Pre-Season Tournament in Lyon

G.E.C.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, j1mgg said:

It's not as if he lamped him, just gave him a brush round the ear.

He need to smarter than that, any contact around the head risks a red. If he's pissing you off shove him in the chest and you'll get a yellow or a warning.

6 hours ago, British_Empire said:

In principle I agree but there’s a time and a place tbh how can there be any negative beating Lyon 2-0 in their own stadium? Squad depth or not.

In general I'm glass half empty and pretty cautious given what we've been thru in the last 8 years, especially the last two under SG.  The importance of is adding quality and depth to the squad is more important than a preseason win for me.

10 hours ago, chris182 said:

If our squad depth doesn't improve we can forget about the league. Horrific

Our first team beat Lyon on on their own patch over 45 minutes. Our 2nd string with a few youngsters and a man down held Lyon to a draw over 45 minutes and with Barker's brilliant set up play (yes that happened) could have scored 2 goals themselves. Not a bad night's work.

That was tongue in cheek as I would also like a bit more depth but to be fair it's probably not as bad as it seems on paper. 

6 minutes ago, badjon said:

Yes try live football on tv it lists all games that are shown plus channel and KO time. I know you are not uk based but it is a great site.

I thought it was a midday kick off but an app was saying 1715... RTV didnt have a time.. 1715 it is... means I can drive the mrs to the airport. If it was midday then shed be on her arse!

On 16/07/2020 at 20:50, Ivybank said:

Have you got a firestick  jim?

Sorry for late response old buddy.  I managed to get it on TV once my daughter arrived back.  She had arranged to get Premier Sport for a month but I didn't have any details.   I haven't been back on RM until now.

Archived