Stewart Robertson.... Again

falkirkNS

Just now, Rfc52 said:

One club in Britain have a strong love for the Ira so youre right mate hes defo been a man City fan 

Apologies I had forgotten that part of the post, unfortunately that's still not enough evidence for us to openly criticise celtic - we go as far as we can in our statement by calling on the whole of scottish football to condemn it. 

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we went into much detail about who did or didn't abuse players it gets clunky and awkward and the statement looses it's meaning

The statement we have put out is pretty straight forward - don't be an arse to our players. 

Have all the views you want on BLM but the brutal reality is our players have fuck all interest in what you think about it so stop telling them how they should think and act. 

3 minutes ago, Brubear said:

I u understand why you are confused. The statement from Rangers covering this and the taking the knee in the single statement opened that confusion up and the media have been only too happy to run with it. Shocking statement, should have been two separate statements with the Morelod one being much stronger. 

That would have been a much better strategy. I think the club have rushed out a statement without thinking what the impact would be, are they doing the right thing? Yes. Is it poorly executed? Yes.

The fat jap must be pissing himself 

1 minute ago, Howsitgoing said:

The only reason that isn’t the case is no other club is held to the media scrutiny as ours is. Do you honestly think that no other player has had twitter messages against them taking the knee? 

No and I haven't suggested otherwise. Afaik though, ours are the only who've felt they had to speak out about the abuse they've received for taking a knee. That's nothing to do with media scrutiny or being held to different standards to anyone else.

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

If we went into much detail about who did or didn't abuse players it gets clunky and awkward and the statement looses it's meaning

The statement we have put out is pretty straight forward - don't be an arse to our players when it probably isn't merited. 

Have all the views you want on BLM but the brutal reality is our players have fuck all interest in what you think about it so stop telling them how they should think and act. 

Then why did they react to some of the fans if they had fuck all interest in what the fans thought?

Just now, The Dude said:

No and I haven't suggested otherwise. Afaik though, ours are the only who've felt they had to speak out about the abuse they've received. That's nothing to do with media scrutiny or being held to different standards to anyone else.

I wouldn’t be surprised if our player isn’t the only one to speak out, just it’s not a news story normally.  Rangers FC are held to a different level of media scrutiny than others. 

Just now, Howsitgoing said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if our player isn’t the only one to speak out, just it’s not a news story normally.  Rangers FC are held to a different level of media scrutiny than others. 

Biggest club in the country mate, media don’t give a shit about the other diddy teams 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

That would be a very strange PR strategy. We'd just then be criticised of throwing stones while living in a glass house.

This goes back to my original point,  our anger is directed at our board - but it's our fans (apparently) who have put them in a place where they HAVE to address both points in one statement. 

There was zero racist remarks in the comments on Goldsons posts. Just people opposing the BLM knee which is not being racist, despite what is commonly thought. Far from what was put on Morelos live feed.

To say the two are similar is very wrong and dangerous. For Robertson to combine the two in the same statement was wrong and dangerous. Media ran with we, the Rangers fans, being racist.

Did both issues needed addressed? Yes ofcourse. But in my opinion Morelos issue should've been the clear statement and have the fan media do a board release of the Goldson issue on social media.

Any player speaking out about abuse is a 'news story'.  There was an East Stirling player racially abused a while back and it got pretty extensive coverage. East Stirling have fewer fans at their games normally than we have folk selling pies and bovrils.

6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

How does this go again.... oh aye, you are being a cunt. 

No mate, you just said something that made no sense, ie you made a cunt of it.

You were rightly pulled up on it.

Of course the players care about what the fans think, we are their fans. He wouldn’t be reading posts if he didn’t give a shit what the fans thought, and he’s certainly not going to be trying to correct them.

You fucked it 

30 minutes ago, Misteral said:

Nah, they are saying if you are  a racist moron  and give out abuse  about what the players are doing you're not welcome. You don't need to actively support it. 

Once again was Goldson racially abused or was it a fan disagreeing with the knee and black power fist BIG BIG difference.

1 minute ago, esquire8 said:

There was zero racist remarks in the comments on Goldsons posts. Just people opposing the BLM knee which is not being racist, despite what is commonly thought. Far from what was put on Morelos live feed.

