New Ready Crest and brand evolution

Bydo

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Changing our badge, for the sake of it, is about certain folk (in my eyes) trying to drag us through stupid transformations for the sake of it.

You might think it's a stupid transformation (I personally don't, I quite like it) but your point was the new badge made the club unrecognisable. It doesn't, and it's obvious it doesn't.

2 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

You might think it's a stupid transformation (I personally don't, I quite like it) but your point was the new badge made the club unrecognisable. It doesn't, and it's obvious it doesn't.

you keep missing the point. I'm not saying the new badge, in isolation does. It's just the fact that it's change for the sake of it and the latest in a very long line of things. It's about a bigger picture.

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

I'm not saying the new badge, in isolation does

Whether you're saying it in isolation, or as part of your wider issues, is irrelevant. The new club crest does not make our club unrecognisable. Saying it does is just silly.

30 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

you keep missing the point. I'm not saying the new badge, in isolation does. It's just the fact that it's change for the sake of it and the latest in a very long line of things. It's about a bigger picture.

So ok. 

mr investor says “ok Rangers can you explain to me your digital platform. Please include figures regarding website hits, global reach and innovation. This is important as we need our brand exposed as wide as possible “

Rangers - “ erm canni sorry “

mr investor “ come back for my investment when you can answer my questions because we rely on this kind of brand exposure “

Rangers  - (penny drops)

3 hours ago, SuperTav said:

Prefer it with 'Ready' removed...

(fire in the hole)

RFC Badge.jpg

Happy for you pal 

I think we should remove football club and just have Rangers Ready that would be cool and take us into the digital era like a modern forward thinking club 

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Happy for you pal 

I think we should remove football club and just have Rangers Ready that would be cool and take us into the digital era like a modern forward thinking club 

Some proper 360-degree innovative thinking right there.

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

mr investor says “ok Rangers can you explain to me your digital platform. Please include figures regarding website hits, global reach and innovation. This is important as we need our brand exposed as wide as possible “

Rangers - “ erm canni sorry “

mr investor “ come back for my investment when you can answer my questions because we rely on this kind of brand exposure “

If the investor is the kind of rich fuckmuppet that thinks a five minute logo change, and a powerpoint presentation of website hits is some kind of digital implementation worthy of investment........well, I would welcome that fool's money with open arms. 

On the other hand, it might be a signal that there are existing fuckmuppets closer to home, and that it's the club right now paying good money to Umbraco developers to write this.

On 08/07/2020 at 15:43, BridgeIsBlue said:

What's to be positive about? Seriously? 

I honestly don't like the direction the club is going in and I really fear for us going forward if we don't get our act together next season. 

Reading posts on here like 10IAR isn't real or won't matter depresses the fucking life out of me to see what has happened to this support over the last ten year. 

Daft websites and unnecessary changes to the identity of the club and tackity booty plastic banners covering Ibrox means absolutely fuck all in the grand scheme of things. 

It's been the same fucking groundhog day shite for about 10 years now. 10 years of us failing to achieve what we should be easily capable of achieving. We keep saying we're the same club and and we are but at the same time we're not. We are one of the richest clubs and biggest supported Club in the country and we still struggle and drop points to diddy teams 

Can't win the league can't win the cups can't beat celtic, what have we got to be happy about.

I'd have preferred utter silence from the club and for us to actually just do our talking on the pitch, all this talk of branding is pish, people arent going to grow up supporting because they have a cool badge or strip or a great brand, they're going to support Rangers cause their Dad or Uncle or big brother took them to Ibrox and they hear the fans in full voice and see what it's all about, and the thing that's going to bring more dad's and uncles and brothers to the games isnt a fucking brand it's Rangers being a successful club and doing what the fans know we should and could be doing.

I'm not angry about a new badge or that but I'd prefer the Club was focused on one thing and one thing alone

41 minutes ago, blaudrup said:

If the investor is the kind of rich fuckmuppet that thinks a five minute logo change, and a powerpoint presentation of website hits is some kind of digital implementation worthy of investment........well, I would welcome that fool's money with open arms. 

On the other hand, it might be a signal that there are existing fuckmuppets closer to home, and that it's the club right now paying good money to Umbraco developers to write this.

Shoosh you

1 hour ago, Willis said:

It's been the same fucking groundhog day shite for about 10 years now. 10 years of us failing to achieve what we should be easily capable of achieving. We keep saying we're the same club and and we are but at the same time we're not. We are one of the richest clubs and biggest supported Club in the country and we still struggle and drop points to diddy teams 

Can't win the league can't win the cups can't beat celtic, what have we got to be happy about.

I'd have preferred utter silence from the club and for us to actually just do our talking on the pitch, all this talk of branding is pish, people arent going to grow up supporting because they have a cool badge or strip or a great brand, they're going to support Rangers cause their Dad or Uncle or big brother took them to Ibrox and they hear the fans in full voice and see what it's all about, and the thing that's going to bring more dad's and uncles and brothers to the games isnt a fucking brand it's Rangers being a successful club and doing what the fans know we should and could be doing.

I'm not angry about a new badge or that but I'd prefer the Club was focused on one thing and one thing alone

The way it should be, fuck trying to get your touristy types to come every week.

41 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

The way it should be, fuck trying to get your touristy types to come every week.

Exactly. Plus we need to be real here. No cunt that isn’t in anyway associated with us through family or friends is gonnae just randomly supporting a Scottish side.

Trying to draw fans in that might not have a connection with us shouldn’t be the priority just now. Winning trophies should be.

1 minute ago, KyleBJK said:

Exactly. Plus we need to be real here. No cunt that isn’t in anyway associated with us through family or friends is gonnae just randomly supporting a Scottish side.

Trying to draw fans in that might not have a connection with us shouldn’t be the priority just now. Winning trophies should be.

The two aren't mutually exclusive for fuck sake.

From the sound of some of you it's as if Gerrard is up all night on his MacBook fucking about with different variations of the crest on photoshop.

2 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

From the sound of some of you it's as if Gerrard is up all night on his MacBook fucking about with different variations of the crest on photoshop.

Well it is, no trophies no new fans :) 

We have been evolving since 1872.   Not going to upload old Rangers crests, anyone who is interested can google them and look at what we have had over the years.    Some good, some crap.   We need to move on and be forward thinking but also ensure that forward thinking is an improvement.    But....this new crest is utter shite.   

1 hour ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

That’s not entirely what I’m saying though is it. 

My point is we get fed this happy clappy shite all the time like Glasgow is Blue on a fuckin city building and it’s just a bit cringe. We’ve not won a league for 9 year. Let’s try getting the title back then we can shout about it being blue. 

1 hour ago, KyleBJK said:

Aye mate, the near 9 million guys that follow Gerrard on Instagram would never consider having us as a Scottish team to support (which they didn't do before), and possibly buy a decent bit of our merchandise that we now benefit from significantly. 

Imagine having such a short sighted view of how our club is perceived outwith Scotland. Fuck sake.

8 minutes ago, Pure_Quality said:

Aye mate, the near 9 million guys that follow Gerrard on Instagram would never consider having us as a Scottish team to support (which they didn't do before), and possibly buy a decent bit of our merchandise that we now benefit from significantly. 

Imagine having such a short sighted view of how our club is perceived outwith Scotland. Fuck sake.

Rather they didn’t 

Archived