4Lads Tweet

BridgeIsBlue

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BridgeIsBlue said:

Interesting part about writing without conditions attached :whistle:

As much as I detest a lot of the stuff put out by certain newspapers up here, the idea of shifting completely to fan media is laughable.

Good on 4lads for having the integrity to step back from it.

No sure what to make of that tbh.

First thought was "look at me look at me" 

Regards the conditions, I think there still has to be some regulation from Rangers in regards to writings. Within reason. 

But to flip it, with Robertson's dictatorship comments last week, the framework by Rangers laid out to guys like him might be quite toe-the-line, write what we say or don't come back. Wouldn't surprise me, either. 

I wouldn't read too much into that. If you have a media badge representing the club, you will have to adhere to certain rules at every club. The boy just wants to watch and support the team he loves without the hassles.

3 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

I wouldn't read too much into that. If you have a media badge representing the club, you will have to adhere to certain rules at every club. The boy just wants to watch and support the team he loves without the hassles.

That’s how I read it too. 

Seems fair enough. Plenty of things become less fun when you transition from 'amateur' to 'professional' with all the rules, limitations and expectations that come with it. I admire the club's pivot to fan media but, ultimately, we still need to get more control of our relationship with local traditional media, as bad as it often is. 

2 hours ago, bluenoz said:

They will but

oh they will read every letter and scrutinise the bits in between sentences and blame SNP/Robertson/Morelos/FTP

3 hours ago, bluenoz said:

That was my thoughts as well, David Edgar was a bit gutted as it is his pal and was looking forward to a working relationship and according to him no conditions have been laid down, i like all the HandH guys as they are all straight talkers and their thoughts pretty much mirror mine.

Just now, eskbankloyal said:

Fair play to Stevie. Wondered how long it would be before the first one told the club to fuck off, and deservedly so.

Can you elaborate on that mate?

1 minute ago, eskbankloyal said:

Fair play to Stevie. Wondered how long it would be before the first one told the club to fuck off, and deservedly so.

Don't think the club liked him saying Young-Coombes was away either since Edgar came out and denied it.

Levels.

14 minutes ago, gogzy said:

Can you elaborate on that mate?

Those being fed information from the club need to ask themselves two things

Do we trust this information is accurate

Are we comfortable passing it on to the fans 

Given the utter nonsense they told folk about the Sports Direct stuff, as an example, they are either oblivious to the fact the club lied to them or they are happy feeding the fans lies/propaganda to keep their access. 

There are countless examples of it as well. 

2 hours ago, eskbankloyal said:

Those being fed information from the club need to ask themselves two things

Do we trust this information is accurate

Are we comfortable passing it on to the fans 

Given the utter nonsense they told folk about the Sports Direct stuff, as an example, they are either oblivious to the fact the club lied to them or they are happy feeding the fans lies/propaganda to keep their access. 

There are countless examples of it as well. 

All this and more. Graham doing tie ups with the Record isn't a good sign either.

8 hours ago, British_Empire said:

No sure what to make of that tbh.

First thought was "look at me look at me" 

Regards the conditions, I think there still has to be some regulation from Rangers in regards to writings. Within reason. 

But to flip it, with Robertson's dictatorship comments last week, the framework by Rangers laid out to guys like him might be quite toe-the-line, write what we say or don't come back. Wouldn't surprise me, either. 

Exactly why no just tell the club and leave it at that

The problem with fan media is the ones in charge of the outlet like to keep access to their perks, such as attending behind doors football and event invites and freebies etc. So eventually, end up like scottish msm and toeing the line.

Archived