GabrielTomato

Transfer Rumours

2 minutes ago, Always Rangers said:

I’d be tempted to cash in Katic. His play style isn’t suited to Rangers. He’s a good siege defender but we maybe need that 4 or 5 times a season. If someone offers £4m or £5m I’d take it.

I wouldn't be entirely against this as I would imagine the ideal would be playing Helander and Goldson, but that decent level of competition is needed. 

I could also see Katic taking another step in his career that saw him move into the bracket of a 7-8 million defender, he is on a decent trajectory. 

Always Rangers likes this

22 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Dolberg moved at 16/17, he only played 50 minutes in the Danish league. His main development was at Ajax under 19s. 

Delaney spent 10 years at the top club in Copenhagen, had European and International experience. Not comparable with this boy.

In 5 years theres 2 maybe 3 examples, as I said there is talent in the league, has been talent in Scotland, just need to be cautious as the standard in Denmark is not great. 

Would take a punt on both, Kerk permanently and Olsen on loan with a view to buy

Sisto and Skov are direct comparisons as same position and near similar age when they moved on. Fischer ended up back in Denmark but wouldn’t surprise me if he ends up elsewhere in summer.

Get what you mean but all signings can be a risk.

42 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

A couple of those you mention only highlight what it is I am saying, 

Hamilton for instance, Rangers dominated the game, they conceded a cheap goal but ultimately that defeat didn't come out of a defensive failing it came on the back of a failure to take chances. If you remove that defensive error from the game, it still doesn't solve why Rangers didn't win the game, you get a draw at home to Hamilton which is still little use to us. I would apply that same logic  to Aberdeen as well, that game should have been dead and buried long before it came down the defense being under pressure, the failure to make and convert chances was more costly than defensive mistakes. 

Across a season teams will lose goals, that does happen, for instance if you remove those goals you have mentioned you are saying Rangers should have only lost about 10 goals last season, even just writing that doesn't look right, you can't be that perfect in defense . The league table shows that when looking at us and them. The goals we concede aren't entirely of pace for a team looking to win a league, the number of goals we score though is a deeper issue in much more urgent need of repair.  The less chances Rangers convert the more they play with fire and leave it to chance they will drop points on the back of a defensive error, the numbers of which Rangers make aren't entirely out of the ordinary over the course of a season. 

We are talking simple long balls over the top which we can’t deal with. Some of our defending last season was an embarrassment.

1 hour ago, Malkytfp1 said:

Not a Transfer rumour, but anyone heard any whispers about investment or new board members? Seen a wee tube on Twitter saying big news coming out tomorrow and a mate who seems to be ITK said he heard something.

Probably a lot of shite.

This nonsense...it will please the posters not happy with the strips next year....soon we could be wearing louis Vuitton strips:whistle:sorry won't let me upload it @gogzy why are we struggling to post pictures & videos like @Rfc52 last night?

Rfc52 likes this

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Our defensive record on the basis of number of goals conceded isn't all that bad.  

I think the way we play and set up, is quite good (in theory) for not losing a lot at the back - but the fact still remains we need an upgrade on a couple at the back if we want to tighten up and stop losing stupid goals. 

Is replacing Tav and Goldson a priority compared to a couple of central midfielders who can take the game by the scruff of the next and contribute to/score goals and/or more options in attack? I'd say no.

But defence and the stupid mistakes is something that needs rectified. 

Unless someone is sold I'm not expecting any major additions to defence this window. 

As you said expect the focus will be strengthening from middle to front. Getting more goals and assists in the side. 

15 minutes ago, Smell the hotdog said:

We are talking simple long balls over the top which we can’t deal with.

Yeah on occasion we are, it happens.  It's not something exclusive to the team of last season, the last time we won the league 10/11 we lost some horrendous goals in comedic fashion, mind Hibs turned up and made us look like we had never played football in our life, mind Samaras goal at New Year..... actually think about it for a second.... how comedy bad that was, the display against Dundee United the arse end of that season was shocking, genuinely shocking  with goals lost in the exact fashion you mention. A season we won the league when you could look at goals and talk about our failure to deal with simple, simple things and that is a team that WON the league. 

The difference then was the ability to find wins and more goals, we scored close to 90 that season to help cover up those mistakes which is why so few reminiscence and recall them but they are there, across a season loads of teams makes loads of shocking defensive mistakes that lead to goals. 

35 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Dolberg moved at 16/17, he only played 50 minutes in the Danish league. His main development was at Ajax under 19s. 

Delaney spent 10 years at the top club in Copenhagen, had European and International experience. Not comparable with this boy.

In 5 years theres 2 maybe 3 examples, as I said there is talent in the league, has been talent in Scotland, just need to be cautious as the standard in Denmark is not great. 

Would take a punt on both, Kerk permanently and Olsen on loan with a view to buy.

Might not be great, but outside our top two they are better overall. Teams like Sønderjyske would absolutely destroy most of the guff in the SPFL. Id go as far and say that Copenhagen would also give both us and them a very good game every time. They have had a terrible season which is mostly down to injuries to their top players and possibly Solbakken having been there for too long now.. he is an old school 442 manager.

16 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Teams like Sønderjyske would absolutely destroy most of the guff in the SPFL. 

Not a chance the 11th best team in Denmark who won 6/26 games would "destroy" teams in SPFL.

