Bristol City Targets Gerrard

Ace

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sassaaaa said:

Dont see this happening but wish it would before hes allowed to sign more duds.

Nigel Pearson still not signed a new deal at Watford , get him in........

Nigel Pearson is a psychopath who had a good spell at Leicester and who since then has been an abject failure.

9 hours ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

He needs to win the league cup first and foremost, the majority of the support imo will absolutely turn on him if he fails for the third year running, then again we did have spackers clapping for him on the 8th minute against Hamilton, a game which we lost. 

Right now imo he's not a good manager, his man management is all over the place, too quick to throw players under the bus, tactically inept and can't motivate players for bread and butter domestic games,record against utter shite like Aberdeen and Kilmarnock is embarrassing. 

I was very supportive of him up until our last game at Tynecastle, so to suggest that there's underlying issues as to why I don't want him here is nonsense. 

This!

Assuming we're neck and neck, or ahead, with celtic again at the time this is absolutely vital.

After Scot Symon no Rangers manager has won the league without winning either the league cup or the Scottish cup before it. Walter Smith in 1991 was the exception but that was a very different circumstance.

The defeats to Aberdeen x2, celtic and Hearts in the cups have been just as damaging to our league hopes than anything else for me.

5 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Nigel Pearson is a psychopath who had a good spell at Leicester and who since then has been an abject failure.

Your opinion , he takes zero bullshit from anybody and would be a better manager than most of the shite thats been suggested before IMO.

3 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

This!

Assuming we're neck and neck, or ahead, with celtic again at the time this is absolutely vital.

After Scot Symon no Rangers manager has won the league without winning either the league cup or the Scottish cup before it. Walter Smith in 1991 was the exception but that was a very different circumstance.

The defeats to Aberdeen x2, celtic and Hearts in the cups have been just as damaging to our league hopes than anything else for me.

If we drop points in the first game he should be punted before it goes the same way as the last two years.....

Just now, sassaaaa said:

If we drop points in the first game he should be punted before it goes the same way as the last two years.....

I'm actually quite worried that we wont be even neck and neck by christmas and I'm assuming you're the same?

My hope is that some lessons were learned from last year, though I doubt it, and celtic drop off a little bit.

I just can't get out my head how far we dropped off last season. It's very hard to get that back and the drop off in his first season was nowhere near as bad as the second.

Let's face it no big team is coming in for a manager who can't win a cup in a 2 horse league. Bristol is about his current pull 

It's been a big gift giving him another year given the past 2 woeful domestic ones we have had to put up with so he will be gone regardless if its another repeat. 

I just hope his transfer dealing and tactics are more schrewed this year because this is make or break for not just him but us all. 

9 minutes ago, The Godfather said:

Let's face it no big team is coming in for a manager who can't win a cup in a 2 horse league. Bristol is about his current pull 

It's been a big gift giving him another year given the past 2 woeful domestic ones we have had to put up with so he will be gone regardless if its another repeat. 

I just hope his transfer dealing and tactics are more schrewed this year because this is make or break for not just him but us all. 

We need 3 or 4 first team players or we will not win the league. Let's face it we didn't take it to the final games in the 1st season and it looked unlikely this season. We aren't exactly knocking on the door, even if at times(xmas both years) its felt like we are.

I agree that managers are measured by what they win. But who was happy with the squad that Gerrard inherited ? I know that I wasn't.

On European nights we are a decent side (no Scottish refs ?). We no longer fear the worst when a scum game comes along. The days of finishing 3rd behind the sheep are over. A clearly offside goal being allowed to stand was all that prevented us from winning a trophy last season. That's progress.

Gerrard definitely deserves another go this coming season. 

8 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

I agree that managers are measured by what they win. But who was happy with the squad that Gerrard inherited ? I know that I wasn't.

On European nights we are a decent side (no Scottish refs ?). We no longer fear the worst when a scum game comes along. The days of finishing 3rd behind the sheep are over. A clearly offside goal being allowed to stand was all that prevented us from winning a trophy last season. That's progress.

Their revenue is double ours, their spending on wages was double ours and is now about 25-30% higher, and without checking I'm pretty sure they've spent far more in transfer fees than we have in the past 12 months on the back of already having a stronger squad. Whilst all of this continues they're going to be favourites year in year out.

The job Gerrard has is massively underestimated when he's effectively got one arm behind his back. Will be one of the biggest achievements in our history if he does it.

19 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

Break open the champagne 🍾 

22 minutes ago, GersInCanada said:

How do you propose we win anything in Scotland going by what you've said there? 

Ask some random European ref if they will do all our games?

He doesn't "definitely" deserve another season. He's lucky football stopped when it did or he mightn't have survived the last one 

2 hours ago, sassaaaa said:

Dont see this happening but wish it would before hes allowed to sign more duds.

Nigel Pearson still not signed a new deal at Watford , get him in........

First part I’ll slightly agree with the second part I’m just gonnae laugh at. 😂😂😂😂

Archived