40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I don't think anyone has any issue with any supporter who needs the money back taking it.  There is no shame in that and we have all been there and I'm happy the club made the decision to offer refunds when our terms and conditions probably didn't require it.

But that has no bearing on the fact that those who left the money with the club have made a sacrifice that has benefited Rangers - that's an objective fact.

so if no one has an issue why are those leaving it and those taking it being treated differently - and as I said peoples financial situation will have a bearing on whether or not they take the refund -  doesn't make them any less loyal - or in MyGers terms 25 points less loyal

1 minute ago, Lord Lockin said:

so if no one has an issue why are those leaving it and those taking it being treated differently - and as I said peoples financial situation will have a bearing on whether or not they take the refund -  doesn't make them any less loyal - or in MyGers terms 25 points less loyal

I've answered that several times now.  You may not like or agree with the answer but I can't keep answering subtle variations of the same question.

49 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I disagree.  The fact there is a global pandemic merely underlines the sacrifice made by those supporters who have left the money with the club purely to benefit Rangers.  Acknowledging that is important imo

You’re missing the point, some fans are being acknowledged more than others. For a situation completely out of everyone’s control. 

15 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

I've answered that several times now.  You may not like or agree with the answer but I can't keep answering subtle variations of the same question.

basically join mygers for your 25 points or shut up?

1 hour ago, The Dude said:

I wouldn't expect someone to be effectively be punished in what we're told is a 'loyalty' scheme for taking a refund they are entitled to.

I've the club wanted to 'reward' those who let them keep their cash, give them a voucher for the megastore or reduced RTV or something. To give them additional points in a scheme designed to reward 'loyalty', it's a slap in the face to anyone who had to put their own finances ahead of leaving money with a fitba club.

It’s not punishment it’s a reward mate. Try look at it from a different angle. Money in bank or points? 

It’s a shite situation and not everyone is going to be happy. 

1 minute ago, Dan Deacon said:

basically join mygers for your 25 points or shut up?

What sort of response u hope to get here. Clearly the Rangers SLO isn't going to to telling any supporter to "shut up" on a public forum ffs dan😁😁😁😁

3 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

It’s not punishment it’s a reward mate. Try look at it from a different angle. Money in bank or points? 

It's not actually money in the bank or points though, it's money in the bank or you take money from your bank and we give you points.

5 minutes ago, ChampionsAgain said:

It’s a shite situation and the club haven’t helped with the 25 points

Just now, Jb85 said:

So i take it there's still no info on how to claim the £25 voucher yet?

There is but you had to go hunting for it yourself. Can't mind who posted it the other day but it was possibly on the club website it states you have to email the ticket office asking for it by the end of the month 

Just now, 5Beckenbauer said:

@Louden_Greg before I commit, are there assurances that this will last longer than a few weeks, unlike the membership package I paid for in 2014?

It's a annual fee mate no long term commitment

If u don't wanna do that wait till the strips etc come out and give the club money that way.

4 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

It's not actually money in the bank or points though, it's money in the bank or you take money from your bank and we give you points.

Eh? Maybe I’m lost with this. 

My understanding was if you never took a refund for last season you’d be rewarded with 25 points and If you did take a refund you would have the cash in the bank and no 25 points? 

@Louden_Greg - completely off topic but seeing as you're active in this thread: will the new website include improvements to ticketing?

Having so many options to buy a season ticket is fantastic but the fact they all seemed to be processed in different ways and that some actively meant not using the ticketing site (hence why folk ended up getting tickets cancelled, waiting for refunds etc) is poor. 

Appreciate the finance options may make that difficult but in this day and age it should really just be a case of logging on to the ticketing site and selecting an option. Similarly, for recurring payments managing it online would be quickest and easiest instead of having to wait to hear from the ticket office at this late stage. I don't doubt it would help folk and also get the money in to the club sooner, in some respects.

Plus, it'll save me having to field calls from my father-in-law explaining how to buy this, click that and what not :lol:

16 minutes ago, Wafflesniffer said:

@Louden_Greg - completely off topic but seeing as you're active in this thread: will the new website include improvements to ticketing?

Having so many options to buy a season ticket is fantastic but the fact they all seemed to be processed in different ways and that some actively meant not using the ticketing site (hence why folk ended up getting tickets cancelled, waiting for refunds etc) is poor. 

Appreciate the finance options may make that difficult but in this day and age it should really just be a case of logging on to the ticketing site and selecting an option. Similarly, for recurring payments managing it online would be quickest and easiest instead of having to wait to hear from the ticket office at this late stage. I don't doubt it would help folk and also get the money in to the club sooner, in some respects.

Plus, it'll save me having to field calls from my father-in-law explaining how to buy this, click that and what not :lol:

new website details will all be revealed soon but your point is fair and we need to integrate the new payment methods better.

11 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

new website details will all be revealed soon but your point is fair and we need to integrate the new payment methods better.

Don’t even think about a fee to access it gaining MYGers points Greg 😂

Just now, Mr Soprano said:

Given the amount of 'stakeholders' complaining on here, Greg, surely you could take these complaints to the club?

@Louden_Greg

I don't think there is anything novel here that hasn't been discussed already - the club made an informed choice to award these points and they believe it was the right one.

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

I don't think there is anything novel here that hasn't been discussed already - the club made an informed choice to award these points and they believe it was the right one.

You said the decision regarding the awarding of points for non application for a refund on STs was made after listening to 'stakeholders'.

We are stakeholders too, and disagree with it.

Why not listen to both sides of the story?

Archived