Bristol City Targets Gerrard

Ace

4 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Or we can just build a team capable of winning it instead of waiting for that clown to retire. 

And btw they were going to crumble when Deila left, then when Rodgers left, then when we beat them in December etc. 

This season they'll be skint after paying all their csa payouts.

This is our season 👍

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we start the season the way finished then I reckon Gerrard would walk. He looked like a broken man after Hearts away in the cup and I fully expected him to leave then.

However the past is in the past and  I’ve bought my season ticket so I’ll get fully behind him and the team  and pray they’ve learned from their mistakes and they get us the title the fans deserve. 

Not fussed with Europe and want our full focus on the league. League Cup could be massive this year again!

14 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

Or we can just build a team capable of winning it instead of waiting for that clown to retire. 

And btw they were going to crumble when Deila left, then when Rodgers left, then when we beat them in December etc. 

I never mentioned any of the three crumble situations you mentioned there, do you agree with me re- Brown?

28 minutes ago, BridgeIsBlue said:

When Deila left? 🤨

Must admit I have no feelings towards this season at all. Past couple I’ve been genuinely filled with optimism that we can do something but I just don’t care about this season. 

That has stemmed from the manager’s domestic failure. And that is what it is, failure. 

We have such a good set up at Youth level and things off the park are alot more promising than before, we really just need to land the league title and I'd be delighted. I believe Gerrard and his coaching team are as good as we're going to get. Taking a punt on someone experienced but never been in Scottish football is too risky and it may end up taking 2 or 3 more Managers to get the right one. Gerrard needed to fail a few times to learn and become better. He has done that whilst getting some positive results in Europe and v the scum. I'm confident his progression will continue with us and he will deliver.

34 minutes ago, B1872 said:

If we start the season the way finished then I reckon Gerrard would walk. He looked like a broken man after Hearts away in the cup and I fully expected him to leave then.

However the past is in the past and  I’ve bought my season ticket so I’ll get fully behind him and the team  and pray they’ve learned from their mistakes and they get us the title the fans deserve. 

Not fussed with Europe and want our full focus on the league. League Cup could be massive this year again!

League Cup would be huge for us. We've seen before how that first trophy changes things and it has been used as a spring board to bigger success. 

1 hour ago, tm91 said:

This time last year I would have been upset at the prospect of him leaving. Now my only concern is that it's too late in the season for us to lose our manager.

This season is Gerrard's last chance. 

Gerrard's last chance? Last chance for the  free world to ward off a Nuclear Winter of dark gloom.  Bigger than Gerrard.  I don't care who or how,  just win the league.

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

All fair comments mate, but there's an over-riding, massive brand name/PR aspect to the appointment. That was the ONLY advantage to his appointment at the time (you can then argue a case for or against him as a manager now depending on how you think he's done)

2 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Disagree mate. For me we needed a tried and tested manager with a track record of success.

I know folk keep harping on about Walter Smith but someone in that mould - no nonsense, knew the basics and got that extra 10% out of players.

Scottish football isn't rocket science and it doesn't need over-complicated.

We will never get a bigger name than Steven Gerrard as our manager, but we can (could of) get a better manager than Steven Gerrard.

That's why I stand by my point about the board in relation to this. They are devious bastards. They wanted the good PR and something that appeared like a coup, because, they should be (and should have been at the time) under immense pressure to deliver. This way, they can say we attracted a name on the world stage like Steven Gerrard and that's total justification, to some, regardless if he flops or fails and removes even more accountability from a bunch of amateurs who's track record of appointments and signings is nothing short of woeful. 

3 hours ago, British_Empire said:

Lie down and grunt ya wee rat.

Can't be from the same guy.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

:lol: he called me a mongo and something else first though. Guys an absolute abortion. Reminds me of AlBear.

You're the cunt talking about conspiracies of shadowy figures behind the scenes in our boardroom deliberately hampering the club you fucking loon. In amongst endless amounts of other hyperbolic bollocks the latest of which being that they don't care about the club's results only about the PR Gerrard brings.