We dropped points to these guff sides bar St Mirren and Ross County. Needed a special free kick to win 1-0 at St Mirren. 

Yet here you're claiming a side far weaker than us would wipe the floor with them? 🤣

On 30/06/2020 at 17:52, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a chance the 11th best team in Denmark who won 6/26 games would "destroy" teams in SPFL.

We dropped points to these guff sides bar St Mirren and Ross County. Needed a special free kick to win 1-0 at St Mirren. 

Yet here you're claiming a side far weaker than us would wipe the floor with them? 🤣

I meant to say Nordsjælland, sorry. And they definitely would. I watch these teams every week. 

Incidently... SønderjyskE just won the Cup in Denmark..... :pipe: 

Bluekev likes this

15 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I don't know how we can sit and sneer and be so arrogant against other leagues in Europe when ours is right up there with the worst.

Not a single person is sneering or being arrogant at all!

Danish teams dont fair well in Europe outside Copenhagen.

Ebsjerg went out in their first tie to Belarusian side. Midjtylland and Brondby both humped 7-3 in Q3.

Aberdeen have made Q3 5/6 years. Only time they never was when they lost after ET to Burnley. Apart from last year have did decent in Q3 over two legs recently. Never destroyed. 

Kilmarnock was a disaster but Hibs did decent year before making Q3.

You cant seriously expect them to make group stages, surely?

5 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Not a single person is sneering or being arrogant at all!

Danish teams dont fair well in Europe outside Copenhagen.

Ebsjerg went out in their first tie to Belarusian side. Midjtylland and Brondby both humped 7-3 in Q3.

Aberdeen have made Q3 5/6 years. Only time they never was when the lost after ET to Burnley. Apart from last year have did decent in Q3 over two legs recently. Never destroyed. 

Kilmarnock was a disaster but Hibs did decent year before making Q3.

Q1 and Q2 point is 100% completely inaccurate.

Sneer and arrogant might be the wrong words mate, but we defo look down our nose at other leagues.

The main obstacle for players for us, playing in Scotland is mentality, heart, psychological etc.

Every now and again you will get a good result for a Scottish team. It happens. But it's far from the standard. I could go on Wiki and check our teams records past 20 years and I would bet you my life, the general pattern is the SPL teams getting pumped out from teams in what we consider to be shite leagues - with a handful of exceptions in regards good results i.e Hearts in Bordeaux & Basel .... Aberdeen going close (but still ultimately out) to Burnley etc.

magic8ball likes this

Just now, British_Empire said:

Sneer and arrogant might be the wrong words mate, but we defo look down our nose at other leagues.

The main obstacle for players for us, playing in Scotland is mentality, heart, psychological etc.

Every now and again you will get a good result for a Scottish team. It happens. But it's far from the standard. I could go on Wiki and check our teams records past 20 years and I would be you my life, the general pattern is us getting pumped out from teams in what we consider to be shite likes - with a handful of exceptions in regards good results i.e Hearts in Bordeaux & Basel .... Aberdeen going close (but still ultimately out) to Burnley etc.

Aberdeen etc are weak mate, them getting to Q3 with a low coefficient is a decent result imo.

Outside us and scum im sure the last time a Scottish club played a Danish side was Hibs who lost on pens in 2017 to Brondby?

I think both leagues are very similar in standard and only Us, Scum and Copenhagen do anything in Europe. Rest fall in qualifying bar the odd exception.

5 hours ago, OhW said:

If he has a bad game he deserves to be slated. 

I will give you a whoosh moment,unless you are trying to pun the punner :cheers:

OhW likes this

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

I will give you a whoosh moment,unless you are trying to pun the punner :cheers:

Hmm think I deserve a whoosh tbh 

dummiesoot likes this

1 hour ago, dummiesoot said:

Ah right a roof pun. Fuck sake haha. Sorry. 

dummiesoot likes this

2 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Can't be bothered making a full thread for the story but supposedly Hastie is wanted on loan by Motherwell.

Be a good move for all parties. He was one of their key men so he'll play, chance to develop further in our league, see if he stands out, won't play against us, will play against them. All for it

Hopefully the first of a few to leave asap.

Supersonic likes this

45 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Can't be bothered making a full thread for the story but supposedly Hastie is wanted on loan by Motherwell.

Be a good move for all parties. He was one of their key men so he'll play, chance to develop further in our league, see if he stands out, won't play against us, will play against them. All for it

Happy with this type of loan.

Hope to see Docherty, Barker & Middleton used in a similar way if they can't be used as makeweights for deals.

graeme_4 likes this

44 minutes ago, Broxi said:

Loan him out and get a cut price fee on that lad Turnbull. 

31 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Somebody at the club must be asking Jonathon Johanson if he knows any potential strikers after his last great shout. 

He knows all about mr b.sands but he can’t say too much 

orange&blue92 likes this

3 minutes ago, TamCoopz said:

He knows all about mr b.sands but he can’t say too much 

The guys got the right nutritional coach anyway I heard, it goes a lot in the game these days..

TamCoopz likes this

*This is not a rumour...

@eskbankloyal could the transfer target you spoke of earlier be someone from the Danish supaliga?

Noticed we have a coach joining from FC Nordsjaelland/right to dream Academy.

This club has a lot of right to drea. Graduates like Mohammed Kudus and Issac Atanga who are highly coveted. 

Just a complete stab in the dark...