Banners Installed Outside Ibrox

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

So it doesn't look good? Surely spending money on something attached to the building should be aesthetically pleasing rather than just inoffensive?

Not one poster has said it looks even near good.

It looks alright. Decent banner that's fairly good looking as far as banners go. Same as the ones that used to be higher up on that stand. Given that it's going on a stand that just looks alright too, I don't see the issue. Works quite well where it's been placed. Isn't anything like as obtrusive or ugly as being made out. Certainly isn't worth the drama.

I don't have issues with spending money on advertising banners, if it's felt to be needed.

2 minutes ago, Inigo said:

It looks alright. Decent banner that's fairly good looking as far as banners go. Same as the ones that used to be higher up on that stand. Given that it's going on a stand that just looks alright too, I don't see the issue. Works quite well where it's been placed. Isn't anything like as obtrusive or ugly as being made out. Certainly isn't worth the drama.

I don't have issues with spending money on advertising banners, if it's felt to be needed.

Spend the money on billboards and leave the stadium alone fs  

No need at all to be putting shite like this on the stadium 

3 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Spend the money on billboards and leave the stadium alone fs  

No need at all to be putting shite like this on the stadium 

I don't think it's shite though, so why would I have a problem? As long as it's decent looking, I don't have an issue with a few banners or adverts adorning the stadium. 

They should have took down the Rangers for everyone and anyone poster from the billboard outside the sandy jardine coz that’s a lot of shite , it’s for whoever can continually pay oot , and put the new advert there 

11 minutes ago, Inigo said:

I don't think it's shite though, so why would I have a problem? As long as it's decent looking, I don't have an issue with a few banners or adverts adorning the stadium. 

I didn’t say you should have a problem with it, each to their own 

Where do you stop with these banners though. We used to rip the rattlers for covering their midden in tacky banners, we’re  doing exactly the same now.

Just now, Tiger Shaw said:

I didn’t say you should have a problem with it, each to their own 

Where do you stop with these banners though. We used to rip the rattlers for covering their midden in tacky banners, we’re  doing exactly the same now.

You stop when it starts looking ORT and shite. The 3 stands have never looked anything but functional anyway, so a banner here and there is no issue.

1 minute ago, Inigo said:

You stop when it starts looking ORT and shite. The 3 stands have never looked anything but functional anyway, so a banner here and there is no issue.

What about when they covered the glass stairways with big banners did you think that was sound? 

While in an ideal world we wouldn't need or want these, we need to raise our profile as a club and if these help to do this then fine, it's about marketing the club.  We have lost ground on others over the last 10 years so increasing our profile is good and if it reminds others we are The Rangers and this is Ibrox then all the better IMO.

Just now, BallochBear said:

While in an ideal world we wouldn't need or want these, we need to raise our profile as a club and if these help to do this then fine, it's about marketing the club.  We have lost ground on others over the last 10 years so increasing our profile is good and if it reminds others we are The Rangers and this is Ibrox then all the better IMO.

Fs You think these banners on the stadium are raising our profile 😆

Get them on billboards all across the city and further afield if you want to do that. 

5 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

What about when they covered the glass stairways with big banners did you think that was sound? 

Nope. It's different adding something to a listed, 1930s, architecturally renowned stand of arguably world importance. Really struggle to add anything that doesn't detract from that. Which those banners did.

Archived