Bristol City Targets Gerrard

Ace

IMO the turning point ( where it all went wrong) last season was the cup final.  The way we were shafted out of that cup I think demoralised us.

The league cup is a springboard for the rest of the season,  had we won that I think our season would have panned out differently.

I don't want Gerrard to go just yet. I still think he will lead us to success again.  He has us going in the right direction.  IMO we played them off the park pretty much every game last season.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

IMO the turning point ( where it all went wrong) last season was the cup final.  The way we were shafted out of that cup I think demoralised us.

The league cup is a springboard for the rest of the season,  had we won that I think our season would have panned out differently.

I don't want Gerrard to go just yet. I still think he will lead us to success again.  He has us going in the right direction.  IMO we played them off the park pretty much every game last season.  I can't remember the last time that happened.  

I think the turning point was a few days before that actually. We blew it at Pittodrie after looking like we had the game won after half an hour and they score an injury time winner after conceding an injury time equaliser at home to Hamilton.

6 minutes ago, gogzy said:

If that was the case we wouldn’t have pumped them at the Piggery and played probably the best football we have in years against them and Hibs.

2 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Still find it amazing that they went through a collapse after the winter break in our first season, then the management sat back and allowed it to happen again the following year. 

Shit happens. That's the way of it.

We came through a difficult time in December relatively unscathed and won at the crumbledome while still flying our flag in Europe. Everyone was happy.

Apart from the Braga results everybody is very disappointed with our form in the second half of the season.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

26 minutes ago, gogzy said:

We came back strong after that cup final.  4 straight league wins in a tough December run, playing excellent football. 

The turning point for me was the 2-1 loss to hearts post break. After that any  momentum we had was shot and we fell apart domestically. A total copy of the the season before post break. 

As good as we've been playing against scum fc. We can't win the league if we don't start beating everyone else consistently. 

This is where Gerrard is failing dropping points against sides like Kilmarnock & Aberdeen too often. 

3 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Shit happens. That's the way of it.

We came through a difficult time in December relatively unscathed and won at the crumbledome while still flying our flag in Europe. Everyone was happy.

Apart from the Braga results everybody is very disappointed with our form in the second half of the season.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Time is running out unfortunately and the manager has nobody to blame but himself, nobody cares about European football when the players quite clearly cannot be arsed turning up 3 days later on a Sunday afternoon when it matters most. 

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Time is running out unfortunately and the manager has nobody to blame but himself, nobody cares about European football when the players quite clearly cannot be arsed turning up 3 days later on a Sunday afternoon when it matters most. 

Disagree a bit but don't want to get in an argument about it.

Europe is vital to our club. The prize money, the gate money, the prestige to attract better players, improved marketing deals etc etc.

Outwith we Bears nobody in the wider world could give a toss about who wins a tinpot league.  

25 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Disagree a bit but don't want to get in an argument about it.

Europe is vital to our club. The prize money, the gate money, the prestige to attract better players, improved marketing deals etc etc.

Outwith we Bears nobody in the wider world could give a toss about who wins a tinpot league.  

Why would/should anybody care what anybody else thinks about us winning the league? 

Okay, the if the worst happens, and we win nothing again next season, who realistically can come in and change things?

It wasn't that long ago many on here were shouting for McInnes, thankfully we missed out on him.  

We definitely need more winners in the team, and definitely more leaders, but I don't think we are that far away.

2 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

That's a good example. Dortmund was another. And Leicester. So it can happen. For us it needs to.

But for every one of them there's dozens of cases where the financially dominant team wins the league.

He gets this season from me, to win the league.  I don’t care about cups or Europe, he needs the league, otherwise he's failed and should go.

I say that knowing he'll have to punch above his weight, as the scum should be and are firm favourites, rightly due to factors including their financial superiority over us.

The spending scenario doesn't have to conflict with him being a failure if he doesn't win the league.

I agree with this, although for me it's more because no Rangers manager can survive overseeing them get 10.

I'd have a different view on it if they were still on 7 or 8. 

52 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Okay, the if the worst happens, and we win nothing again next season, who realistically can come in and change things?

It wasn't that long ago many on here were shouting for McInnes, thankfully we missed out on him.  

We definitely need more winners in the team, and definitely more leaders, but I don't think we are that far away.

We heard this before Mccoist, Warburton and Caixinha left as well. 

Archived