New Ready Crest and brand evolution

Bydo

1 hour ago, Louden_Greg said:

MyGers or the brand evolution?

MyGers would have had about 150-190 fans in various focus groups always advertised on the club website.  Plus I think it was almost 10k who responded to the fan survey.  Ibrox and in Belfast were the locations. I’m not naming the RSCs but included majority A+ clubs but a few smaller ones too who applied. 

Brand evolution had 2 specific focus groups that met with Stadion before Braga at home (also advertised on the website). 

Marketing also met with a Range of fans when they were doing a sort of Marketing Audit. 

Why? Surely if the club are satisfied with the consultation process this wouldn’t be an issue? 

I think this kind of thing is where a lot of the ‘fans divided’ stuff comes from. Always seems like there’s a clique group of fans who are treated differently to others. Could put money on who they are. 

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, pcbear said:

And we will be dressed smart as fuck.

Yeah, I'm having a total rethink and I now believe Struth's philosophy has been holding us back. 

We have been so blind.

Get rid of ugly fucks like Goldson etc and just employ the best looking players.

If we're going to lose let's lose as the best dressed, best looking squad on the planet.

I want Gerrard out, and John Hamm to replace him. I don't think Hamm even knows what football is, but it doesn't matter as long as he wears a well tailored suit. Let's face it, he'll probably be as effective as Gerrard is anyway. 

Best site, best badge, best font, lol, best shirt, best looking squad and players. Photoshop Ibrox in all media coverage because they're clearly not willing to spend any money on maintaining it, but we can fake it looking amazing, use laser beams dotted around the city to seek out and beam the crest onto people's foreheads as they're passing by 

PartialUnitedAlaskanmalamute-small.gif

...or we can stop our bleating and do the talking on the park?

Fucking world leader in font :lol:

22 hours ago, Bydo said:

Did nobody on here spot these last night??

DFCB96F0-F9F7-4C5B-85DE-0BA5B771B8BD.jpeg

4B868D5F-20BC-48BB-8D48-6563F58C2514.jpeg

15C4643A-793B-4B0C-9BBC-BC5F1BCA1C2D.jpeg

BC8A476C-F5BC-4396-9E1B-48C0531E28E5.jpeg

How long before some SNP/Groin Brigade/BLM twat starts complaining about offensive images being beamed onto public buildings in the City?

37 minutes ago, Jakes Pal said:

How long before some SNP/Groin Brigade/BLM twat starts complaining about offensive images being beamed onto public buildings in the City?

It looks fake to me, might be wrong, but especially the Clydeport Crane with all the holes in it... and the height of the projection... and the fake looking light beam effect.

Maybe some of them were fake, some of them were real?

30 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Over thinking hat on. Is all this rebranding and modernising just that, or is it maybe a prelude to something bigger happening behind the scenes....potential investment/new owners? 

Did wonder that myself. Doesn’t seem like something that would be driven by the current regime, but then again....

Or perhaps Castore have had a hand in it....to align with their brand conscious-ness. 

20 hours ago, Ace said:

Logos & crests evolve all the time, not only across football.

Look at Juventus, Barcelona & Bayern

The latter, in particular 1938-45, kind of needed to.

Its not uncommon & the alteration to ours isn't particularly radical.

The fact it's not the only change in our branding, colour schemes, fonts (designed exclusively for RFC use), motifs etc along with the launch of our newly designed website which includes all the new branding.

A fresh design to portray a fresh approach from the club, a message to all our stakeholders, current & future, that the club has changed its approach.

20200708_162657.jpg

20200708_162700.jpg

20200708_162711.jpg

Great post.

Albeit, not keen on the new 'JJ' - Juventus badge. 

54 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Over thinking hat on. Is all this rebranding and modernising just that, or is it maybe a prelude to something bigger happening behind the scenes....potential investment/new owners? 

Let’s be honest. We’re pushing the new era digital world because it’s not the 80’s anymore. Investors want to see a digital footprint and progressive social media influence to ensure their investment/brand is part of that and seen by the masses 

it’s a very important part to attract the correct investment partners. 

On 08/07/2020 at 12:21, Dan Deacon said:

For comparison

20200708_122106.thumb.jpg.7fcccc320f6006e433b3c3ce4e0ed253.jpg

Left feels more solid and consistent. I think what bugs me about the new one is the font difference in sizing. But as someone noted above: change happens - it's good to adapt to the times. I just think it feels slightly amateur... almost there, but not quite.

On that note: New website is atrocious. The menu bar at top :lol: 

In saying that the Juventus website (as an example) is equally shite.

They design them for mobile experience these days, not for desktop. That's how it feels anyway.

1 minute ago, TheFamousPigeon said:

Left feels more solid and consistent. I think what bugs me about the new one is the font difference in sizing. But as someone noted above: change happens - it's good to adapt to the times. I just think it feels slightly amateur... almost there, but not quite.

On that note: New website is atrocious. The menu bar at top :lol: 

In saying that the Juventus website (as an example) is equally shite.

They design them for mobile experience these days, not for desktop. That's how it feels anyway.

Definitely the case

4 hours ago, graeme_4 said:

Why? Surely if the club are satisfied with the consultation process this wouldn’t be an issue? 

I think this kind of thing is where a lot of the ‘fans divided’ stuff comes from. Always seems like there’s a clique group of fans who are treated differently to others. Could put money on who they are. 

I never asked for their permission to share that they were part of the consultation so I'm not in a position to reveal who took part.  

For fan engagement I always try and get a randomised selection to avoid such accusations as much as possible.  We have such a broad fan-base that of course not everyone will always agree with the decisions the club make.

2 hours ago, LegendofCoop said:

Personally I thought the re-brand could be due to MA still holding the trademark for the original.

Probably a load of shite 

Archived