4 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

You're the cunt talking about conspiracies of shadowy figures behind the scenes in our boardroom deliberately hampering the club you fucking loon. In amongst endless amounts of other hyperbolic bollocks the latest of which being that they don't care about the club's results only about the PR Gerrard brings.

No conspiracy or shadowy figures about it. 

The board have shown their hand in this several times. They can't even go after the SPFL for 20-25 million of prize money we could have got when they awarded celtic a title they never won. 

Gerrard was a PR appointment to take heat and flack off them after some of the worst appointments and signings we've witnessed. I also feel the same about their DOF appointments, which again take accountability and responsibility away from them too when they can get someone to take over the running of the football side of things.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical? every chance, but I'm calling it as I see it. 

You are the perfect example of the cretins I was talking about a few posts up that's heavily conditioned and lap up every bit of shite the club feeds them. 

3 minutes ago, Rangers_no1 said:

Square go is the only way to end this imo

No a fight in him, he's like one of them wee skinny cunts you see out on the High Street with the big greasy fat chick with about a hunner B&M and Iceland bags hanging off the pram. Total weasel. 

12 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

No conspiracy or shadowy figures about it. 

The board have shown their hand in this several times. They can't even go after the SPFL for 20-25 million of prize money we could have got when they awarded celtic a title they never won. 

Gerrard was a PR appointment to take heat and flack off them after some of the worst appointments and signings we've witnessed. I also feel the same about their DOF appointments, which again take accountability and responsibility away from them too when they can get someone to take over the running of the football side of things.

Maybe I'm being overly cynical? every chance, but I'm calling it as I see it. 

You are the perfect example of the cretins I was talking about a few posts up that's heavily conditioned and lap up every bit of shite the club feeds them. 

What I've called you out on is the outlandish claims you've made on a couple of topics to get your point across, which is made all the worse by you moaning about cunts who do exactly that, and which you've then to an extent back tracked on when you've went on to explain what you've meant.

i.e. 'the board don't care about results, only about the PR Gerrard brings' (as in now, in the present) morphs into something milder, which to an extent I don't even necessarily disagree with, that Gerrard's name, clout and standing in the game as a player was a huge factor in him getting the job.

2 hours ago, King Jela said:

Where did I say we WOULD have won? 

I thought that’s what the post below meant. 

4 hours ago, King Jela said:

Its pretty black and white for me. Their offside goal doesn't stand we have extra time, momentum on our side and an extra man. 

1 minute ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

What I've called you out on is the outlandish claims you've made on a couple of topics to get your point across, which is made all the worse by you moaning about cunts who do exactly that, and which you've then to an extent back tracked on when you've went on to explain what you've meant.

i.e. 'the board don't care about results, only about the PR Gerrard brings' (as in now, in the present) morphs into something milder, which to an extent I don't even necessarily disagree with, that Gerrard's name, clout and standing in the game as a player was a huge factor in him getting the job.

Or maybe you just read whatever you want to read because you're a twisted wee cunt, and if you debated with me properly instead of being a little cock we could dig down and explore the things I say.

For the avoidance of doubt, there's no backtracking - In my personal opinion the board don't give a fuck about anything but themselves and their ego's and that includes results - if they did, they wouldn't have appointed Gerrard as manager of Rangers at a time we needed a strong, winning manager and not a rookie.

3 minutes ago, British_Empire said:

Or maybe you just read whatever you want to read because you're a twisted wee cunt, and if you debated with me properly instead of being a little cock we could dig down and explore the things I say.

For the avoidance of doubt, there's no backtracking - In my personal opinion the board don't give a fuck about anything but themselves and their ego's and that includes results - if they did, they wouldn't have appointed Gerrard as manager of Rangers at a time we needed a strong, winning manager and not a rookie.

I'm not convinced the strong, winning manager we'd all have wanted existed and @SeparateEntityMyArse has suggested why more than well enough to go back over it, but I'll be standing by the comment of you not half talking some shite with this "the board don't give a fuck about results" nonsense. It's the extreme exaggeration you were greeting about.

Archived