New Ready Crest and brand evolution

Bydo

Dear God, how can anyone kick up a fuss about some relatively minor changes to the crest?      It makes the Club name more prominent than the old crest.  Now Rangers is at the top, 12 o'clock high instead of starting upside down at 7 o'clock.    We haven't crossed a historical  Rangers Rubicon with this.  We have   far more important things to worry about.

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 minutes ago, TheBluebells said:

I'm happy we are making moves to modernise things, especially the website as that was a joke, it's good to see us making moves in that sense. 

Absolutely agree with everyone that winning again matters the most and that all this means fuck all in comparison but let's hope they happen alongside each other. 

I agree. The two are almost different issues. After the Ashley debacle and 2012, it is extremely important we work on the brand worldwide. I think we are doing a phenomenal job at that. Just need the gaffer to deliver now..

As a graphic designer I disagree with some of their design decisions. The font is a bit silly, everything is squashed in. I like that Rangers is dead centre now but for me it's not been executed well enough. I've looked at it a few times today and I still don't like it much. Maybe I will tomorrow or next week.

16 hours ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Cunts moaning about people moaning is doing my head in tbh 🤣

Saying you think the old badge looks better then the new one isn’t fucking moaning it’s giving an opinion fs 

Hope the irony of you moaning about people moaning about the moaning isn’t lost... :lol: 

See all this ‘need to worry about what’s happening on the park’ chat, it’s so naive. 

Gerrard and Wilson aren’t sitting there with Microsoft paint doing it, or paying for it out of the football budget. 

Marketing, website, logo, brand, commercials, hospitality, match day experience are all sadly lacking - need to bring them up to speed to maximise revenue streams, which benefits us on the park for years to come. 

No point on the marketing guy sitting on his arse for 12 months until we see if we win the league. 

19 hours ago, Moody Blue Legend said:

Need to press the space bar once more, CLUB is too close.

Then the first and last letters wouldn’t line up with the adjacent white lines.

Make the font slightly smaller and boom,  two birds killed with the one stone.

Now,  where is my £20k rebranding fee? 🤣

99% of posters on here wouldn't give a fuck if we'd just lifted the title. The point being we'd rather see progress on the park than our own fucking font which is just ridiculous. 

The past few months it seems everything the club is just pushing more fans away from backing the board. After all this extensive consultation we've been told has happened I've yet to see an overwhelming majority agree with anything the club has done since March. Yet we're told this is what supporters want...

19 hours ago, Leeds_Bear said:

@Louden_Greg - can you provide any insight into the consultation? Perhaps, number of fans involved, location and which supporters clubs?

MyGers or the brand evolution?

MyGers would have had about 150-190 fans in various focus groups always advertised on the club website.  Plus I think it was almost 10k who responded to the fan survey.  Ibrox and in Belfast were the locations. I’m not naming the RSCs but included majority A+ clubs but a few smaller ones too who applied. 

Brand evolution had 2 specific focus groups that met with Stadion before Braga at home (also advertised on the website). 

Marketing also met with a Range of fans when they were doing a sort of Marketing Audit. 

5 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

99% of posters on here wouldn't give a fuck if we'd just lifted the title. The point being we'd rather see progress on the park than our own fucking font which is just ridiculous. 

The past few months it seems everything the club is just pushing more fans away from backing the board. After all this extensive consultation we've been told has happened I've yet to see an overwhelming majority agree with anything the club has done since March. Yet we're told this is what supporters want...

Majority are fine with the rebrand. I feared a wave of messages on it and it’s not appeared . 

far more positive than negative responses 

1 hour ago, G.E.C. said:

85F0AE6E-C732-4456-A3F3-EA12001C9641.png

Now, THAT is a bit wanky!

EDIT: and what’s the odds on someone digging out another club which has had their own typeface before us?

EDIT x2: I did, see upcoming post

14 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

There’s no football or transfer activity so why can’t both co-exist?  

It’s not like the digital media team take the training or anything 

56 minutes ago, G.E.C. said:

85F0AE6E-C732-4456-A3F3-EA12001C9641.png

Yep, first in the world AND only two days after Barcelona announced  their own typeface!!!

Fucking embarrassing claim.

I found this by googling ‘football club with unique typeface’.

Surely someone cunt should  have had the brains to do the same before telling the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1265974/barca-showcase-their-own-typography-fc-barcelona-play/amp

4 minutes ago, beararse said:

Yep, first in the world AND only two days after Barcelona announced  their own typeface!!!

Fucking embarrassing claim.

I found this by googling ‘football club with unique typeface’.

Surely someone cunt should  have had the brains to do the same before telling the world.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fcbarcelona.com/en/news/1265974/barca-showcase-their-own-typography-fc-barcelona-play/amp

Now this is why having the fan media as your media outlet is sometimes not a good idea. Only been a few months of it and theres been false fact after false fact.

Just now, esquire8 said:

Now this is why having the fan media as your media outlet is sometimes not a good idea. Only been a few months of it and theres been false fact after false fact.

Yep.

I’m not sure who this Seafarer chap is or his connection with Rangers but I’m guessing he didn’t just come up with this claim on his own.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

Yep.

I’m not sure who this Seafarer chap is or his connection with Rangers but I’m guessing he didn’t just come up with this claim on his own.

Or got the official club pictures that aren't posted anywhere else. Club acting like some sort of propaganda machine lately.

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

MyGers or the brand evolution?

MyGers would have had about 150-190 fans in various focus groups always advertised on the club website.  Plus I think it was almost 10k who responded to the fan survey.  Ibrox and in Belfast were the locations. I’m not naming the RSCs but included majority A+ clubs but a few smaller ones too who applied. 

Brand evolution had 2 specific focus groups that met with Stadion before Braga at home (also advertised on the website). 

Marketing also met with a Range of fans when they were doing a sort of Marketing Audit. 

Thread is about the brand evolution, but interesting to know the sample size for MyGers - 10k! 

How many fans in total were consulted on the brand evolution do you know?

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Thread is about the brand evolution, but interesting to know the sample size for MyGers - 10k! 

How many fans in total were consulted on the brand evolution do you know?

MyGers was referenced in the quoted posts. 

Not a figure I have.  I was involved in a subset which was probably around 30 individual fans from various supporter backgrounds so that is was a decent spread.

Archived