***The Official Aberdeen v Rangers Match Thread***

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 25/07/2020 at 19:46, ForeverAndEver said:

Everybody should know the time and date.

Links can be added anytime I want, or admin want.

ForeverAndEver 1 - 0 MitreMouldmaster

The time has been changed. Some websites still have it as 5.30pm. Not everyone who lives abroad will know this. 

Hope someone has told the players. 

After what we did  to Murderwell midweek I think it's full on body armour no just shin pads our players will be needing against the sheep.

Also "The Boaby"  Madden  tends to let too much go early on so I hope we dont pick up any injuries with the challenges that will doubtless  come flying in fron the start .

41 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

We're about to lose our best player, there is absolutely nothing to suggest we will be any different to a few months ago and yet I am absolutely fucking buzzing for this and it's only Monday.

I think from what I seen in pre season Gerrard has tried to set up a system where we rely less on Morelos , maybe knowing or expecting he was off at some point this summer  Kent , hagi and Aribo looked promising when playing together and hopefully they can continue scoring goals regularly as it is the main difference between us and celtic for me . their main attacking midfielders  provide a consistent amount of goals throughout the season  .

Only issue is against Coventry we did seem to struggle in the first half against a team who closed up a bit  . Which as we all know has been our downfall under Gerrard . Can only hope I suppose as we always do .

8 minutes ago, cr3_bear said:

I think from what I seen in pre season Gerrard has tried to set up a system where we rely less on Morelos , maybe knowing or expecting he was off at some point this summer  Kent , hagi and Aribo looked promising when playing together and hopefully they can continue scoring goals regularly as it is the main difference between us and celtic for me . their main attacking midfielders  provide a consistent amount of goals throughout the season  .

Only issue is against Coventry we did seem to struggle in the first half against a team who closed up a bit  . Which as we all know has been our downfall under Gerrard . Can only hope I suppose as we always do .

Yep, the concern for me is when teams shut up shop. Coventry did and we struggled, again. It was a repeat of what we saw so often last year and, had their striker had a brain, they would have gone in at half-time 1-0 up despite having hardly any of the ball etc. 

When teams give us space I have absolutely no concerns whatsoever. We are a good football team and we show that. 

25 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Yep, the concern for me is when teams shut up shop. Coventry did and we struggled, again. It was a repeat of what we saw so often last year and, had their striker had a brain, they would have gone in at half-time 1-0 up despite having hardly any of the ball etc. 

When teams give us space I have absolutely no concerns whatsoever. We are a good football team and we show that. 

We might need to change strategy and use up squad players to run their energy levels down for an hour and then bring on creativity,also protection from the cluggers. 

21 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Agree completely.  

Coventry game was & will be similar to approx 75% of the domestic games we’ll play this season.  

For me it’s the mental toughness  part of these games we struggle with, players start hiding, losing discipline/concentration & some even try too hard. 

Massive step up in that part of our game & we won’t be far away.  

21 minutes ago, esquire8 said:

Think we can somehow get Govou out of Ross Hall to start up top for us? Someones got to eventually find him in there.

2 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

Canny believe people still use this patter 🤣

Let it go 

Remember the stuff a few years back about Vladimir Weiss and his never ending flight :lol: did that plane ever land ?

1 minute ago, cr3_bear said:

Remember the stuff a few years back about Vladimir Weiss and his never ending flight :lol: did that plane ever land ?

Weiss stuff is far too recent for me :lol:

Van Nistelrooy is surely going to pass that medical soon....

Archived