40K Season Tickets Renewed - Updated.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24/06/2020 at 12:00, Louden_Greg said:

Safe standing is a difficult one - it doesn't bring extra capacity and to implement it in the way that advocates want it would mean dispersing a number of supporters at a time when we have little capability of relocating those fans to other areas of the stadium.

If the club decided to just convert BF1 to safe standing I don't think that would satisfy those who want safe standing implemented.  

6 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Where did i say this?

Just now, ger4life_1872 said:

That says extra capacity not revenue. One of the main arguments put forward by proponents of safe standing is the additional capacity. 

the second point there is very relevant. 

Just now, .Williamson. said:

No worries mate, tell his wife and son they aren't invited though.

Can't have them at all 

I like how you respectfully used Broxi’s full name in your proposal. Not many show such decorum. 

1 minute ago, Louden_Greg said:

That says extra capacity not revenue. One of the main arguments put forward by proponents of safe standing is the additional capacity. 

the second point there is very relevant. 

Yip I'm capable of reading it ,  it's a bullshit answer though and the club arent interested because they cant use it too milk the fans 

Yip I'm capable of reading it ,  it's a bullshit answer though and the club arent interested because they cant use it too milk the fans 

All I see here is someone upset their preferred project isn’t being prioritised by the club. That doesn’t mean you should misrepresent my posts right enough. 

3 minutes ago, ger4life_1872 said:

That's the level of response you deserve when you're clearly at it tbh 

Mate, you are the one looking for a bite about safestanding. 

it would be a good addition but from a practical perspective the thousands of fans we would have to displace with no alternative place to move them to makes it a challenge. Surely that’s not something that is that controversial? I’d like it and have put proposals in but when the club look at options like expanding capacity first I think that’s fair enough 

To make an on topic post before I head off to bed - sales have continued really strongly this week. 

it’s genuinely such a credit to our fanbase that so many supporters have renewed.  I think there will be an official update over the coming days. 

MyGers has had a big bump this week too. 

No one in the world can accuse the fans of not doing our bit so we just need to keep progressing on the pitch and get that silverware the support deserve. 

2 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

Someone got kicked out for signing the billy boys I see. 

I wouldn’t drink in a place that wants Rangers fans to lose there jobs over silly jokes whilst taking there pounds most weeks 

Great job you are doing as liaison to the fans 👍

2 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

it would be a good addition but from a practical perspective the thousands of fans we would have to displace with no alternative place to move them to makes it a challenge. Surely that’s not something that is that controversial? I’d like it and have put proposals in but when the club look at options like expanding capacity first I think that’s fair enough 

I'm really not ,

All weve been told for weeks about Mygers is we listened to the fans , the fans wanted this in place , so why not safe standing? Theres a massive demand for it , imo the reason for that has to be about the club cant make extra money by bringing it in , and yeah theres obv gonna be supporters displaced from their seats that wont be happy but I'm sure solutions could be found 

1 minute ago, kaiser1041 said:

I wouldn’t drink in a place that wants Rangers fans to lose there jobs over silly jokes whilst taking there pounds most weeks 

Great job you are doing as liaison to the fans 👍

Thanks Kaiser. You come across as good guy. Plenty of MyGers points coming your way :)

I'm really not ,

All weve been told for weeks about Mygers is we listened to the fans , the fans wanted this in place , so why not safe standing? Theres a massive demand for it , imo the reason for that has to be about the club cant make extra money by bringing it in , and yeah theres obv gonna be supporters displaced from their seats that wont be happy but I'm sure solutions could be found 

There is a demand for it. But we also have fans in situe throughout the stadium who would have to be displaced to accommodate safe standing properly. As I alluded to preciously converting bf1 would be able to be done imo but if we are going to do it I think it should be on a larger scale. 

currently the hierarchy of the club believe that they should pursue the other options first. That’s their responsibility to make the big calls. 

14 minutes ago, Louden_Greg said:

A better atmosphere should take priority over more seats.

Archived