To say the two are similar is very wrong and dangerous. For Robertson to combine the two in the same statement was wrong and dangerous. Media ran with we, the Rangers fans, being racist.

Did both issues needed addressed? Yes ofcourse. But in my opinion Morelos issue should've been the clear statement and have the fan media do a board release of the Goldson issue on social media.

Bang on mate, all this clown has done is give our enemies the opportunity to turn it around on us, who needs enemies when we’ve got this clown feeding every media outlet ammo to shoot down our fans, it far from this first time this clown has had a go at the fans though. 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

Once again was Goldson racially abused or was it a fan disagreeing with the knee and black power fist BIG BIG difference.

Have you ever seen a Rangers fan complaining about the give racism a red card campaign?

I haven’t...

Wonder why

Just now, Swally said:

No mate, you just said something that made no sense, ie you made a cunt of it.

You were rightly pulled up on it.

Of course the players care about what the fans think, we are their fans. He wouldn’t be reading posts if he didn’t give a shit what the fans thought, and he’s certainly not be trying to correct them.

You fucked it 

No, they don't actually give a fuck, they decently pointed out to people to go away and educate themselves on the situation. They acted with decency and courtesy to the people who felt they could change how they think and act, but, really, really, they don't give a fuck . They give about a much a fuck as I give for reading your contributions to this forum. :hiboys:

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm not for a second suggesting I do. I'm simply taking what has been said by players at face value rather than seeing it as some marxist/leftist/anti-british/anti-white/anti-semetic/anarchist  conspiracy that players are too thick to see through but we know what's REALLY going on. It's an utterly mental stance to take.

The point is that football people are not always the most informed when it comes to matters outside of football. That's fine, they are paid to play/discuss football not be social commentators.

I don't know if everyone who kneels or otherwise shows support for BLM knows the deeper political agendas of that organisation or just want to show they disagree with racist behaviour as they did with kick it out and show rascism the red card.  I suspect that it's very much the latter. A number of pundits, media organisations and the FA have all backtracked on blindly supporting BLM after the groups political philosophy has been given more scrutiny.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Any player speaking out about abuse is a 'news story'.  There was an East Stirling player racially abused a while back and it got pretty extensive coverage. East Stirling have fewer fans at their games normally than we have folk selling pies and bovrils.

He isn’t speaking out because he was racially abused, yes that’s a news story. Some fans don’t agree with this BLM movement, all football clubs supporters are going to have a varied view on that matter. 

Just now, sRcFoCt said:

It was a number of fans telling him to get out of the club and that he isn't welcome at Ibrox.

Just now, The Beast said:

He said "up the IRA" or something very similar. Not many clubs fans identify with such statements.

You're really scraping the barrel if you are suggesting that this person was somehow connected to the ivory coast and not some pig shit thick scum suppoter who couldn't even identify his own flag.

Sorry, see my post above.

I'm not suggesting that at all, of course I believe it's a celtic fan - but it doesn't matter what we think, it's what we can prove as a club. 

There is not enough conclusive evidence for our board to call it out directly, and a minority of our fans haven't given us a leg to stand on the issue. 

1 minute ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

No, they don't actually give a fuck, they decently pointed out to people to go away and educate themselves on the situation. They acted with decency and courtesy to the people who felt they could change how they think and act, but, really, really, they don't give a fuck . They give about a much a fuck as I give for reading your contributions to this forum. :hiboys:

Why are you replying to me all the time if you don’t even read my contributions :lol::lol:

Dennis Reynolds

:whut:

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

It was a number of fans telling him to get out of the club and that he isn't welcome at Ibrox.

Because of a stance he took on racial equality. Were racial slurs used, no, but that is not the only form of racism. 

He isn’t speaking out because he was racially abused, yes that’s a news story. Some fans don’t agree with this BLM movement, all football clubs are going to have a varied view on that matter. 

He was speaking out because he was told by a number of fans he isn't welcome at the club. Go have a  look at some of the comments on his instagram and tell me if you think some of them are in any way close to acceptable. If people want to voice their opposition to BLM as an organisation, great. Telling a black Rangers player that he isn't welcome at Ibrox because he took a stance being replicated around the world to oppose racism (including by every single one of his teammates and coaches) is the action of a cunt and deserved to be called out by the player and club.

Archived