GabrielTomato

***Official Transfer Rumours Thread***

This olsen character is he the real deal. Always thought he was just a random name from something like football manager and its grown from then

I know nothing of the lad

22 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

46 goals in 89 games, we should be all over him. 

Include the season before that at Leeds though and it's 49 in 138 (Edit: actually 39 in 138)

At Leeds he scored 3, 14 and 15 over 3 seasons, playing roughly 35-50 games a season. And then 26 in 48 in League Two before that which Ivan Toney has better records and in the league above and people don't want to pay the same fee for him.  

I don't know, may very well be wrong there's just something in my head telling me he's good, but not good enough to replace Morelos, and not for the money it would cost. 

Just now, DBBTB said:

Roofe is a decent player but I’m not sure he is as good as what his price tag would be.

He's someone I would be very happy with as a 2nd competition striker for £3m or less. For £5/6m as our main striker I'm not convinced 

6 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Include the season before that at Leeds though and it's 49 in 138

At Leeds he scored 3, 14 and 15 over 3 seasons, playing roughly 35-50 games a season. And then 26 in 48 in League Two before that which Ivan Toney has better records and in the league above and people don't want to pay the same fee for him.  

I don't know, may very well be wrong there's just something in my head telling me he's good, but not good enough to replace Morelos, and not for the money it would cost. 

Talking about Olsen... 

magic8ball likes this

Anderlecht looking to recoup the 6m euro they paid for him last season.

Too much money for poor goal ratio (I know he’s played majority wide) and poor injury record in recent seasons. Anderlecht linked with Moffi to replace him if he goes.

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Talking about Olsen... 

My bad :lol:

I wasn't sure who you were talking about and I added up Roofe's stats and he has 36 in 89 in the last 3 seasons which I actually mis-calculated as 46 in 89 because it's what I was looking for based on your post 

Workmate is a Leeds fan and he used to rave about Roofe especially in the 18/19 season when before he picked up the injury was superb, think he played in various positions in a forward role so his goal scoring stats are probably not the best? Whenever I watched him he looked good, busy, always wanted to be involved so not a typical No 9. He was a fiery little cunt too if I remember correctly.  

Really hope there's something in the Olson link. He's very direct. Reminds me of Arjen Robben.

15-million Euros for Morelos is what? about 12.5-million quid? I wouldn't be selling him for that - unless he was being a prick stompin' his feet and demanding to leave.

I don't see roofe as someone that can get the level of goals needed to win the title.

Think he's more of a Steven naismith type player late runs into the box difficult to mark. 

Still think if we kept him fit he'd get 15+goals but we'd need another striker on top of him

23 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

Anderlecht looking to recoup the 6m euro they paid for him last season.

Too much money for poor goal ratio (I know he’s played majority wide) and poor injury record in recent seasons. Anderlecht linked with Moffi to replace him if he goes.

To be honest I'd rather we signed Moffi instead.  I think he'll become a much better player than Roofe and would cost less.

If we're sticking with 4-3-3 for definite next season it might not be the worst idea to play Roofe on the right. Guaranteed goal throat from the right with Morelos/clinical striker in the centre. 

Probably a better idea just to sign an Olsen/Kerk type natural winger though 

33 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

As has been said on here, don’t underestimate just how much Morelos’ disappearing act before Tynecastle and his complete drop off in form was the last straw for people within the club

Yip.

Just now, Broxi said:

If we're sticking with 4-3-3 for definite next season it might not be the worst idea to play Roofe on the right. Guaranteed goal throat from the right with Morelos/clinical striker in the centre. 

Probably a better idea just to sign an Olsen/Kerk type natural winger though 

Hagi will be on the right mate 

8 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Really hope there's something in the Olson link. He's very direct. Reminds me of Arjen Robben.

15-million Euros for Morelos is what? about 12.5-million quid? I wouldn't be selling him for that - unless he was being a prick stompin' his feet and demanding to leave.

It’s just under £14m at the moment. Exchange rate has fallen a fair bit. 

Just now, born a blue nose said:

Hagi will be on the right mate 

Don't think he will be and he shouldn't be

Him and Aribo played there out of necessity last season because Ojo and Barker were shit. Think there's next to no chance we don't sign a right winger and Hagi and Aribo move back to the middle  

Just now, Broxi said:

Don't think he will be and he shouldn't be

Him and Aribo played there out of necessity last season because Ojo and Barker were shit. Think there's next to no chance we don't sign a right winger and Hagi and Aribo move back to the middle  

Hope you’re right mate 

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

RW we badly need. If true surely means hagi playing through the middle.  

This looks a lot more dangerous:

Morelos or New Striker

Kent       Hagi      Skov Olson 

Laudrup1690 likes this

15 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I don't see roofe as someone that can get the level of goals needed to win the title.

Think he's more of a Steven naismith type player late runs into the box difficult to mark. 

Still think if we kept him fit he'd get 15+goals but we'd need another striker on top of him

His scoring record is pretty good, particularly when you consider the clubs he has played for

KingKirk likes this