Tavernier

Rum Ham

Brilliant. Another solid display. People won't know how much we need him until he's gone. Vital to our team and the way we play. Best RB in the league. Getting better defensively. 

2 games later 

Tav's a bombscare. Tav what the fuck are you doing? Fucking hell Tav. Another mistake, how many more? Serial loser. That's 2 he's gave away. I'll take a right back that can defend first. 

Rinse and repeat. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Never helped himself with that car crash column in the match programme last season right enough.

Unforgivable tbh. 

Didn't help that we then lose to Hamilton at home with him playing a big part in that. 

3 minutes ago, King Jela said:

Unforgivable tbh. 

Didn't help that we then lose to Hamilton at home with him playing a big part in that. 

Definitely an error (not just on his part - someone at the club should have caught it) but all will be forgiven when he leads us to a title this season. 

One thing I noticed without the crowd there was how vocal he was. You could hear his distinctive Yorkshire accent encouraging his team throughout the game.

Huge season for him with a good start!

The fact he won so many tackles is due in part to the fact that Aberdeen targeted his side as a weakness,

He had a good game but there were a couple of times where they worked the ball to Considine who then played a straight ball down the line which caused us problems.

If you watch Gerrard coming off the pitch with Tav at the end of the game, he is clearly telling him that he needs to get tighter to his opponent and stop letting them turn and run at him.

To be honest, there’s so many of our fans that clearly can’t distinguish between what’s happened on the park and either their preconceived notion of what will / usually happen or what they’ve heard (in media and other fans). 

Tav is the perfect example of that. 

Best RB in the league by a country mile, and far more of a leader than Jack who I constantly see posts about ‘should be the captain’ - why I’ve no idea. Just becomes a bit of an echo chamber. 

24 minutes ago, Mr Soprano said:

Think he gets over criticised by some of our support due to the lack of productivity in other areas.

Never helped himself with that car crash column in the match programme last season right enough.

Until he lifts the league trophy he will always have that loser mentality. Impossible to shake off otherwise.

30 minutes ago, Rum Ham said:

One of the toughest games we will have in the prem this season and nearly double the number of tackles than any other player in the league.

That goes for fuck all - he dropped the ball that time he went to take a throw in :lol:

I've been a fan of Tav, he's improved considerably since he arrived and is a better all round player than many give him credit.

But last season he made too many mistakes in important games and had nowhere near the number of assists he had in the previous season.

So, i think this is a big season for Tav, either he gets back to his best by cutting out the mistakes and rediscovering his best offensive play or we need to look for a replacement.

Great athlete, bang average footballer, who imo has digressed offensively in the last 12 months.

With ten minutes to go on Saturday, he gambled when he should have cleared his lines and lost.

If we are to win the league, Tav needs to get back to his form of two years ago.

Anybody remember his first season when he scored a shit load of goals, could ping free kicks into the net from any angle. Weird how he lost that ability. 

Still he’s an important part of the team but like everybody else has good days and bad days. Needs to lift a trophy soon to start getting a winner’s mentality.

4 minutes ago, King Jela said:

The goal we conceded was because of him and moreso Goldson. 

That's mad to blame anyone other than Goldson mate. Morelos drops very deep to challenge the first header, he has no chance of winning it but at least puts in an effort in order to not give the Hamilton player a free header. I think I see where you are coming from when Tav leaves the ball for Goldson, but there is clearly a shout there as Tav is facing away from Goldson and leaves it to him to try and get out. There is no danger, it required a simple clearance from Goldson who then tried to trap the ball and fucked up.

2 minutes ago, Malkytfp1 said:

That's mad to blame anyone other than Goldson mate. Morelos drops very deep to challenge the first header, he has no chance of winning it but at least puts in an effort in order to not give the Hamilton player a free header. I think I see where you are coming from when Tav leaves the ball for Goldson, but there is clearly a shout there as Tav is facing away from Goldson and leaves it to him to try and get out. There is no danger, it required a simple clearance from Goldson who then tried to trap the ball and fucked up.

Regardless of whether we agree about the goal or not the quote itself is still unforgivable and it didn't help that we then got beat off Hamilton at home, was my point. 

Archived