Helander

Barasa

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He runs like a baddie from Scooby Doo (nothing moves above the knee) but I personally think he's our best defender.

Looks awkward as fuck but his positional sense is superb.

Can also score a few with his head from corners, unlike Goldson who’s springy Afro seems to push the ball to the wrong side of the posts.

No coincidence the arse fell out our title challenge after the old firm game when Helander was absent.

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

He runs like a baddie from Scooby Doo (nothing moves above the knee) but I personally think he's our best defender.

Can also score a few with his head from corners, unlike Goldson who’s springy Afro seems to push the ball to the wrong side of the posts.

No coincidence the arse fell out our title challenge after the old firm game when Helander was absent.

I always thought he was Shaggy, no?

3 minutes ago, beararse said:

You do realise Goldson scored from a set piece today? 😂

2 minutes ago, beararse said:

The game that his replacement scored the winner 😂

And the arse fell out our title challenge because we couldnt score in a barrel of fannies, post new year this year we scored 16 goals in 11 games, only conceded 9 in 11 including 5 clean sheets, 

Defence was never the problem 

8 minutes ago, beararse said:

Looks a bit like Shaggy come to think of it

11 minutes ago, FlippinEck said:

You do realise Goldson scored from a set piece today? 😂

Yep. He seems to like scoring in friendlies

Saves the glaring misses and awkward glances for competitive matches 

10 minutes ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

The game that his replacement scored the winner 😂

And the arse fell out our title challenge because we couldnt score in a barrel of fannies, post new year this year we scored 16 goals in 11 games, only conceded 9 in 11 including 5 clean sheets, 

Defence was never the problem 

If those stats were spread out equally then you’d have a point but we clearly didn’t win every game. 
You agree 7  or 8 clean sheets would be better than 5, no?

19 minutes ago, beararse said:

Except that isn't true, is it? I think he's our best defender as well but we won 4/5 games after he got injured including beating them at the piggery. 

16 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Our best defender. Be good if he could play 10 games on the bounce. Our luck with injuries has been hellish for as long as I can remember. Difference is we had fighters waiting to come in and do a job even 9-10 years ago

This isn’t the Connor Goldson thread mate.

Watching the attacker run past him twice like he wasn't there plus the wee guy outmuscling him off the ball made me think he's nowhere near ready for the team or he's just as slow as I remember him to be.

26 minutes ago, beararse said:

Does Goldsons springy afro unspring itself during friendlies? 😂

Btw, which defender scored most for us last season? 🙂

30 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Our best defender. Be good if he could play 10 games on the bounce. Our luck with injuries has been hellish for as long as I can remember. Difference is we had fighters waiting to come in and do a job even 9-10 years ago

He's barely kicked a ball for us so I don't agree with the best defender thing. That 3milion tag is looking hefty at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Sket said:

He's barely kicked a ball for us so I don't agree with the best defender thing. That 3milion tag is looking hefty at the moment.

That’s exactly the problem mate. Imo he’s our best defender and hardly played and we shelled out £3m. Our recruitment for the last 3 years has been horrific if a crocked £3m CB

7 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

That’s exactly the problem mate. Imo he’s our best defender and hardly played and we shelled out £3m. Our recruitment for the last 3 years has been horrific if a crocked £3m CB

I don't think he's done anything that Edmundson hasn't when he's had the chance. Katic for me but all 4 could be replaced tomorrow.

Archived