Bayer 04 Leverkusen VS Rangers - Match Thread

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Essandoh said:

If we get an early goal then why not? Just go for it

Absolutely. If we go out then there is no shame. We made the last 16 after all which is further than we have been in a long time. 

Got to start the game with the mentality that we need a minimum of 3 goals and just go for it. Gerrard knows all about that.

how many weeks is that since they've finished the Bundesliga? Must be a month+ surely.

Hopefully them not having a competitive game can go in our favour but they're not daft, they must have done some prep.

A tie vs Conte's Inter would be class next round but if I'm honest I had the tie over in the first leg. 

Rangers will win 2-1 I think, which will bring in much needed cash at this testing time - was it 500,000 euros for a win?

They would not have played competitively for a month, so if we take the game to them with our best team, anything is possible.

Bayern beat them 2-4, we need to repeat that result with an open attacking game.

They havent played a competetive game for about a month and apparently they have struggled to set up friendlies as well. The players have also had time off. Unfortunately our squad for this game is not our strongest, but anything can happen. I sure as fuck am excited about playing in the last 16 of a European competition... this is what it is all about and I certainly dont see it as a distraction.. the players certainly wont be.

20 minutes ago, johanhentze said:

They havent played a competetive game for about a month and apparently they have struggled to set up friendlies as well. The players have also had time off. Unfortunately our squad for this game is not our strongest, but anything can happen. I sure as fuck am excited about playing in the last 16 of a European competition... this is what it is all about and I certainly dont see it as a distraction.. the players certainly wont be.

I wish we'd refused to play first leg I'd back us strongly in a one leg shoot out under the current circumstances. 

7 minutes ago, KingKirk said:

I wish we'd refused to play first leg I'd back us strongly in a one leg shoot out under the current circumstances. 

That game should never have been played and it was the very last large gathering. 

2 minutes ago, bluenoz said:

That game should never have been played and it was the very last large gathering. 

Absolutely given they haven't played since the German cup final I'd have backed us to go through a single tie now it's still extremely difficult. If we're winning at HT it's game on.

Think our poor form in the second half of last season has cost us here,  German teams are no mugs and getting a victory is difficult at the best of times.

Hope we do it as could prove a real boost for this important season.

2 hours ago, johanhentze said:

Who is missing other than Defoe ?

McGregor

Tav  Goldson Edmundson Barisic

Arfield   Jack 

Aribo         Hagi          Kent

Morelos

Balogun not registered, Kamara suspended, Davis wasn't even on the bench vs sheep, Defoe injured.

1 minute ago, Boybluesy said:

We've definitely improved the squad given that Halliday and Ojo are away.

Yea, but with Kamara suspended we dont really have any room for changing anything. We will have to hope that we get through this in one piece. Helander isnt in the squad either. Katic is injured also, so that leaves us with Goldson and Edmundson in defence with no real experienced cover. 

Archived