Katic Injured - 9 Months Out?

GOAT

• Replies 320
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Anybody suggested John Souttar yet? If we are suggesting players who would have been good for us about three years ago then surely his name should be there too? :britney:

Too slow, we really need somebody with a bit of pace as both Goldson and Helander have none 

Gutted for the big man I was quite a fan of his but I honestly don’t think Gerrard will feel bothered u get the sense he’s not his cup of tea but I don’t think we’re desperate in the CB area it’ll obviously be Goldson & Helander as our main pairing and we’ve got good cover in Edmundson & I’m sure Bassey can play CB could maybe see a loan or some sort towards the end of the window 

7 minutes ago, MARK92GERS said:

Gutted for the big man I was quite a fan of his but I honestly don’t think Gerrard will feel bothered u get the sense he’s not his cup of tea but I don’t think we’re desperate in the CB area it’ll obviously be Goldson & Helander as our main pairing and we’ve got good cover in Edmundson & I’m sure Bassey can play CB could maybe see a loan or some sort towards the end of the window 

Edmundson looked decent against Braga constantly heading crosses clear looked poor in domestic games 

10 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Genuinely? Because that would be hilarious considering his comments on Murty playing him there.

You might be right mate.:lol:

I assumed because he was playing RB Gerrard he said he thought playing him Centre Back was his best position, but might have been Centre mid now you say that...

Surely I can't be the only one that even before the news on Katic that we should be looking to sign better in that department....the amount of points we lost last season to woeful defensive errors is still a cause for concern 

34 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

Surely I can't be the only one that even before the news on Katic that we should be looking to sign better in that department....the amount of points we lost last season to woeful defensive errors is still a cause for concern 

For 89 against 19.

For 54 against 19.

Fuck all to do with the defence. We lost to Hamilton at home after a defensive error cost us a goal but what no one seems willing to face is that our front 3 and forward thinking CMs squandered nearly 30 chances of varying types in that match. That just about sums it up.

Squandering another 3 or 4 million on a CB is going to seriously impact our ability to sign MF, wingers or tens that can turn that for 54 into for 80-90. 

1 hour ago, Getstiffed said:

For 89 against 19.

For 54 against 19.

Fuck all to do with the defence. We lost to Hamilton at home after a defensive error cost us a goal but what no one seems willing to face is that our front 3 and forward thinking CMs squandered nearly 30 chances of varying types in that match. That just about sums it up.

Squandering another 3 or 4 million on a CB is going to seriously impact our ability to sign MF, wingers or tens that can turn that for 54 into for 80-90. 

Nobody is saying that certain games we missed chances....but I will reiterate an old point 1-0 gets you 3 pts the same as 4-0, our problem was that defensive mistakes ensured that we couldn't grind1-0 wins out,  dropping points became aplenty on the back of mistakes....I certainly don't have faith in our current centre backs to eradicate last seasons errors 

2 hours ago, Getstiffed said:

For 89 against 19.

For 54 against 19.

The likes of hamilton at home isnt even a proper defensive error either, that mistake is easily rectified in that goldson doesn't try it again, proper defensive errors like not marking a runner in the box, not picking up the strikers movement etc we actually dont do that much if at all

6 hours ago, hammer93 said:

No other positions need money spent on way before c.b 

Archived