Morelos Watch

coopsleftboot

• Replies 529
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

You'd think it was us who ended the game with ten men...anything on the goal mouth scramble when two aberdeen players took swings at McGregor?! Nah. Fuck off. 

No need to worry the Compliance Officer will be on the case soon.

5 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

Problem with our media is that they are more gossip than actual journalism of the true sense.  One sided view devoid of an impartiality. 

I blame the editors for allowing this sort of abuse going to print. 

Just now, Misteral said:

How can the board control MSM narrative?  MSM have their own agendas so what should/could we do to change that?

Publicly call them out on it. Every biased or false piece of journalism should be highlighted by the club. We can't just sit back and take it anymore. 

1 hour ago, Bad Robot said:

Gary Ralston who has taken the blue pound with his brilliant book should also be fighting the clubs corner and getting an article out about Alfie being watched and written about with no other comparisons to other players on the field.

The @The Dude also needs to write a comparison article or blog on the matter and that needs to be done today or this will just be in the memory banks until the next similar article with its set narrative.

I'm working tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled.

2 minutes ago, Bluekev said:

Publicly call them out on it. Every biased or false piece of journalism should be highlighted by the club. We can't just sit back and take it anymore. 

They could build a dossier and report them to The European Commission against Racism and Intolerance (ECRI) for fuelling prejudice by reckless reporting.

36 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Btw, a link to the original would be particularly handy (or a page number if it's only in the print edition)

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18623409.aberdeen-0-1-Rangers-five-things-learned/

In here.

One very interesting  comment  on an angle that could have been taken and might also have been considered if a balanced report had been written.  The  article was only written to be critical, through a "behaviour" lens and not on performance or what he brought to the game.

Five things we learned about Alfredo Morelos.

1. Journalists hate him, far worse things happened in this game and are not mentioned.
2. He's clearly being given a new role in the team, that was not his usual game.
3. He followed his tactical instruction, without fuss.
4. He played a huge part in the goal, with a beautiful through ball. (not mentioned in this sniping piece)
5. He's unselfish, he will know his role in this tactical tweak will mean less goals for him but more goals for Kent, Aribo and Hagi and he looked delighted with and for Kent at the goal.

I hadn't realised until I read another report that said he had 68 touches in the game, which was more than any other game from last season.  The touch map was all over the pitch, which shows he was employing the tactics his manager demanded of him, selflessly and without fuss.  

2 minutes ago, coopsleftboot said:

https://www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/news/18623409.aberdeen-0-1-Rangers-five-things-learned/

In here.

One very interesting  comment  on an angle that could have been taken and might also have been considered if a balanced report had been written.

Five things we learned about Alfredo Morelos.

1. Journalists hate him, far worse things happened in this game and are not mentioned.
2. He's clearly being given a new role in the team, that was not his usual game.
3. He followed his tactical instruction, without fuss.
4. He played a huge part in the goal, with a beautiful through ball. (not mentioned in this sniping piece)
5. He's unselfish, he will know his role in this tactical tweak will mean less goals for him but more goals for Kent, Aribo and Hagi and he looked delighted with and for Kent at the goal.

I hadn't realised until I read another report that said he had 68 touches in the game, which was more than any other game from last season.  The touch map was all over the pitch, which shows he was employing the tactics his manager demanded of him, selflessly and without fuss.  

I mentioned yesterday that I see a huge improvement in his link-up play. Some didn't agree. It would be nice to see a better distribution in the goals but Morelos still needs to be on the end of most of them.

As for the article, what can you say that hasn't been said. I do think certain board members have put a leash on David Graham because he would love to bite back at that.

Report reminds me of the piece the speccy bbc twat wrote after beating Hibs 6-2 on the first day of the  2015/16 season.  "Rangers played well , scored some good goals....but some fans were singing naughty songs...blah blah on that for about 90%  of the rest of the report"  It's what kicked off the rot for the beeb and led to speccy's ban....and we're still in dispute!

We'll always be fair game in MSM articles.

The Club , in fairness , have tried to be seen to be on the front foot by banning certain publications from having any access to Ibrox and the Team players.

Fair enough but what we are seeing here , imo , is  Hollicom driven attacks on a player who will make us money when he does eventually move on.

Continually attacking him in the gutter press to drive down his market value and when he does go they will look for a new whipping boy to bash and bully because that is what they are being paid to do.

1 hour ago, Sweetheart said:

The board should let David Graham do his job. What's the point in having a media officer with his experience if the board interfere. He needs to be in a position where he can address any racism towards our players head on.

Fact is that David Graham can make all the statements he wants but if the board don’t follow anything up it’s just hollow words, our board and in particular Stewart Robertson disgust me, this guy never misses an opportunity to have a go at the fans but is nowhere to be seen when our enemies attack us, spineless little weasel needs removed. 

Archived