Kirk Pretends Tav Can Play For Scotland...

KingKirk

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

This year our skipper is eligible to be called up to Scotland squads what's the chances for the play offs in October.

I'd have thought if he was eligible this season then the chances of him being eligible in october are pretty high 😁

No chance. He’ll know that he’d be abused every game. As if he’d volunteer himself, as an English Rangers captain, to play at Hampden in front of tens of thousands of anglophobes that despise everything he represents at this stage in his career.

4 minutes ago, tm91 said:

Yep, was about to post this. He's not eligible because of the Home Nations agreements:

The criteria for eligibility to represent a home nation is:

A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

So unless he has a hidden Scottish granny somewhere, he's not eligible. It's the same rules that stopped Amoruso and Novo.

Ffs

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

Yep, was about to post this. He's not eligible because of the Home Nations agreements:

The criteria for eligibility to represent a home nation is:

A Player who, under the terms of art. 5, is eligible to represent more than one Association on account of his nationality, may play in an international match for one of these Associations only if, in addition to having the relevant nationality, he fulfils at least one of the following conditions:

a) He was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

b) His biological mother or biological father was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

c) One of his biological grandparents was born on the territory of the relevant Association;

d) He has engaged in a minimum of five years education under the age of 18 within the territory of the relevant association.

So unless he has a hidden Scottish granny somewhere, he's not eligible. It's the same rules that stopped Amoruso and Novo.

I agree but I’m sure Maik Taylor has zero Northern Irish heritage and used the passport rule I may be wrong though 

Archived