Connor Goldson

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, King Jela said:

Remember thinking the exact same thing at the time. For all the good there there's a clear brain-fart bad as well. 

Varane, tonight, just shows you that a far higher price tag player does things that Goldson would never ever do. Varane alone lost Real that game.

26 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Varane, tonight, just shows you that a far higher price tag player does things that Goldson would never ever do. Varane alone lost Real that game.

World class centre back, with two monumental fuck ups in high pressure game. The game can get to them all.

Just now, orange&blue92 said:

World class centre back, with two monumental fuck ups in high pressure game. The game can get to them all.

Looked like a donkey tonight, mate. Only two of his minumental fuck ups lead to goals... he made many more. World class? Never EVER! If Goldson makes a stray pass, he gets pelters.. 

29 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

Looked like a donkey tonight, mate. Only two of his minumental fuck ups lead to goals... he made many more. World class? Never EVER! If Goldson makes a stray pass, he gets pelters.. 

If you asked any top ten clubs in the world tomorrow if they would take Rafa Varane into their team, I’d be amazed if any said no to him, the guys world class. It just shows that even the best are vulnerable to a mistake. Two in a game is well out of character, but he will perform for years in and out and go under the rader. It’s the benchmark the lads set. World class, but human mate.

ps nothing on Goldson he’s on form 😉

5 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

If you asked any top ten clubs in the world tomorrow if they would take Rafa Varane into their team, I’d be amazed if any said no to him, the guys world class. It just shows that even the best are vulnerable to a mistake. Two in a game is well out of character, but he will perform for years in and out and go under the rader. It’s the benchmark the lads set. World class, but human mate.

ps nothing on Goldson he’s on form 😉

Thing is.. he didnt just make two mistakes during the game. He was making mistakes left, right and centre. Only the two lead to goals. Thing is.. he didnt have Ramos next to him. The boy was pish - no way around it. 

Hate to say it.. but players like Van Dijk, are World Class. Head and shoulders above Varane, in my opinion.

Also.. Players like Senderos played for "top ten clubs in the World". Doesnt mean they themselves are World Class players.. a lot of the time, they are carried by truly World Class players.

8 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Raphael Varane has four Champions League winners medals and a World Cup winners medal.

He had a bad game last night by all accounts but he’s still a world class player. There is not a single side in the world he doesn’t walk into the starting line up and improve it.

The game this year where Real beat Barcelona 2-0 at the Bernabeau to take the initiative in the title race was the best CB performance of a player I’ve seen this year across any of the top leagues.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Goldson has been our best player since the start of preseason. He looks in great shape and right up for the challenge.

Totally agree. Some have had a good game or two but Goldson has been consistently up there, so far.

6 hours ago, johanhentze said:

That’s because his heed’s shaped like a potato

On 27/06/2020 at 07:52, Jimbeamjunior said:

In Scottish football a 3mill player that isnt consistent is pish tbh

Playing a 9/10 against braga then maybe a 4/10 at home to hamilton is pish, utter pish in all honesty 

Id rather 2 centre halves that guarantee a 7/10, papac (a centre half converted to left back) have us that 90% of his games imo

We won’t win the title with Tav and Goldson in our defence .That is nailed on for me .Its just my opinion though 

8 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

He reminds me so much of how big amo played for us

I would take Amo before any of them .A winner and a contributor with many vital big game goals .Although the big French CH didn’t play well last night .He has the medals and trophies .Hard to argue against that for me 

2 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We won’t win the title with Tav and Goldson in our defence .That is nailed on for me .Its just my opinion though 

The filth have Frimpong and Ajer / Julien. Our two are on par if not better. 

It is our negative, one paced shite bag midfield that costs us. 

30 minutes ago, graeme_4 said:

The filth have Frimpong and Ajer / Julien. Our two are on par if not better. 

It is our negative, one paced shite bag midfield that costs us. 

Your right about our midfield tbf .Hopefully that will be addressed soon ..New players hopefully will come in and provide more attacking creativity .However I feel our defence is no where near good enough ,consistent or solid enough to win us the league .Of course hope I’m talking out my arse .Not enough has changed for me ,so far from last season .

Archived