Best goal of all time

Essandoh

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wondered where your name came from. I thought it was your initials, like Eminem, so S and O.

Anyway, the best goal ever is the Roberto Carlos freekick against France.  The distance the ball travels and the and way it curves is just phenomenal. It’s just a pity that it wasn’t a competitive match.

43 minutes ago, BigDak said:

I wondered where your name came from. I thought it was your initials, like Eminem, so S and O.

Anyway, the best goal ever is the Roberto Carlos freekick against France.  The distance the ball travels and the and way it curves is just phenomenal. It’s just a pity that it wasn’t a competitive match.

Have to say that Roberto Carlos free kick is never the greatest goal ever, greatly aided by the modern football being a floaty bastard. Plus hitting a moving ball with such accuracy shits all over hitting a stationary one.

Could certainly argue greatest free kick ever.

Greatest individual goal Maradona v England

Greatest moving ball strike? Unsure, perhaps Zidane at Hampden in the CL final.

Team goal? Us v Borussia Dortmund or Brazil v Italy 1970

17 minutes ago, dummiesoot said:

Have to say that Roberto Carlos free kick is never the greatest goal ever, greatly aided by the modern football being a floaty bastard. Plus hitting a moving ball with such accuracy shits all over hitting a stationary one.

Ronaldo v Pompey > Carlos

Messi v Bilbao > Maradona

Bale v Murderers > Zidane

Wilshere v Norwich > Us/Brazil

7 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Ronaldo v Pompey > Carlos

Messi v Bilbao > Maradona

Bale v Murderers > Zidane

Wilshere v Norwich > Us/Brazil

Agree on these 3

Messi v Bilbao is the best goal scored of all time for me

Wilshere v Norwich is just absolutely stunning football

10 hours ago, dummiesoot said:

I’ll admit, I’m biased as RC was my favourite non-Rangers player when I was growing up. But what a goal though.

Zidane’s CL goal was something else mind you.

14 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Cambiasso's goal v Serbia was tremendous as a team goal.

Really liked watching that era Argentina side. Riquelme, Sorin and Lucho Gonzalez are some of my favourite players.

That's superb :bow:

18 hours ago, McEwan's Lager said:

Cambiasso's goal v Serbia was tremendous as a team goal.

Really liked watching that era Argentina side. Riquelme, Sorin and Lucho Gonzalez are some of my favourite players.

Asked my ma to take me out of school early to watch that game, never happened and missed that goal :( 

Probably not quite the best of all time but Roberto Baggio's goal for Brescia against Juventus has always been a personal favourite of mine. 

The vision and quality of pass from a young Pirlo, the immaculate, genius first touch of Baggio and the fact its against his former team. Just a brilliant goal all round. 

This is the best acrobatic effort I have seen, perfect in my opinion (I know Zlatan's was further out) but for me this was Roy of the Rovers stuff. When I was a kid this was how I would have envisaged scoring the winner in the cup final for Rangers :bow:

6 hours ago, thebluedoo said:

This is the best acrobatic effort I have seen, perfect in my opinion (I know Zlatan's was further out) but for me this was Roy of the Rovers stuff. When I was a kid this was how I would have envisaged scoring the winner in the cup final for Rangers :bow:

I remember watching that goal and although in a bigger stage against a better team, I still think trevor Sinclairs was better IMO.

Archived