Katic Injured - 9 Months Out?

GOAT

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gutted for the big guy. Came back to training looking like a fucking tank and could've been a much greater asset this season. Surely itll be a loan deal we will be looking for our a short term contract. Would hate to think we would buy someone to replace him in the long term.

6 minutes ago, MayboleLoyal_atb said:

Money for a CH now be taken from other positions you would think 🤮

I'd risk it and go with the 3 we have plus SB and RM as 4th choice back ups.  Get by until January, take stock then. Tbh Goldson and Helander were likely to be the 2 starters. Folk need to step the fuck up, and what limited money we have is still needed for starters elsewhere in the team.

Just now, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

I'd risk it and go with the 3 we have plus SB and RM as 4th choice back ups.  Get by until January. Tbh Goldson and Helander were likely to be the 2 starters. Folk need to step the fuck up, and what limited money we have is still needed for starters elsewhere in the team.

Probably more likely a season long loan.

Hopefully a CH with experience.

Assume we’ll try bring someone in on loan, maybe an EPL player who doesn’t make their Teams EPL squad.

That being said, between Bassey, McCrorie & Mayo they should be ok to cover as a 4th CB. 

Gutted for Katic hope he comes back stronger than ever 

No confident in our backs up being  

mayo - a 18 yr old wirh zero first team expierance

bassey - a natural left back fitting in to another position whos another unkown quantity

mcrorie - mainly a Centre mid. Whos recent shafted playing RB. 

3 minutes ago, eskbankloyal said:

Assume we’ll try bring someone in on loan, maybe an EPL player who doesn’t make their Teams EPL squad.

That being said, between Bassey, McCrorie & Mayo they should be ok to cover as a 4th CB. 

Gutted for Katic hope he comes back stronger than ever 

God help us if one of them 3 are getting guided into the game alongside Goldson.

Totally agree an experienced not needed EPL CB would be ideal.

6 minutes ago, 6superbarry6 said:

Defo need another cb then, what about Kipre from Wigan could be going cheap 

Somebody who’s judgement of players I trust 100% said he’s been the most in form centre half in the championship recently and that he’s come on loads since he was up here. If we could get him cheap due to their current circumstances I would take him but I’m not sure if Jack would be too happy about playing with him.

If finances are limited for the key areas we want to improve (RW, CM, ST) then maybe we should just use Bassey/McCrorie as the cover. How often did Edmundson play last season? And even when we did it was more throwing him a bone rather than out of necessity. Can probably still get by. However, might be a good excuse to go buy a commanding CB who will be first choice. All depends on what players are available

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Somebody who’s judgement of players I trust 100% said he’s been the most in form centre half in the championship recently and that he’s come on loads since he was up here. If we could get him cheap due to their current circumstances I would take him but I’m not sure if Jack would be too happy about playing with him.

Not a chance he comes back up here, he's 23 and he's wanted by prem teams.

Archived