Atmosphere against Legia

Essandoh

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To be honest that game and our three home group stage games were all brilliant. Young Boys game died at the end with their goal but it was otherwise a good atmosphere too. 

Only memory I have of Legia is Morelos scoring and the remaining 5 minutes. The rest of it I was a nervous wreck. 

The atmosphere at Ibrox for the last 2 seasons european campaigns have been outstanding at times , and on the whole the team have responded and fed off the support to give us some memorable games and results .  Just a pity that we don't do it often enough during the domestic games , not a particularly new thing either , but frustrating all the same . The fact that a good amount are standing for most of these games ( and away from home ) would have some bearing , but TBF I can remember the old terracing , and later the enclosures not exactly jumping during some run of the mill League and Cup games .

8 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

The atmosphere at Ibrox for the last 2 seasons european campaigns have been outstanding at times , and on the whole the team have responded and fed off the support to give us some memorable games and results .  Just a pity that we don't do it often enough during the domestic games , not a particularly new thing either , but frustrating all the same . The fact that a good amount are standing for most of these games ( and away from home ) would have some bearing , but TBF I can remember the old terracing , and later the enclosures not exactly jumping during some run of the mill League and Cup games .

Something about Europe and floodlights that stirs the Saturday 3pm  placid fans into action.   Think the standing thing is to do with other factors too, like how many were in the ground and the weather.   Put 10000 on the old Broomloan End in the pissing rain and the atmosphere would be shite.    If you could put 10000 on safe standing on the  present Broomloan on a European night then the atmosphere would be boiling. 

1 minute ago, andyhrfc said:

Something about Europe and floodlights that stirs the Saturday 3pm  placid fans into action.   Think the standing thing is to do with other factors too, like how many were in the ground and the weather.   Put 10000 on the old Broomloan End in the pissing rain and the atmosphere would be shite.    If you could put 10000 on safe standing on the  present Broomloan on a European night then the atmosphere would be boiling. 

Aye , you could be right mate . It could also just be as simple as the whole Euro experience still being quite novel to a large part of the fan base due to all the shit we've endured since 2012 . The young team deserve some credit for the way they back the team despite most of them not old enough to remember the triumphs and Legends that a lot of us took for granted not too long ago .

I wasn't at the home fixture, some wee guy called off in work at night and I had to go in. Was working across the West End and could hear the roar when Morelos score (my laptop was running about 20-seconds behind on the liver stream) noisy as fuck ... one of the few games I've missed I wished I was there.

1 minute ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Was thinking about this game the other day actually great night but have zero recollection of the first leg.

Only thing I remember was Legia had a player called Cafu that had a shot saved.

4 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Was thinking about this game the other day actually great night but have zero recollection of the first leg.

I’ve got zero recollection about that game as well mate, was on the sauce from 4:30 on the train, just seeing this brings back memories 

1 minute ago, falkirkNS said:

decent but nothing like years ago, this generation, half the support sit on there hands and afrid to fkn swear now at Ibrox, its no the same at all. Fuck modernisation, fuck UEFA and fuck the SFA.

Ballocks. 

1 hour ago, MorelosRangers said:

Maribor last season was incredible. Braga the last 20 minutes will never be forgotten.

I told my dad when Hagi was standing over the free kick that if it went in he was getting flung onto the pitch. When that ball hit the back of the net his life must’ve flashed before his eyes because I had him above my head in absolute delirium :lol: 

Won’t forget that memory any time soon

We sit in the Govan Rear as well so my back would’ve been fucked

1 minute ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Ballocks. 

No bollocks, since around Jack McConnell... 2006 UEFA/SFA crusade and pandering nany goats of a board has fucked it, I know boys who gave their seasons up for fear of getting lifted for saying something. Only going get worse in SNP run ruled Scotland....

Depending on how old you are that is.

1 hour ago, JackAlex93 said:

Atmosphere was defeaning against Legia after the flare went off that night and what a buzz when Alfredo scored the winner. 

The Braga atmosphere was also up there when we scored the 2nd and 3rd. Pandemonium at the 3rd goal, what a night! 

It’s weird how much forced stoppages like that seem to galvanise the support. It wasn’t on the same level obviously but does anyone remember the noise against Hearts at Ibrox in the Championship when the game was abandoned for snow?

The most unexpected roar of Derry’s Walls erupted and the Hearts fans were giving it big licks too. Was a great sound.

Archived