,everybody knew what was coming including the defender , nothing they could do about it , they just naturally followed his first movement to the right then he took the ball away to the left , different class 

Archived