Lovenkrands leaving

MacBoyd

1 hour ago, KingKirk said:

According to a few on FF he's been leaking info to the press.

Wasn't he just recently promoted

Typical reaction from them mate, let's just wait and see before throwing stones.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wish Lovenkrands all the best. Gave us some big goals and great times. No issues with him either as a person as he's not someone who turned into a de-facto fud like so many others when they leave us and hit the papers, airwaves etc sucking Scottish football/celtic's cock.

My only issue is why all these coaching jobs below the first team seem to just get handed out to ex-players. I'd rather we never done that and actually went about getting the best coach for each position available. 

56 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I wish Lovenkrands all the best. Gave us some big goals and great times. No issues with him either as a person as he's not someone who turned into a de-facto fud like so many others when they leave us and hit the papers, airwaves etc sucking Scottish football/celtic's cock.

My only issue is why all these coaching jobs below the first team seem to just get handed out to ex-players. I'd rather we never done that and actually went about getting the best coach for each position available. 

It’s the same at most clubs. We only have two who are former players at the moment out of 12-15 positions across the first and second team. 

13 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

It’s the same at most clubs. We only have two who are former players at the moment out of 12-15 positions across the first and second team. 

Aye but below the first team it happens quite a lot. I suppose it's not the end of the world, it's just a minor gripe. A club our size should be the best person for each job, in recent years you can't tell me that Stephen Wright, Cleland, Dawson, John Brown, Durrant, Durie, Thomson, Vignal, Lovenkrands, Steven Smith etc are all the best picks on coaching merit for all these positions - kids, youths, reserves, ladies. 

Maybe it's just a moan for the sake of it but I don't like the mindset.

6 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Aye but below the first team it happens quite a lot. I suppose it's not the end of the world, it's just a minor gripe. A club our size should be the best person for each job, in recent years you can't tell me that Stephen Wright, Cleland, Dawson, John Brown, Durrant, Durie, Thomson, Vignal, Lovenkrands, Steven Smith etc are all the best picks on coaching merit for all these positions - kids, youths, reserves, ladies. 

I hear you but I’ve literally no idea if any of those are good enough tbh, but every club does this. Old players go back for their first coaching jobs, know the club, can tell the youngsters all about etc etc. 

Don’t think it’s a problem at all to have a blend, it’s certainly not a case of every position being filled by ex players 👍🏻

17 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Thomson’s different class mate, I’ve no  idea about the rest 

2 minutes ago, Cedrick said:

Thomson’s different class mate, I’ve no  idea about the rest 

I believe you. Always liked him, found him intelligent and someone I reckon that's capable of being a good coach - but used his name in amongst the others to make the list as comprehensive from the top of my head as I could. There's more ex-players I've missed tho.

2 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

I believe you. Always liked him, found him intelligent and someone I reckon that's capable of being a good coach - but used his name in amongst the others to make the list as comprehensive from the top of my head as I could. There's more ex-players I've missed tho.

Aye I’m a bit sceptical about it myself 

2 hours ago, STEPPS BOY said:

I never get why there is a rush to besmirch players who’ve done brilliantly for us.

He was hardly brilliant for us. Yeah he had a magnificent record against the tarriers but the majority of his time here he wasn’t great. Did a good for us but brilliant is a strong word.

Never knew there was an issue when our previous youth team coaches came and went.

9 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Ross Wilson has said the restructure of the Rangers Academy is now complete. 🤷‍♂️

Who is it mate? Who replaced Vignal at the women's team and who replaced Lovenkrands?

I'm gonna assume all is not quite right, especially where Lovenkrands sits not sure about Vignal. He probably thinks he had bid his time and should have had Culshaw's job. Football has always been about "job for the boys' and the gaffer always brings in his own right-hand man. There probably isn't a story here other than Peter saw the writing on the wall.

Archived