Bristol City Targets Gerrard

Ace

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

I know you wanted Gerrard gone, but I think your point unintentionally backs up why to go into the season with him.

He should've been sacked after our last game with Hearts, it feels as though we're just delaying the inevitable tbh. 

He absolutely needs to win the League Cup and start off the league campaign strongly, anything else and it's just going to end in tears again. 

Plus I think people are downplaying how big this opening game at Pittodrie is, if there's the usual shitebaggery and timidness coming from those players we can forget it. 

19 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He should've been sacked after our last game with Hearts, it feels as though we're just delaying the inevitable tbh. 

He absolutely needs to win the League Cup and start off the league campaign strongly, anything else and it's just going to end in tears again. 

Plus I think people are downplaying how big this opening game at Pittodrie is, if there's the usual shitebaggery and timidness coming from those players we can forget it. 

I don't necessarily think he needs to win the league cup i.e. assuming we got there, going into the final I'd take a four or six point league over them in the league and lose in the final over the reverse of that. It's obviously not meaningless either and if we're neck and neck in the league I think winning the league cup would help push the players on.

Fully agree with you on the Aberdeen game.

1 hour ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Okay, the if the worst happens, and we win nothing again next season, who realistically can come in and change things?

It wasn't that long ago many on here were shouting for McInnes, thankfully we missed out on him.  

We definitely need more winners in the team, and definitely more leaders, but I don't think we are that far away.

I don't think we're that far away either , some of the football we played before the break was superb and I thought we had a good chance to win the league.  More than a good chance . 

What happened after that still mystifies me to this day.  It could have been performance related , but I suspect it was more mentality . After having built ourselves up to a position of strength , culminating in comfortably beating them at their own midden , the bottle just seem to go , along with any self belief . 

I'm still on SG's side here , because the improvement is there , I dont think anyone can doubt the progress from the days of Pedro , but another collapse like that and we'll have to look elsewhere no matter who is available . He'll definitely need a trophy this season . 

I suppose it just depends on which Rangers turns up - the prebreak or after break Rangers . 

2 hours ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Okay, the if the worst happens, and we win nothing again next season, who realistically can come in and change things?

It wasn't that long ago many on here were shouting for McInnes, thankfully we missed out on him.  

We definitely need more winners in the team, and definitely more leaders, but I don't think we are that far away.

We cross that bridge as and when we come to it.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived