Has anyone successfully applied for a refund?

I know two people who lost their jobs due to Covid and both applied to the ticket office by email asking for a refund from last season. Both have been rubber eared without even an acknowledgement.

Is anyone aware of a season ticket holder successfully applying for this yet?

Before anybody starts their uber "I would never do that" pish - that's great, but not everyone is in your financial position. A lot of people have found themselves in trouble money wise because of this.

"Everyone,Anyone" - except the skint?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I know two people who lost their jobs due to Covid and both applied to the ticket office by email asking for a refund from last season. Both have been rubber eared without even an acknowledgement.

Before anybody starts their uber "I would never do that" pish - that's great, but not everyone is in your financial position. A lot of people have found themselves in trouble money wise because of this.

If any person lost there job you can't blame them

15 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Was an email to the TO a valid way of applying? Thought it was a cumbersome process involving printing forms, sending them in, them waiting til July. 

Edit.  From website:

How do I claim a refund for the last 5 games of Season 2019/20 which were cancelled due to the Coronavirus pandemic and lockdown?

A. To claim a refund on the cost of your 2019/20 Season Ticket, an application form should be completed and returned by post to Rangers Ticket Centre, 150 Edmiston Drive, Ibrox Stadium, G51 2XD, by the closing date of Tuesday 30 June. The form, for download and print, can be found HERE. A refund application form must be completed for each individual Season Ticket; multiple use applications will not be accepted.

1 hour ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

They need to print out a form and post it too the ticket office 

Sign of the times that some  fellow Bears are hard up financially. Fighting the Corona virus permiates every single part of our lives. 

It is hard on us all and even harder on those who have lost there jobs or suffered loss of earnings. I feel for fellow Bears who are taking a severe  financial boot in the balls from no fault of their own.

I was born in poverty, have lived from hand to mouth as a kid  and my parents spent most of their lives stressing about paying  bills and how to feed and clothe me and my brothers and sisters, so I know the pain some of my fellow Bears will be feeling. 

If you are in dire financial difficulties just now and paid for your season ticket(s) you are entitled to a partial refund.  Claim it!!!! Doesn't make you less of a Bear, for without your support there wouldn't be a Rangers. 

40 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Would be nice of the club to allow a free TV pass to the unemployed who have had to give up the ticket, sell their physical ticket on of course - but would be good PR. As long as no-one rips the piss out of it, and can genuinely prove it.

That would be hard for the club to implement and the likes of Sky Sports would charge Rangers the full amount.. Good sentiment though, and would be good if they managed to give ex season ticket holders a few free live games on Rangers TV to watch.  

4 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

I don’t think anyone is criticising anyone who’s in money trouble because of the crisis getting a refund, why would they?

59 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Would be nice of the club to allow a free TV pass to the unemployed who have had to give up the ticket, sell their physical ticket on of course - but would be good PR. As long as no-one rips the piss out of it, and can genuinely prove it.

And the award of today’s stupidest post goes to.....

51 minutes ago, Drunk and disorderly. said:

Harsh. Was a good idea imo.

Dissapointed in you this time. The man was making a positive suggestion. He wasn't saying the board was going to do  it Al.

I laughed when he said as long as no one Takes the piss out of it, bet he still believes in the tooth fairy.

16 hours ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Haven't a clue is the answer . Bought my ST and grudgingly paid for the MYGERS that gets slaughtered on here . Only to be in with a chance of cup semis and final .

We are entitled to ask for it though . Like so many on this thread have said already .

Won't stop some utter fanny fucks having a  pop though , making it a personal thing 

Rangers should have given everyone a 'MYGERS' membership for free as a thank you for sticking with the team during these testing times, Rangers could have then offered if you want to keep it then there will be a charge next season.

I was disgusted at the Club squeezing their loyal support for even more money when people have bought season tickets in good faith not even knowing how many games that they would get to see.

16 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Dickie will probably be wrong. Guaranteed actually.

Probably or guaranteed fucksake at least get your criticism right . You are too full of your own importance to be able to make legible comments.

Archived